ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, thanks. We just made an offer at BLT $140, $29919, 200 BLT Feb 200/17 - 400/18 (can anyone explain this) 200/19. It was literally just listed, we offered, they accepted! WOWZERS! So now we have to wait on this ROFR (I looked it up). Does Disney often actually refuse sales?

FYI, in case you weren't aware, those 200 points listed in the 2017 UY just expired and won't be coming to you. They would have been valid for stays from Feb 1, 2017 to Jan 31, 2018 and if not used by then would expire. I agree they must have been banked 2016 points and the actual 2017 points were banked into the 2018 UY which is why there are 400 there.

After all of the mess with that other BCV contract, a better one came along just a few days later! Everything happens for a reason I guess. While we were searching for another BCV contract, we also found another great poly contract! Our other poly contract just closed this Wednesday, so it has been a big (and expensive) DVC week in our house!

My addonitis now needs to be in remission until 2019. :rotfl2:
I’m so happy to have accomplished our add-on goals for 2018 by Feb 2nd though!

disneylovinfamilyof6---$134-$22592-160-PVB-Apr-0/17, 169/18, 160/19-Seller pays all CC- sent 2/1

disneylovinfamilyof6---$125-$39652-300-BCV-Feb-0/17, 309/18, 300/19, 300/20-Seller pays CC- sent 2/2

FYI, in case you weren't aware, those 200 points listed in the 2017 UY just expired and won't be coming to you. They would have been valid for stays from Feb 1, 2017 to Jan 31, 2018 and if not used by then would expire. I agree they must have been banked 2016 points and the actual 2017 points were banked into the 2018 UY which is why there are 400 there.

Hmm, I hope that's not the case as it seems like false advertisement, but I will make sure to ask. Still getting a good deal either way. Most resales in our range have no points for this year at BLT.

This is actually a fully loaded contract by most people's standards and the $140/per point price is within what BLT has been going for on the high range. So this is a pretty good deal. To bad you can't use the 2016 points bank into 2017 UY, but it is good that the owners banked the 2017 UY points into 2018. So you will have 200 points that need to be used by 1/31/2018 and you can either bank the 2018 UY points into 2019, or use 400 points this year.

I would guess that the owners got into some financial trouble and couldn't afford to go to WDW for vacation and didn't know how to rent the points out to cover the maintenance fees. But it could be something else like a divorce or international seller. You can ask the broker if it is one of these situations.

But they listed for sale on 2/1/18 so how could the points have to be used by the day before?

Hmm, I hope that's not the case as it seems like false advertisement, but I will make sure to ask. Still getting a good deal either way. Most resales in our range have no points for this year at BLT.

It's not really false advertisement since the points were advertised as 2017 UY points and the 2017 Feb UY ended on 1/31/18 (the deadline for using those points). Even if they had been 2017 UY points (and not banked points from 2016), it would've been too late to bank them if the seller had left them in the 2017 UY.

Sometimes the brokers will post on the listing that those points have to be used by X date as a reminder. It would've been nice for the broker to remind you of that fact, but sometimes they probably just assume you know how it works. You do have 10 days to back out of the contract without penalty.

I'm an idiot. There were 2 that we initially bid on, this one is August. Jeez I need more coffee. So then, the first use would need to be used by Sept right? Which was the plan.

I'm an idiot. There were 2 that we initially bid on, this one is August. Jeez I need more coffee. So then, the first use would need to be used by Sept right? Which was the plan.

No worries, but glad the points won't expire right away! If it's an Aug UY, than you have to use the 2017 points by July 31, 2018.

No, by the end of July as they are set to expire on July 31st. I just went into contract with the same type of situation and asked about those points and was told they expire end of July, if they are an August UY.

Oh well we definitely won't be able to get a stay in July! Shoot maybe we shouldn't go with this one.

Oh well we definitely won't be able to get a stay in July! Shoot maybe we shouldn't go with this one.

Can't get a stay or can't go? I wouldn't rule out being able to get a stay somewhere (likely SSR) if you wanted one. Or if you can't go then you could try and rent the points out thru a broker.

I wouldn't give much value to the points in an offer because they are getting close to expiring but it also has both this years points that were already banked plus next years. It's a good contract for points availability and I wouldn't dismiss it just because some banked points might expire. I expect you'll be able to get something done with them though

Last edited:

You would be amazed at how quickly points will go on the Rental/Trade Board if priced at $10/point. I had some expiring points and had them sold out within an hour of posting in late 2016.

Clearly going to stay in NOTHING but 1 and 2 brs :rotfl2:
No 1BRs! My 16 month old and 4 year old require their own sleep space, so as to not wake each other up as. And, I'm the world's lightest sleeper, so one of them can't come in with Hubby and me. Hubby is lucky I let him sleep in the same room with me as he is quite the loud sleeper. Now that I think of it, maybe we should get a GV and all have our own private sleep spaces!:-)

No 1BRs! My 16 month old and 4 year old require their own sleep space, so as to not wake each other up as. And, I'm the world's lightest sleeper, so one of them can't come in with Hubby and me. Hubby is lucky I let him sleep in the same room with me as he is quite the loud sleeper. Now that I think of it, maybe we should get a GV and all have our own private sleep spaces!:-)

From your lips to the ears of the DVC gods...i wish

Now I feel so "lower class" (see thread on "DVC snobs") for only having enough points to make my kids sleep on the sofa bed in a 1BR... :p

Mia Kylie and Co---$134-$27436-200-VGF-Aug-0/17, 63/18, 200/19- sent 2/1

This will be our FIRST DVC contract! We really really hope this all goes through. We actually had a contract fall through back in early August. (Didn't even get to the point of having the contract sent to Disney.) But, if this one passes we will have double the points of what had fallen through. While we were super bummed that we didn't become owners last summer, it seems that it may have all worked out for the better. (That is, if this passes... crossing all our fingers and toes.) I'm pretty new to this, but it sounds like during the time it took me to find a new contract I must have come down with a case of addonitis before actually ever owning. :smooth: Thanks for this awesome thread!

Mia Kylie and Co---$134-$27436-200-VGF-Aug-0/17, 63/18, 200/19- sent 2/1

This will be our FIRST DVC contract! We really really hope this all goes through. We actually had a contract fall through back in early August. (Didn't even get to the point of having the contract sent to Disney.) But, if this one passes we will have double the points of what had fallen through. While we were super bummed that we didn't become owners last summer, it seems that it may have all worked out for the better. (That is, if this passes... crossing all our fingers and toes.) I'm pretty new to this, but it sounds like during the time it took me to find a new contract I must have come down with a case of addonitis before actually ever owning. :smooth: Thanks for this awesome thread!

Good luck, and nice price!

I think you have a good chance, unless since the direct price increase to $220 that they are going to start ROFR more at VGF, but we haven't seen that so far. It's only been a few days since the increase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter