Rip, Ride, Rockit!

Yep, I did a report on Manta too when we were there for media day. It was pretty cool because we got to talk to some of the people behind its design: http://bit.ly/gEN96

That event was what convinced DH and I to get Platinum passes so we can do the passholder mornings now and then get the re-rides once that starts.

Great story!! Thanks for the link. I can't wait til the wife and I are down there again in October. Seaworld is definately on the list this time! :thumbsup2

It was fast when I took the shots, standing right under it there in NY, it was pretty neat. I think they were testing the breaking system in the video. That's what the one security guy told me.

My first picture shows the car hanging there, it was like that for a while, just stopped at the top , not moving!

IMG_1809---Copy.jpg

That is the part that will scare the ----- at of me.Bieng stuck on the lift hill if the ride malfunctions.165ft in the air 90degree looking at the sky.I would freak.This happened to me at BG on Montu and never really got over it.We were at the top for 2mins!!!:scared1:

I was in the park on Sunday and a construction foreman working on the coaster told me it would be open by July 14th. Can't wait to ride it on our next trip.

Update: Akdar, I hope you don't mind I linked over to the thread from my article: http://bit.ly/mSsUZ

I did use your screen name as the taker of the pics. and didn't actually use them, just linked people back over here.

No problem at all, just glad everyone seems to like them, that zoom lens sure came in handy!!!

:thumbsup2 Fantastic pictures, gosh that is one mean coaster :scared1: I think I would just freak big time if I got stuck up there like that!! That is a really, really scary image :scared:

:thumbsup2 Fantastic pictures, gosh that is one mean coaster :scared1: I think I would just freak big time if I got stuck up there like that!! That is a really, really scary image :scared:
I dunno...try getting stuck in the brake run on SeaWorld's Manta, hanging there on your belly with your feet shackled, if you want a freaky experience. We were at the passholder event the other morning, and it was running a little erratically. On one go 'round we were out on that brake run a little longer than I cared to be!

When do you guys think soft openings will start for HRRR?

When do you guys think soft openings will start for HRRR?
I don't know...I haven't heard a word about passholder previews, soft openings or the opening date. :rolleyes1

Maybe someone else has heard something?
:confused3

Top track on the lift hill was removed today. For what, I do not know. For how long, I do not know either.

Venture over to IOA central for pics.

Top track on the lift hill was removed today. For what, I do not know. For how long, I do not know either.

Maybe they're just doing to add some effects or something. Hopefully it'll be finished real soon.

I imagine they will be done by early/mid-July.

I wouldn't expect an opening date anytime soon. It's one problem after another with this thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter