READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thank you, I had better keep an eye on this thread again. I am so glad that I checked in here. Just when I think I have it all figured out. . .
OMG I just pretended to join a BG for the first time since last summer and got the red screen in seconds. I seems worse than before. I'll keep practicing.

PS When you practice, since no one has a ticket or park pass for DHS that day, the system ignores them. When the big day comes, the system will see them and check them off automatically.

So, on the actual day you have a park pass for DH, when the queue opens all the members on your account will already be checked off? I think that is my problem practicing as well as I check the "all" at the top first, which takes half a second. Then, red screen of saddness.

OMG I just pretended to join a BG for the first time since last summer and got the red screen in seconds. I seems worse than before. I'll keep practicing.

I tried this morning and was unsuccessful as well.

Is it still fastest to join directly from the main menu vs getting into "Your Virtual Queues" and doing a pull down/refresh method waiting for the actual join button to show up?

I was using the latter - I got to my groups and MDE paused for a second checking for my groups. By the time I was able to smash next it was full

So, on the actual day you have a park pass for DH, when the queue opens all the members on your account will already be checked off?
Correct.

Is it still fastest to join directly from the main menu vs getting into "Your Virtual Queues" and doing a pull down/refresh method waiting for the actual join button to show up?

I was using the latter - I got to my groups and MDE paused for a second checking for my groups. By the time I was able to smash next it was full
I've always done it from the main menu and been successful, but there are reports of people getting it both ways.

I use the main page, where the AT-AT is, and I don't wait for the button to change color. At 6:59:59 I just hit Join-Join-Join. So far I'm 4/4 out of my practice attempts.

Both options are equal except the part about doing a "pull down/refresh". Don't to that. Chose the Home Screen at the AT AT section. You can also go directly to the VQ page by just "Clicking" the blue "Check Status >" on the right side of the home page below the AT AT image.

or the main VQ Main page (click the hamburger button (3 horizontal lines in the lower section of the home screen to take you to the "More" screen with the different "Tiles". Click the Virtual Queues Tile and just sit there and wait for clock change. The Join button is sitting right there.

Try both options. Just wait for the time and don't wait for the Join button to chance color on the main screen.

Note: the reason for not using the pull-down / refresh is that it is a wasted step at this time as it sends uselessness data between your device and the servers that everyone needs to access for the actual "Join".

Dave

You may only get a 1 PM BG if you have a park reservation for DHS and have tapped into the park prior to 1 PM. You may leave the park after tapping in and try for a 1 PM BG.

If you are in Epcot at 1 PM your park reservation for today must be for Epcot and therefore you are not eligible for a BG today. Where was your park reservation for today?

Do you have another day when you have a park reservation for DHS?

question. So as long as I was at HS in the morning lets say then I take a mid-day pool break back at the Yacht club at 1, will I be able to try for BG for ROTR at the pool at1? Thank you

I think the most common error, if it can be called that, is the understandable tendency to wait for the Join button to change color based on the idea that you can't do anything until it does. As posters above have pointed out, that is wrong. Once you get to 6:59:59 or whatever your preferred "go" time is, just do all the Joins no matter what color the button is.

Also I believe someone here (memory has failed, sorry) was saying that a 'refresh' when starting from the Join Virtual Queue screen was not helpful. Just click that button at your desired start time and keep going as fast as you can. I have tried that method on the last couple of test-joins and it worked both times.

I use the main page, where the AT-AT is, and I don't wait for the button to change color. At 6:59:59 I just hit Join-Join-Join. So far I'm 4/4 out of my practice attempts.

Both options are equal except the part about doing a "pull down/refresh". Don't to that. Chose the Home Screen at the AT AT section. You can also go directly to the VQ page by just "Clicking" the blue "Check Status >" on the right side of the home page below the AT AT image.

or the main VQ Main page (click the hamburger button (3 horizontal lines in the lower section of the home screen to take you to the "More" screen with the different "Tiles". Click the Virtual Queues Tile and just sit there and wait for clock change. The Join button is sitting right there.

Try both options. Just wait for the time and don't wait for the Join button to chance color on the main screen.

Note: the reason for not using the pull-down / refresh is that it is a wasted step at this time as it sends uselessness data between your device and the servers that everyone needs to access for the actual "Join".

Dave

I think the most common error, if it can be called that, is the understandable tendency to wait for the Join button to change color based on the idea that you can't do anything until it does. As posters above have pointed out, that is wrong. Once you get to 6:59:59 or whatever your preferred "go" time is, just do all the Joins no matter what color the button is.

Also I believe someone here (memory has failed, sorry) was saying that a 'refresh' when starting from the Join Virtual Queue screen was not helpful. Just click that button at your desired start time and keep going as fast as you can. I have tried that method on the last couple of test-joins and it worked both times.

Thank you all for the help. You think as a 30 yr old I'd have this figured out by now, but the pull/refresh method not working as you described makes sense (since I had to do that to get the join button to appear while at the "Join VQ" screen that shows the actual attraction). Seems like I was one screen ahead of where I needed to be to have the Join button self-populate versus with the other join methods

I'll continue to practice with just going from the AT-AT home page join and going through there. Appreciate all the help!

PS When you practice, since no one has a ticket or park pass for DHS that day, the system ignores them. When the big day comes, the system will see them and check them off automatically.
Thank you for this! I was wondering about that. It's stressful when practicing since you see your party and they are not checked! Knowing that this changes on the day of relieves my anxiety. (so sad I have anxiety about this...)

I sure hope that when things open up more, that there is some way to combine FP (in whatever form that takes) with BGs for those who don't have FP, and also maybe a standby line. The BG format for a huge crowd seems to be really lacking, especially for folks who don't know the tricks. Yes, everyone can do their research ahead of time, but some will never be able to ride this the way it is right now, and it seems like there must be SOME way to level the playing field when NORMAL (what ever that is!) returns.

I sure hope that when things open up more, that there is some way to combine FP (in whatever form that takes) with BGs for those who don't have FP, and also maybe a standby line. The BG format for a huge crowd seems to be really lacking, especially for folks who don't know the tricks. Yes, everyone can do their research ahead of time, but some will never be able to ride this the way it is right now, and it seems like there must be SOME way to level the playing field when NORMAL (what ever that is!) returns.
As long as everyone is linked via MDE, a BG can be obtained for all. There was a poster on this thread with a group of 23 who successfully got a BG for their entire group. If everyone is linked to the account that gets the BG then they get it for all.

Demand is high for this amazing ride and it seems to be as fair as it possibly can without guests needing to stand in line for multiple hours to ride. Personally I will take trying to get a BG over that option any day.

As long as everyone is linked via MDE, a BG can be obtained for all. There was a poster on this thread with a group of 23 who successfully got a BG for their entire group. If everyone is linked to the account that gets the BG then they get it for all.

Demand is high for this amazing ride and it seems to be as fair as it possibly can without guests needing to stand in line for multiple hours to ride. Personally I will take trying to get a BG over that option any day.
Yes me too, I can't stand in long lines without melting down.... LOL. But if they could somehow configure FPs and BGs to work together, maybe that would be an easier solution. FOP was a disaster when it first opened, and still people will stand in line for hours to ride that, but at least you have a chance to get a FP for it - or you could in the "before covid" times.

Who knows.... I'm just hoping NORMAL returns sooner rather than later.

I'm getting the message "Is Everyone Here? Each member of your party needs to be in the park ...." Does that mean I would have been successful? I never noticed that message before but I usually have the atomic clock hovering near the top of my screen.

I'm getting the message "Is Everyone Here? Each member of your party needs to be in the park ...." Does that mean I would have been successful? I never noticed that message before but I usually have the atomic clock hovering near the top of my screen.
Yep, that’s exactly what it means! You’ve found the process that works for you - keep practicing, and MTFBWY when the real day comes.

My only complaint, and it isn't limited in application to this ride, is all the bloggers who go on it every single day. There has to be hundreds of them. It'd be nice, more fair IMO, if they could limit it to you can only go on the ride one per 30 days.

My only complaint, and it isn't limited in application to this ride, is all the bloggers who go on it every single day. There has to be hundreds of them. It'd be nice, more fair IMO, if they could limit it to you can only go on the ride one per 30 days.
I’d be willing to bet that the percentage of bloggers riding on a daily basis is minuscule. We rode twice during our week long trip last month but probably won’t ride again for another 6 months to a year. I would definitely not want a once every 30 day rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter