Reunion Station News

We will be there in a month and there is no way I'm paying those prices when I can enjoy drinks on my balcony, by the pool, or at Artist point for what it would cost me for a family of four, not to mention not having to rush back from what ever activity we are doing to ensure we get our money's worth nightly. I think if they made it members only, cover charge and cash bar with free apps / snacks that would have attracted more $ in the long run (in addition to holding classes). They could do nightly entertainment for 2 hours certain nights and raise the cover those nights if you come in after a certain hour (the longer you're there the longer you'll drink...)

We will be there in a month and there is no way I'm paying those prices when I can enjoy drinks on my balcony, by the pool, or at Artist point for what it would cost me for a family of four, not to mention not having to rush back from what ever activity we are doing to ensure we get our money's worth nightly. I think if they made it members only, cover charge and cash bar with free apps / snacks that would have attracted more $ in the long run (in addition to holding classes). They could do nightly entertainment for 2 hours certain nights and raise the cover those nights if you come in after a certain hour (the longer you're there the longer you'll drink...)
Artist Point is going under refurb the end of Oct and rumor has it being turned into a character meal. You should get in a last visit next month...just in case they ruin it.

Can’t they just leave Reunion Station alone and just be a regular bar/grill restaraunt? It’s very relaxing. Quit adding dumb venues to drive up revenue.

OMG..Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants! They are going to close it and turn it into a character restaurant???! This is pathetic, and a disaster. We would go to dinner there from wherever we were at WDW every time we went there. I thought it was beautiful, and the food was consistently wonderful.

OMG..Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants! They are going to close it and turn it into a character restaurant???! This is pathetic, and a disaster. We would go to dinner there from wherever we were at WDW every time we went there. I thought it was beautiful, and the food was consistently wonderful.
Well, there are no reservations available past 28 Oct, and the long-held rumor was that AP might add a character breakfast. Within the past three weeks, however, a new rumor has surfaced that AP would not only have a breakfast character meal, but also a lunch, and very disappointingly, have characters for dinner, too. This latest rumor is yet unconfirmed but firmly held by someone who is generally quite accurate. I'm hoping--as many others are--that this won't come to pass. Breakfast, sure. Lunch, if you must. Dinner, just no. If that happens, then WL has no Signature; the DVC resorts there have no Signature; and WL becomes a moderate for all intents and purposes.

This is so sad! It is a wonderful restaurant. I an ok with breakfast and lunch, but my heart breaks at losing ARtist Point for dinner. ‍♀️

Can’t they just leave Reunion Station alone and just be a regular bar/grill restaraunt? It’s very relaxing. Quit adding dumb venues to drive up revenue.
Are you thinking of Geyser Point? That's a different building a few steps away from Reunion Station. AFAIK, GP is still a bar/grill restaurant.

Well, there are no reservations available past 28 Oct, and the long-held rumor was that AP might add a character breakfast. Within the past three weeks, however, a new rumor has surfaced that AP would not only have a breakfast character meal, but also a lunch, and very disappointingly, have characters for dinner, too. This latest rumor is yet unconfirmed but firmly held by someone who is generally quite accurate. I'm hoping--as many others are--that this won't come to pass. Breakfast, sure. Lunch, if you must. Dinner, just no. If that happens, then WL has no Signature; the DVC resorts there have no Signature; and WL becomes a moderate for all intents and purposes.
Dead right on. Given WDW silence? Assume the worst, until they chose to TALK. AP DEAD after Oct28, no SIG at the WL. Not what we paid for when we bought into BRV. Grateful that we can get breakfast (OK - a very QUITE breakfast.... WC has already been destroyed).

POSITIVE note? CABS to the GF, or Contemporary, are about $10 per leg, with solid 20% tip. Here, there be Sig Dining :). Betting a LOT of cabs will be hanging in the WL Parking Lot, about Nov 1 :).

Are you thinking of Geyser Point? That's a different building a few steps away from Reunion Station. AFAIK, GP is still a bar/grill restaurant.
Actually? Same physical building....

The joyous part about Reunion Station? A drop ceiling over priced MESS that took the best beach front property at the WL, diminished it, and wasted it on "that space" which closely resembles your basement Rec Room :(.

It does not even have the decency to be the "CCV Common Area". I asked Customer Relations about this - they insist that the "CCV Common Area" is the WL lobby. So why is this glorified basement Rec Room still standing?

To boot: left with that plan? Having little space left, Disney put in a Pool bar, disguised as a restaurant :(. GP COULD have been a GLORIOUS SIG :(.

Just us . All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong. GUT IT. Then go back and do it right. For reference? See Narcoossee's at the GF.

Last edited:
Honestly, doing a character breakfast (although what characters? Chip and Dale are already at the Fort Wilderness campfire and at Garden Grill, Pooh and friends are already at Crystal Palace and 1900PF brekkie and are British, if you want to stretch the "woods" theme a little, and then you start coming up a little weak on characters who fit into the American Northwest well. Merida? She's Scottish, and who else would you put in. Rapunzel? Doesn't fit American Northwest. Bring back Brother Bear? wot. Leaves you with some themed Big 5 and maybe Humphrey the Bear maybe? Or just ignore surroundings and do Peter, Smee, Hook and Wendy?) would be fine.

This whole big whatever with both eateries is stupid.

Dead right on. Given WDW silence? Assume the worst, until they chose to TALK. AP DEAD after Oct28, no SIG at the WL. Not what we paid for when we bought into BRV. Grateful that we can get breakfast (OK - a very QUITE breakfast.... WC has already been destroyed).

POSITIVE note? CABS to the GF, or Contemporary, are about $10 per leg, with solid 20% tip. Here, there be Sig Dining :). Betting a LOT of cabs will be hanging in the WL Parking Lot, about Nov 1 :).
I'd point out that we should never buy a location counting on such amenities as they can and will change. They could have just closed it completely or used it for private events. AP is among the least utilized signatures along with Citrico's. I've long expected them to do something with it. It's a shame, it's a very nice restaurant, one of our favorites.

Dean is right...as usual. My husband thinks I’m crazy for being so upset, but I really love it. I think we should go down for a special trip before it closes. (I think I’m crazy!)

Dean is right...as usual. My husband thinks I’m crazy for being so upset, but I really love it. I think we should go down for a special trip before it closes. (I think I’m crazy!)
We do enjoy it as well, we feel it's somewhat of a hidden gem but maybe too hidden. Still, it serves as a reminder for what we are and are not getting when we buy in. The only things certain in timeshares is that they change and fees go up. As a rule changes are not for the better overall and even when they are, they always hurt someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter