READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the 3 times to join boarding groups... Can someone hypothetically get into a boarding group three times? Or will the system only allow a party to ride once per day? I worry that some groups would try to get multiple rides while others missed out on a boarding pass because they couldn't get in during the 15 second window...

Question about the 3 times to join boarding groups... Can someone hypothetically get into a boarding group three times? Or will the system only allow a party to ride once per day? I worry that some groups would try to get multiple rides while others missed out on a boarding pass because they couldn't get in during the 15 second window...

You can only join a BG once per day.

Awesome. Do we have any data on when BPs are running out? Like, are they easier to get later in the day?

Just the data reported in this thread and a few other posts from people that are in the parks.

Sounds like today the 10am drop was gone in 15 seconds.

We got BG 41 at the 1pm drop yesterday and it seems like those slots were also gone in under a minute.

If the ride has issues then the 1pm and 4pm drops could be severely limited which makes 10am your best bet (but still by no means a sure thing).

I feel like I've asked this before, but I haven't seen the answer in a lot of reading. I cannot see what BG is currently in line. Is that true for everyone? Am I missing something?
BGs are posted in the parks on the tip boards but not online at this time.

Updating to say that those with a BG reserved are now seeing an anticipated return time on the BG reservation. That's an update from yesterday.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a thread where someone was keeping a spreadsheet of numbers of boarding groups per day? Whatever happened to that?
It was this thread but when the world fell apart the chart went with it 🤣

All we have left are the memories and the gifs... and post #2 with lots of reactions:
I miss you Chart 😘

ilovechart-gif.467949

(For those unaware - at one time this comment contained a chart of all Boarding Group related data from the opening of the ride through it's first few months - it was magnificent and glorious! Some were brought to tears by the shear beauty of it... Now all we have left are the memories...and the gifs!)

I feel that with the advance Park Pass reservation being needed anyway, Disney could alleviate the expectation and frustration for RotR by having two catergories of Park Pass: DHS with RotR and DHS without RotR (backup only). That way people would know in advance if they have access to the virtual queue and can make better decisions -- especially with no park hopping. Don't know if that would kill the attendance at DHS though. The VQ lotto is not fun. (Well, it is fun if you win; but leading up to that it is much stress and high potential for disappointment). Probably would shift the craziness to a DHS Park Pass Lotto, but at least that is not after entry.
Honestly, I would be fine with this approach. The BG procedures sound more stressful than ever, and having to try again at multiple times throughout the day makes me nervous that I'm going to feel tied down at a time when I'd want to leave the park to take a nap (I don't think I can stick it for ten hours in September heat).

Honestly, as much as I love RotR, it has me thinking that I might just go in with the assumption that I'm not riding it on this upcoming trip. I've already gotten to ride it twice in full (and been unloaded mid-ride twice :p), and with capacity so low I may just save myself the stress and leave that BG spot for someone who might be on their first visit to Batuu. I just hope things are running smoother by January since that'll be my housemate's first trip to WDW and if park hopping is still disallowed we'll only have one day to try for RotR.

It's once per day, but you also have to keep in mind that everyone does have an equal opportunity to join. I hope they eventually are able to let us ride more than once per day. It's just extra bad right now with the ride capacity.

Yesterday the 10 and 1 went in less than 30 seconds, the 4pm didn't even open at all
Today the 10 went in less than 15 seconds
You can check from home, just try and join at thr specific time and see how fast it says "all booked"

I've been practicing from home, I always get to add my boyfriend and then of course it tells me I can't go any further because I am not in the park. I'm hoping I would be fast enough to get a pass. I just keep refreshing until the button pops up.

I find the virtual boarding groups frustrating. I get the point of them, but I tried for both the 10am and Ipm today and didn’t get either. They were gone in seconds. Seconds! I’m glad we ride it at Christmas because who knows when we’ll get the chance to ride again.

I've been practicing from home, I always get to add my boyfriend and then of course it tells me I can't go any further because I am not in the park. I'm hoping I would be fast enough to get a pass. I just keep refreshing until the button pops up.
This as far are you can go from home. Your last step should have been the Red box at the bottom of the app indicating that you can't go farther since you are not currently in the park. That indicates that you were fast enough.

Dave

When You click next and it tells you that you are not in the park, it means you would have gotten through, most likely. The times where you would have missed will include either or a blue error at the bottom when you clicked next saying something went wrong, or a red error at the bottom saying something to the effect of no more boarding groups are being added. basically, not in park good, errors bad :)

I practiced and got through right at 4 and then tried to relaunch app and do it a second time. By the time I closed the app and opened new there was no longer availability meaning it was gone in seconds again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter