Redweek is a total joke (purchasing resale)

VGCgroupie

Im in this photo
Redweek is a total joke. This is a listing that is Redweek verified being sold via Redweek brokerage not the seller themselves. I have been exchanging emails with an agent there since the beginning of September. I submitted an offer with a question of clarification on points available since it said banked points available but no amount. He responds days later. After about 8 days he tells me Disney wont issue an estoppel. I inquire why he says "Disney has to waive their first right of refusal to issue an estoppel" UM yeah thats standard practice, so we went back and forth for 8 days for you to tell me something that is perfectly normal. I ask if sellers are international, another 4 days to get a response. Then he says he doesnt know if Disney will transfer banked points that Disney will never respond saying yes. I tell him they will and then he says he will submit the offer FINALLY. Then 4 days later another email to clarify fees with me before submitting offer. I said I know the fees. I tell him why dont you call me so we can speed up this process. 4 days later he ask my time zone. I tell him. Another day for response that he will call me. That was Monday, I have not been called. What a joke this place is. Hopefully the seller didnt pay a listing fee for this nonsense.

That's crazy! On a broker adjacent topic I've actually noticed brokers being super responsive lately to my lowball offers. I'm talking across the board with almost any of the ones that DVCforLess.com aggregates. I've been holding my breath every time I open an email thinking I'll be chastised but they have all been very professional and kind and prompt in their presentation of offers and responses. Will be staying away from RedWeek for DVC purposes!

That's crazy! On a broker adjacent topic I've actually noticed brokers being super responsive lately to my lowball offers. I'm talking across the board with almost any of the ones that DVCforLess.com aggregates. I've been holding my breath every time I open an email thinking I'll be chastised but they have all been very professional and kind and prompt in their presentation of offers and responses. Will be staying away from RedWeek for DVC purposes!
Nice! That is really good to hear.

Redweek is a total joke. This is a listing that is Redweek verified being sold via Redweek brokerage not the seller themselves. I have been exchanging emails with an agent there since the beginning of September. I submitted an offer with a question of clarification on points available since it said banked points available but no amount. He responds days later. After about 8 days he tells me Disney wont issue an estoppel. I inquire why he says "Disney has to waive their first right of refusal to issue an estoppel" UM yeah thats standard practice, so we went back and forth for 8 days for you to tell me something that is perfectly normal. I ask if sellers are international, another 4 days to get a response. Then he says he doesnt know if Disney will transfer banked points that Disney will never respond saying yes. I tell him they will and then he says he will submit the offer FINALLY. Then 4 days later another email to clarify fees with me before submitting offer. I said I know the fees. I tell him why dont you call me so we can speed up this process. 4 days later he ask my time zone. I tell him. Another day for response that he will call me. That was Monday, I have not been called. What a joke this place is. Hopefully the seller didnt pay a listing fee for this nonsense.
Yes, Timeshare companies that don’t just specialize in DVC can be pretty low on actual DVC intel, you end up leading them and sometimes you just end up realising it’s not worth it

Yes, Timeshare companies that don’t just specialize in DVC can be pretty low on actual DVC intel, you end up leading them and sometimes you just end up realising it’s not worth it
It’s crazy. I’m wondering if his email is delayed by 4 days 🤣. He also has no phone number in his email signature.

Hopefully the seller didnt pay a listing fee for this nonsense.
Yes, RedWeek charges listing fees, different amounts depending on whether the seller does the work or not. Word on TUG is that the RedWeek “agents” are poorly trained and generally don’t know what they’re doing, not just with DVC but with timeshare sales in general. Good luck with your purchase!

Yes, RedWeek charges listing fees, different amounts depending on whether the seller does the work or not. Word on TUG is that the RedWeek “agents” are poorly trained and generally don’t know what they’re doing, not just with DVC but with timeshare sales in general. Good luck with your purchase!
It’s likely not going to go anywhere. I can imagine if I have a question about the contract that could take months to get answers. I browsed TUG but I should really sign up to read up in the boards over there. Thanks!

I think I know who people are referencing and I will state that I have done 4 purchases with them (one that got RFOR’d) and they have gone flawlessly.

I actually think most of the DVC focused brokers are good, but some are more receptive to “presenting every offer” vs “getting the most for their sellers”.

I think I know who people are referencing and I will state that I have done 4 purchases with them (one that got RFOR’d) and they have gone flawlessly.

I actually think most of the DVC focused brokers are good, but some are more receptive to “presenting every offer” vs “getting the most for their sellers”.
Pretty sure the one I’m referencing isn’t the same.

I purchased a Marriott resale week through Redweek recently and it was pretty seamless. I wonder if it is just the particular broker you are dealing with?

I purchased a Marriott resale week through Redweek recently and it was pretty seamless. I wonder if it is just the particular broker you are dealing with?
It's possible that he is just not great. But then again Redweek gives no phone number on the site for contacting about purchases and the company email also lacks a phone number at the bottom of emails.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest