READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say "Struck Out", do you mean you weren't even able to click the Join button? I was able to get all the way to the screen where it said no one is in the park. Does that mean it was a "successful 'practice?
Yes, that means that had you been in the park, you would have secured a BG.

Yes, that means that had you been in the park, you would have secured a BG.

Hypothetically, but sometimes you can still get that same error message in the park and you won't have enough time to correct it to get the BG. So "practicing" won't help if that's your glitch (I believe its caused by the app not properly reading your GPS to know that you're in the park despite having been scanned in).

Hypothetically, but sometimes you can still get that same error message in the park and you won't have enough time to correct it to get the BG. So "practicing" won't help if that's your glitch (I believe its caused by the app not properly reading your GPS to know that you're in the park despite having been scanned in).
If one experiences a glitch while attempting to get a BG they can certainly attempt to rectify things with the GET. The system is designed to work a certain way. I'm not aware and find it highly unlikely that the app attempts to properly read anything regarding GPS. It's widely known that one can scan in at the park entrance and then go back to their hotel and still secure a group; you don't have to actually be in the park to obtain a BG.

If one experiences a glitch while attempting to get a BG they can certainly attempt to rectify things with the GET. The system is designed to work a certain way. I'm not aware and find it highly unlikely that the app attempts to properly read anything regarding GPS. It's widely known that one can scan in at the park entrance and then go back to their hotel and still secure a group; you don't have to actually be in the park to obtain a BG.
Is there a way to confirm that you are considered "in the park" before the VQ's open?

(I believe its caused by the app not properly reading your GPS to know that you're in the park despite having been scanned in).
No the app does not care if you are in the park when the BG VQ open at 10 or 2 daily. Very confusing stuff but GPS is helpful for other parts the app.

You just have to have already been through the Tapstile point with a "Green" Mickey. So you can Tap in and then leave the park and still quality to try for a BG at 10 or 2. You just might have to rush back within 1 hour should you get BG 1-9.

Dave

Is there a way to confirm that you are considered "in the park" before the VQ's open?
I don't know if there is an easy way, but some tickets do show the number of entitlements left on them. So, while I use an AP that does not show a specific number of entitlements, I also have non expiring tickets in my MDE that do show how many entitlements are left. Depending on what one uses as the form of entry, it would be possible to tell that way if an entitlement was used. Other than that, I can't think of any other way to actually verify on your own if you're "in the park" short of verifying with a CM. I'm sure someone else will come along to share their experiences. FWIW, I'm not aware that this has even been an issue.

Has anyone given this a try? Given current demand, it seems that even a fraction of a second could make a difference in the queue race.

I turned mine off for my practice run today. Not sure if it made a difference or not, because while I was successful today in getting to the 'no one's in the park' message, I have also been successful the past 4 days with it on :fish:

Go to a GET cm as soon as you enter, they can scan your band to make sure. There's one at the end of Hollywood Blvd
Thanks. I really don't want to have the glitch that affected many guests a few weeks ago. I remember seeing the line for GET was super long after all the BG's were gone

Thanks. I really don't want to have the glitch that affected many guests a few weeks ago. I remember seeing the line for GET was super long after all the BG's were gone
well that was different, that was just a major glitch. It's happened 3 times since the ride opened in December

Has anyone given this a try? Given current demand, it seems that even a fraction of a second could make a difference in the queue race.
I'd actually like to know if anyone tries it in the park, too. I will try practicing at home this weekend, but would like to hear about some in-park attempts. Josh did try it, obviously. And he usually doesn't recommend something unless he feels its helpful. YMMV though? My thinking was exactly what you said- a fraction of a second could help.

So, just trying to confirm that I’ll be able to get boarding groups for everyone in my party.

I can see the tickets of 2 other people in my party of 5. The 2 that I cannot see don’t actually have accounts and are managed by my dad. I did get them on my friends and family list, which my dad confirmed. So I think it’s good?

So, just trying to confirm that I’ll be able to get boarding groups for everyone in my party.

I can see the tickets of 2 other people in my party of 5. The 2 that I cannot see don’t actually have accounts and are managed by my dad. I did get them on my friends and family list, which my dad confirmed. So I think it’s good?
I recommend verifying that with a CM prior to your HS day. A simple phone call to the tech support line or to guest services and they'll adjust your list in MDE ahead of time. You'll have a far less stressful experience if it's ready ahead of time. That way, you can confidently ignore the checklist of people in your party when you're in the park trying to click "join" and get that BG. As long as they've tapped the magic band or ticket to get into the park that morning, and they're on your list in MDE, then there's no issue with them being included in your BG when you get one.
IMHO

I recommend verifying that with a CM prior to your HS day. A simple phone call to the tech support line or to guest services and they'll adjust your list in MDE ahead of time. You'll have a far less stressful experience if it's ready ahead of time. That way, you can confidently ignore the checklist of people in your party when you're in the park trying to click "join" and get that BG. As long as they've tapped the magic band or ticket to get into the park that morning, and they're on your list in MDE, then there's no issue with them being included in your BG when you get one.
IMHO

That's good advice, I'll probably do that when I get some time! I don't want any unforeseen circumstances to keep us all from riding.

We will be at HS on Mon Dec 7th. I see where they said they have been letting people in early and you can get in line for a ride. If we get there early is it possible to ride MMRR and still be able to try for a Rise of The Resistance boarding pass at 10? or is it better to wait and try to get boarding pass first?

We will be at HS on Mon Dec 7th. I see where they said they have been letting people in early and you can get in line for a ride. If we get there early is it possible to ride MMRR and still be able to try for a Rise of The Resistance boarding pass at 10? or is it better to wait and try to get boarding pass first?

We were able to do this in early August. However, this was at a time when I think admission to the park was more limited than it is right now.

merged you to the existing thread. Read back a couple of pages and see people's experiences

I will be heading to Disney next weekend 10/2-10/6 and staying at the Pop Resort.

I have reservations for Animal Kingdom on Saturday, Magic Kingdom on Sunday and Hollywood on Monday.

I have never stayed at the Pop, nor have I ridden the Skyliner before (Normally stay at Contemporary or Polynesian).

What should my game plan be for my Monday trip to Hollywood Studios?

Honestly, my main goal will be to get on Mickeys Runaway Railway, and Rise of the Resistance, I know I know, so does everyone else.

The last time I visited Hollywood I had just missed the opening date for Rise.

When should I begin heading over to Hollywood? How much time should I factor for the Skyline? Should I just skip the skyliner and just take an uber/bus etc?

I haven't familiarized myself with how boarding passes work, and I'm going with one other adult, should we both attempt to get boarding passes as soon as the clock hit 10 AM?

I'll be super bummed if I don't get a boarding group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter