ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just.Dan---$106-$15985-156-BRV@WL-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 3/19, 156/20-Seller pays MF ‘19- sent 7/25

First time buying resale. I don’t know if I can handle the stress. o_O

Seller is crediting me $1061 for 153 2019 pts at closing so I manually subtracted it and edited the above string. Hope that was ok.

So… I made a low ball offer last night that was surprisingly accepted without counter today. Somebody straitjacket me and send me to DVC rehab!

Now I really want DVC to take my AKV contract.
:worship:
Haha. You know it’s a weird market when you are hoping for Disney to exercise ROFR.

So… I made a low ball offer last night that was surprisingly accepted without counter today. Somebody straitjacket me and send me to DVC rehab!

Now I really want DVC to take my AKV contract.
:worship:

Can’t wait to see the details! What resort?

Can’t wait to see the details! What resort?

VGF, which I wasn't even considering because of the expensive pp cost and point chart...

Someone posted a little while ago that Disney filed for foreclosure on hundreds of delinquent contracts. I wonder if this is why suddenly I'm finding deals. I was getting no where, asking you and Bing showei for tips and almost tempted to go direct.

Last edited:
Positive thoughts. This is the one!
You should be good with this one, especially since they are still selling CCV. My experience is you can get better prices with resorts that they are still selling. I have been thinking about a CCV add on (resale) also - but I am only looking for around 75-100 points there:). The resort is beautiful and my kids loved the cabins when we did the tour.

Looking over the stats it looks like BCV is hovering around 130 pp while BWV is hovering around 115-120. Which seems typical that BCV has always been around ten dollars more that BWV. I wonder - with the new increase at BCV if the requests for direct purchase has dropped there. I remember the the low prices from 09-13. wish I purchased more points then....

Looking over the stats it looks like BCV is hovering around 130 pp while BWV is hovering around 115-120. Which seems typical that BCV has always been around ten dollars more that BWV. I wonder - with the new increase at BCV if the requests for direct purchase has dropped there. I remember the the low prices from 09-13. wish I purchased more points then....

It's just smaller, so less contracts change hands on a regular basis. Buying direct at smaller, popular resorts such as BCV & VGF can be challenging. I doubt the direct price makes much difference in demand, but it certainly helps push up resale prices which is the main reason they raise them. (It'd be much harder to sell CCV direct at $182 if BCV were $80 resale.)

Preacherroe---$98-$31938-300-SSR-Aug-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 7/24

Attempt #3 -- here we go again. I feel better about this one passing ROFR, though, with the $98 pp. Getting 300 points this year seemed to make it worth it. Please tell me I'm right about that.

My rationale is that with the 300 points this year, at $8 pp (I'm estimating $14pp rental value - $6pp maintenance fee =$8 pp value), this contract has a $2,400 added value. And $2400 pays for an additional $8 in a 300-point contract. So the sale at $98 pp with 300 points in 2018 is the same as $90pp stripped contract. Does that make sense, or is my math screwy? (I'm not a math major).

So our first accepted contract didn't pan out.
$75-$5870-70-OKW-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 70/19- sent 7/5 taken 7/26

Disney took my contract. :-( So sad. Guess I'll keep looking.

Is there a special way I need to report this to have it added in the ROFR post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter