READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are currently down here at WDW and we went to HS on Saturday (April 17th). I was not able to get a Virtual ressie for the 7:00 time slot. After my reading some of the ideas here in this thread, we tried again at 1:00. My wife and I were each on the phone trying. I was the one that ended up getting the Virtual ressie.

We got number 150 but after reading everything here about chances of getting on that late, we didn’t have high hopes. At 6:35 p.m., I received a notification that our was up and to report to the ride before 7:35.

We made it on!!!!!! And it was totally AWESOME!!!!!!

Last edited:
My wife and I are currently down here at WDW and we went to HS on Saturday (April 17th). I was able to get a Virtual ressie for the 7:00 time slot. After my reading some of the ideas here in this thread, we tried again at 1:00. My wife and I were each on the phone trying. I was the one that ended up getting the Virtual ressie.

We got number 150 but after reading everything here about chances of getting on that late, we didn’t have high hopes. At 6:35 p.m., I received a notification that our was up and to report to the ride before 7:35.

We made it on!!!!!! And it was totally AWESOME!!!!!!

Did you mean to say you weren't able to get one at 7 am?

Thanks for all the advice here, landed a BG this morning, and I happened to land exactly between our Droid and lightsaber builds (if the estimate holds). Setting up for a perfect day, if the weather cooperates at all.

The cast members at the entrance were very accommodating. We board between 10 and 11 am. My parents weren’t able to make it, so I told the person while we were entering it would just be the 5 of us. He said the other 2 can come back any time that day. My parents did in fact come back later that afternoon and got no hassle whatsoever about getting on.

Also, no spoilers, but Flight of Passage is the only ride other than this that has ever left me mouth agape, laughing and smiling uncontrollably quite like this one. What an incredible experience.

There are 13 in my party. Can I make a reservation for everyone for Rise of the Resistance?
If everyone is linked to your MDE as Family & Friends and you can plan for them, and everyone has a ticket and park reservation for DHS for that day, yes. Just move fast clicking Join-Join-Join without looking to see if everyone is checked, and if anyone gets it, everyone will get it. The BGs are large enough (no, I don’t know how large, but large enough) that booking a party of 13 is no more of a problem than a party of one. It’s not at all like an ADR that you need to split into multiple groups.

We did I read here nd we practiced no stopping! Three of us - two college age and myself, I was sure one of my kids would be successful.
Im curious of people’s perspective on this? Did they somehow interfere with eachother getting a BG? It will be our day very soon, Im the only one thats been practicing & I usually get it barring a couple of glitches. I have the option of maybe 1-3 other family members trying, what should I do? We all have our own individual Log-ins and it’s technically 2 families

Im curious of people’s perspective on this? Did they somehow interfere with eachother getting a BG? It will be our day very soon, Im the only one thats been practicing & I usually get it barring a couple of glitches. I have the option of maybe 1-3 other family members trying, what should I do? We all have our own individual Log-ins and it’s technically 2 families
There have been many, many successful reports of people using the same account so no I don't believe that was the problem. Could have been slow internet connection or just bad luck. But I still believe the more people trying the better.

Also, no spoilers, but Flight of Passage is the only ride other than this that has ever left me mouth agape, laughing and smiling uncontrollably quite like this one. What an incredible experience.
Indeed. The dancing Jar Jar Binks was by far the most incredible audio-animatronic I have ever seen. (Oops, let a minor spoiler slip in there. My bad.)

Today was my first time trying for a boarding group on my own..we’ve ridden twice before but my son & DIL got those for us.**. Today was just DH & me, no way would I be able to explain what to do to him. :rolleyes1 DS was going to try with me from home, but they had the wrong day & I didn’t confirm with them last night. We are at Yacht Club. I turned off wi fi & went with my Verizon data on my iPhone 11. No special time clock. I was on MDE several minutes before 7. Did a finger tap rhythm going for the last couple of minutes. I just had my eye GLUED to the time on the phone. As soon as it clicked to 0700, I hit join, join, join. I followed the advice to not look at if we each had a check mark. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! I got boarding group 9!! The park opened at 9 & our group was called at 8:30 exactly. Unfortunately, I wasn’t ready as early as I wanted to be, but we still made it to the ride by 9:20.

** I did try the other times with my DS & DDIL, but they were the ones successful. I also practiced a coup,e times, but I was not obsessive about it.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

There have been many, many successful reports of people using the same account so no I don't believe that was the problem.
Ive noticed this being mentioned previously and Im confused by it. What if we are not trying from the same account? What is meant by account? I would be using my email to log-in, any other family members would be using their own emails to login right?

Ive noticed this being mentioned previously and Im confused by it. What if we are not trying from the same account? What is meant by account? I would be using my email to log-in, any other family members would be using their own emails to login right?
Both methods work. Many are successful with multiple people signed into the same MDE account and others are successful when trying with more than one account.

I believe the reason people use the ‘many signed into one account’ method is because the person doing the majority of planning for the trip is normally linked to everyone in their travel group. Others may not have the entire group linked to their MDE account which could run the risk of not getting a BG for all and needing to visit the Guest Experience team at DHS to request the rest of the travel group be added to their BG.

An example of this is when we travel with my parents. I have them plus my daughter on my MDE but my parents only have each other on their MDE accounts, not my daughter and I. (LOL, I don’t trust my dad not to play with stuff just to see what happens! ;) ) Also, my daughter doesn’t have her own MDE account yet so I will sign her speedy fingers onto another device with my account when we go.

Last edited:
Just to add to the previous answer, by account it means the email and password used to get into the app. My husband and I just both use the same email and password on our own phones, we do no each have our own separate logins. If someone else has their own specific email and password that they use to login to the app then that is a different account, and in that case they would need to make sure to have everyone in the party linked to it. My traveling party is usually just myself, husband, teen son and teen daughter so we find it easier to just all use the same account (same email and password on our separate devices).

I think it was a connection error - at 1pm we all tried again (same MDE account) my kids turned off wifi and I left mine on. Both of them got through, only one got the BP of course and I got the same error. Rise was amazing.

There will be 5 of us trying on Friday xx fingers I can get another group with my sister and niece but now we all know to avoid wifi!

There will be 5 of us trying on Friday xx fingers I can get another group with my sister and niece but now we all know to avoid wifi!
If you have multiple people trying it might be best to have at least one on WiFi. We had 4 people one day, 2 of us on park WiFi and 2 on cell service. My DS14 got it and he was on WiFi.

Not sure this is really relevant, and mods, please delete if appropriate.

We were there last week, and wi-fi was terrible from our room at the Yacht Club. I kept turning it off, as my battery was being consumed very quickly by the constant searches. (And of course my very helpful phone kept turning it back on, even though it is set not too do so automatically).

Luckily we had many helping and got a BG both times we planned to be in DHS.

In the parks is better, but yikes, be sure you check often. NOTE: I have an older Pixel 2, if that is relevant - I will definitely upgrade before our next trip.

Last edited:
If you have multiple people trying it might be best to have at least one on WiFi. We had 4 people one day, 2 of us on park WiFi and 2 on cell service. My DS14 got it and he was on WiFi.

Interesting - that was my original plan both times but we got a connection error every time via the wifi, maybe that wasn't the issue afterall.....

Thanks!

My brother and I were both logged into my account (since I’m the planner and the only one linked to everyone). We mixed it up. I used the AT-AT join link on the home page and Boardwalk wifi (I was getting 12 mbps on wifi and 5 without), and my brother used the My Queues link and no wifi. My brother got the BG. I think I would’ve as well if he hadn’t, we got through the screens so quick right at 7 per time.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter