• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used WiFi both times last week and got 19 and 2. It was considerably faster than cell service.
Thanks for sharing this. In January I used my less than stellar cellular data (straight talk) and got 63, 90 and 94. I thought I might try wifi my first time in a couple of weeks as an experiment. At home I do better on my wifi, but I know disney wifi might not be as good.

Practiced from home this morning in preparation for trying to help a friend out tomorrow who will be there (I will be here in Texas!). Got through successfully on only 1/4 phones here at the house. That is really frightening. The others just went right to the red death banner.

Thanks for sharing this. In January I used my less than stellar cellular data (straight talk) and got 63, 90 and 94. I thought I might try wifi my first time in a couple of weeks as an experiment. At home I do better on my wifi, but I know disney wifi might not be as good.

Ive used Disney WiFi twice. 36 & 17. Don’t hesitate at 10am. Join-join!!

We got on first Skyliner of the day. First through turnstiles at HS. Got on first car of MMRR. Off at 9:30. Found a bench by star tours. DD and I were on data and DH on wi-fi. DD got it with her fast teenage fingers, fitting since it’s her bday. BG 8! Thanks to everyone for answering questions on this board!

We got on first Skyliner of the day. First through turnstiles at HS. Got on first car of MMRR. Off at 9:30. Found a bench by star tours. DD and I were on data and DH on wi-fi. DD got it with her fast teenage fingers, fitting since it’s her bday. BG 8! Thanks to everyone for answering questions on this board!

Just started practicing before our late Oct trip and staying at skyliner resort. How early did you stand in line for the skyliner?

Just started practicing before our late Oct trip and staying at skyliner resort. How early did you stand in line for the skyliner?
We got there at 8 and we were sixth in line , but when they filled lines inside we ended up first on. I’d say getting there by 8:30 you would still be in pretty good shape but by 8:45 the line was quite long.

Maybe just trying to give themselves an advantage by trying to get everyone else on wifi :rolleyes1
I've used an iPhone to get BGs, and the iPhone will automatically use the faster data connection- whether it's wifi or cell data. I haven't noticed any significant issues with either. Other phone models likely have a use faster connection option as well.

Anyone that can share 2pm BG experiences- I used this thread to get ROTR in January- but we are going again in a few weeks and I just don’t see my family getting up early (which is funny because we did 5:46am) to do it again. Has there been an overall % shot of getting on during an average weekday? Is it 50% at 10 and 50% at 2pm? Just trying to judge our chances... thanks guys!

Anyone that can share 2pm BG experiences- I used this thread to get ROTR in January- but we are going again in a few weeks and I just don’t see my family getting up early (which is funny because we did 5:46am) to do it again. Has there been an overall % shot of getting on during an average weekday? Is it 50% at 10 and 50% at 2pm? Just trying to judge our chances... thanks guys!
People are successful at 2pm for sure but it’s also based on how the ride is doing that day. If it’s having a rough day (which it’s still known to do regularly), not as many BGs are released at 2pm.

How early is the DHS parking lot open? What time to drive over or take an Uber/Lyft over there?

From our experience this week, security didn’t allow cars in until 8:30, and the entrance line was fairly long by then. I would absolutely recommend Uber to the Swan and walk.

We got there at 8 and we were sixth in line , but when they filled lines inside we ended up first on. I’d say getting there by 8:30 you would still be in pretty good shape but by 8:45 the line was quite long.

Would you say the line died down after it started running?

Like beating the rush hour traffic by waiting?

no wi-fi!! just check your data speed (bars) remember your finger hovering over the join button and as soon as your phone switches to 10 just hit join and join

Ive used Disney WiFi twice. 36 & 17. Don’t hesitate at 10am. Join-join!!
I used cell service when I was there last week and got 28. I also used cell service on a previous trip and got a good number. I think the key is to be ready to go right at 10 am. Good luck!

Would you say the line died down after it started running?

Like beating the rush hour traffic by waiting?

the question is are you only going for a boarding group? it is not a guarantee but they have been opening the park early and starting rides early. people are getting of rides at 915-930 and the lines for rides have been closed due to many people in the lines. Runway rail road by 1015 is near a 2 hour wait

Last edited:
Thank you! Will start getting on that. My biggest worry was timing the Skyliner properly. Will shoot for 7:30 AM or Earlier!

Was hoping timing HS for monday would help reduce crowd levels :3

On Wednesday we were the first group at the Skyliner at POP. We got in line at 7:00 and then people started steadily getting in line after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter