READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what others are experiencing, but all of the Cast Members at Guest Services in HS were telling people to only have one person from your party try for a BG. They’re saying if you both try it can mess it up. I don’t know what others have heard but that was our experience and we ended up getting BG 56 on Wednesday! It was awesome!

I've used an iPhone to get BGs, and the iPhone will automatically use the faster data connection- whether it's wifi or cell data. I haven't noticed any significant issues with either. Other phone models likely have a use faster connection option as well.

I have an iphone SE and it uses wifi if it is on, regardless of strength

I’m not sure what others are experiencing, but all of the Cast Members at Guest Services in HS were telling people to only have one person from your party try for a BG. They’re saying if you both try it can mess it up. I don’t know what others have heard but that was our experience and we ended up getting BG 56 on Wednesday! It was awesome!

CM routinely say this but it isn’t true. My mom and I both always try and I have always gotten a group, including one post-covid. All but one time I’ve gotten a very low or middling number. Always got called to ride.

What time would you recommend that we arrive at the Swan to walk to HS? Is it hard to find the walkway? I'm not familiar with that area at all...

Someone reported on their trip that, it did not auto select their whole group as people are saying it should. Is it still auto selecting the people in the park for you?

I practice regularly but since the change to auto select I can not get in hit select all, then uncheck one name and get to the next page successfully. I am getting a bit worried. If I practice and just go through with my name preselected I can have success.

What time would you recommend that we arrive at the Swan to walk to HS? Is it hard to find the walkway? I'm not familiar with that area at all...
I would plan on arriving at the Swan front doors by 8:45 AM. It is a very leisure walk of 15-20 minutes putting you in the line at about 9:05 - 9:10 as Guests are allowed into the park.

Walk straight through the front doors and when you get to the Swan fountain turn left, walking toward the Dolphin and exit the Swan.

Turn right on the large wide walkway go over the bridge (over the canal to DHS) toward Crescent lake & the Boardwalk. Turn right at the first walkway on your right. This is right next to the Boardwalk Atlantic Dance building. Keep walking toward the Luna Park pool and you will see the walkway on your right directly along the canal to DHS.

One you get near the DHS area you will see the new Bus area on your left and it will be very clear where you need to go to the Medical Check tent and on to the Security Check-point.

Dave

I practice regularly but since the change to auto select I can not get in hit select all, then uncheck one name and get to the next page successfully. I am getting a bit worried. If I practice and just go through with my name preselected I can have success.
Don't try to do this. Just hit the Join since your name is "auto-selected". You are wasting valuable seconds. You are making it more complex than needed.

Dave

I would plan on arriving at the Swan front doors by 8:45 AM. It is a very leisure walk of 15-20 minutes putting you in the line at about 9:05 - 9:10 as Guests are allowed into the park.

Walk straight through the front doors and when you get to the Swan fountain turn left, walking toward the Dolphin and exit the Swan.

Turn right on the large wide walkway go over the bridge (over the canal to DHS) toward Crescent lake & the Boardwalk. Turn right at the first walkway on your right. This is right next to the Boardwalk Atlantic Dance building. Keep walking toward the Luna Park pool and you will see the walkway on your right directly along the canal to DHS.

One you get near the DHS area you will see the new Bus area on your left and it will be very clear where you need to go to the Medical Check tent and on to the Security Check-point.

Dave

Are there signs on the walkway directing you how to get to the parks?

I have been practicing and if you have 4 other family members - what chance do folks really have? The boarding groups were gone in 2 seconds. Do you get added to the queue when you hit join or after you add family members?

Don't try to do this. Just hit the Join since your name is "auto-selected". You are wasting valuable seconds. You are making it more complex than needed.

Dave
My comment was not about practicing. It was about the person reporting when they were in HS the other day it did not preselect their party. I am trying to verify if preselection is still happening because adding members now is near impossible

Yes in-park guests are auto selected 99.999% of the time.

There have been only a couple of days where there have been issues with the auto pre-selection not getting every member of a Friends and Family group where the individuals had already entered the park but were not "auto-selected".

Dave

They say that, but that's not true.

When people practice at home - do you actually get anything that says you can get a boarding group (and then get an error that you aren't in the park). I have been practicing for days and all I do is click Join and click my party and within 1 second it says - boarding window is closed.

When people practice at home - do you actually get anything that says you can get a boarding group (and then get an error that you aren't in the park). I have been practicing for days and all I do is click Join and click my party and within 1 second it says - boarding window is closed.

I am having the exact same issue and have been for 2 weeks at least. I have tried both on wifi and off wifi. I have a trip coming up and have no idea what if anything I am doing wrong. I am on Samsung S10, app version 6.4. Can anyone help? I used to have no issues and would get the u aren't in the park message all the time. Now all I see is the big red message no more boarding groups.

Thank you in advance

For Those practicing at home if you do not hit Join on the main screen at exactly 10a you will not get through because they are gone so fast. 3-5 seconds late and you stand no shot.

When practicing from home if you fear the notification that sarta something like "are you in the park" that means that If you were you would've got abg
They are going in less than 5 seconds, so click join both times as fast as you can

Recently I have found that it "thinks" a lot longer at the 1st join button if my location is turned off, and I am then unsuccessful practicing. When I turn the location on, it loads the join button more quickly & I get through. It is consistent in this pattern.

I never have my location on, and this was a change from maybe 2 weeks ago, so it was noticible.

We have a park reservation for this Friday, the day we are checking into Old Key West. What would likely allow us to get into park earliest - Driving and parking at DHS? Or getting to OKW early, parking there and then taking WDW transportation to DHS? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter