*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Out of curiosity, have you had this problem before in a 1BR? Are they new dryers? I ask because I didn't think they'd actually changed the general footprint of the rooms other than to accommodate the Murphy beds and such.

We've always stayed in 1 Bedrooms, including this past November, when we stayed in an "old" one. I usually do at least 2 loads while there. Never had that problem with the dryer door that kristenrice described. And I hope we don't-I'll be on the lookout for it!

Heritage Week on HHI!
We scored a surprise visit this weekend...maybe we should go find the new RBC Heritage gnome!
(I work the Masters, so I got their gnome.)

You worked the Masters? That makes you officially DH's hero. Just curious, what did you do there? For the Heritage, they have a practice get-together for all the volunteers. Do they do that for the Masters?

IMG_5455.jpegWe returned to the resort this evening after a wonderful trip to Beaufort to do one of the Golf Cart Tours. Tom mentioned to the desk that we have not been here any afternoon to enjoy their cookies. Five minutes ago, a CM brought these!

I wanted to mention something that I noticed in our 1BR that I *think* is going to be a problem:scratchin...
I do not know if it is part of the refurb or not, but when we did laundry, the door to the dryer only opens about 3" before it is stopped by the wall of the closet! I shimmied the dryer as much as I could to get it "adjusted" but I could never open the dryer door more than halfway because it would hit the side wall of the closet. I foresee many dryer doors getting bent and/or broken in the not-too-distant future. I completely forgot to say something to the staff while we were there because I knew that it is not something that is a "quick fix". I can't believe that it passed an inspection, though! I mean, really? You cannot even open the dryer more than a few inches!
Wow, not the case in 1214

IMG_5456.jpeg

You worked the Masters? That makes you officially DH's hero. Just curious, what did you do there? For the Heritage, they have a practice get-together for all the volunteers. Do they do that for the Masters?
I am a driver for a private course that week, but Masters does have Volunteer Day.
I am a public high school AP that our spring break lines up with Masters week on purpose.
I am not sure about Heritage. We are going though!

Wow, not the case in 1214

View attachment 852770
I can tell from that picture that that's a different make of dryer than we had in #1225 last fall, if not all previous times. The previous dryer was a Whirlpool-I know that because Whirlpool is virtually the only brand that has the hamper door, where the door swings down from the top and becomes like a "shelf" (I think Maytag might have hamper doors also). Since the hamper door is a very important feature to me, I remember that we had it. Also, the dials and knobs were up top, not located where these are. The hamper door was OK if the closet bifold door was open all the way. Frankly, though, I can't see any problem with the door on this style. I was mostly addressing the issue of "footprint"-different brand may give slightly different footprint.

I can tell from that picture that that's a different make of dryer than we had in #1225 last fall, if not all previous times. The previous dryer was a Whirlpool-I know that because Whirlpool is virtually the only brand that has the hamper door, where the door swings down from the top and becomes like a "shelf" (I think Maytag might have hamper doors also). Since the hamper door is a very important feature to me, I remember that we had it. Also, the dials and knobs were up top, not located where these are. The hamper door was OK if the closet bifold door was open all the way. Frankly, though, I can't see any problem with the door on this style. I was mostly addressing the issue of "footprint"-different brand may give slightly different footprint.
Unfortunately, my new Whirlpool dryer does not have the hamper door. I agree with you. It is an important feature, and I miss it!

Well, we are on our way home, in NC now. Not sure when we’ll be back, and I’m trying to organize a gals trip, too!

We did enjoy the golf cart tour of Beaufort! It’s a beautiful town. Was captured by the North early in the War and so, it was never burned. Many homes that were built in the 17-1800’s still stand. Many were turned into hospitals during the War, some into schools for the slaves left behind when the owners left them. We ate lunch at Fish Camp on 11th on our way to Beaufort, and we would eat there again.

IMG_3247.jpeg
We saw Many dolphins from our excellent booth in the restaurant!

For those that go more often than we do, I envy you….its just a great resort!

The dryer we had was a square door, not a round one, and it didn't have a window. It also opened to the side and it was on the left side of the closet. That is a VERY different dryer than what we had :scratchin .
Here now.
Looks like some rooms got new washer/dryers (circle) and some kept the old ones (square).

Here now.
Looks like 26 is the last old building left.
The two next to shuffleboard are getting refurbed now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter