READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, have no experience with RoTR and need to figure the VQ out, so here goes a dumb question. Several people have mentioned being at home and seeing some, or all, of their family‘s names to join the VQ today. I tried at 1 and 4 on the dot but never saw my friends and family names come up after I tried to join, there is a just a big white blank space under the attraction name. Is that where the names appear or is there another screen after that page (though I don’t see a button to continue)? After BGs are full, do the names disappear? I wonder if I have just been too late!

I do have the latest version of the app.

Hey all, have no experience with RoTR and need to figure the VQ out, so here goes a dumb question. Several people have mentioned being at home and seeing some, or all, of their family‘s names to join the VQ today. I tried at 1 and 4 on the dot but never saw my friends and family names come up after I tried to join, there is a just a big white blank space under the attraction name. Is that where the names appear or is there another screen after that page (though I don’t see a button to continue)? After BGs are full, do the names disappear? I wonder if I have just been too late!

I do have the latest version of the app.
Yeah, I tried from home just to see what would happen (though did not ultimately join a BG, obviously), and that is the screen where the friends and family appeared for me. Once BGs were full, clicking "join" on the main page took me directly to the notice that all BGs were distributed for that time--no friends and family list.

It sounds like you may have the glitch that was causing frustration at the park today--where people couldn't get any or all of their party to show up. If I were you, I'd preemptively get to the park a bit early on your HS day and beeline straight for one of the tech help spots so you can be first in line if it doesn't work there.

Yikes, glad I asked! Thanks for the response and advice!

Yeah, I tried from home just to see what would happen (though did not ultimately join a BG, obviously), and that is the screen where the friends and family appeared for me. Once BGs were full, clicking "join" on the main page took me directly to the notice that all BGs were distributed for that time--no friends and family list.

It sounds like you may have the glitch that was causing frustration at the park today--where people couldn't get any or all of their party to show up. If I were you, I'd preemptively get to the park a bit early on your HS day and beeline straight for one of the tech help spots so you can be first in line if it doesn't work there.

I hope they move bg to book only in the morning, they wanted people arriving later but most arrived early anyways. I think that would help, not sure I'd they'll start reducing numbers of guests, they were selling same day tickets today
Thanks for all your great updates! Was there in Dec for opening week and this thread was key to snagging a BG. Now I can continue to relive RotR vicariously in a post covid world. Sorry to hear that Disney still hasn't worked the IT issues with the VQ, nor the technical issues with the ride. 😞

From what I heard, Guest Services/Guest Experience team was giving out spots to those who had issues. This lessened the amount available at 1PM and 4PM hence why gone instantly. The ride also had technical issues and of course capacity is WAY down due to one party per vehicle.

Yeah, I just meant at least with a FP my four year old and I could ride MMRR. Now if these wait times keep up the wait time would be too long for him to handle, and with so little else he is tall enough for it HS it is going to be a short day for us.

Otherwise yeah, the general crowding issues and BG debacle have nothing to do with no fastpass—didn't mean to cause confusion.
We got in line when it said 80 min wait and it ended up being more like 20-25 min. Hopefully that will be the case when you go. I know long waits can be hard for little ones. I did see the wait go down to 30 min at one point in the app but was not able to go during that time since we were in line for something else. It was a little busy but with watching app times we did not wait more then 30 min or so for a ride.

Do you think if you’re able to get a boarding group, but there’s a glitch and not everyone’s name appears on the app in your party—- can you just show up when you’re called and explain —- and they’ll still let you all in? I mean you’ll easily be able to show in mde you’re all in the same reservation so it was a glitch? I’m just wondering if I can save some time in case I do experience this glitch, do I have to stand in the customer service line?

Do you think if you’re able to get a boarding group, but there’s a glitch and not everyone’s name appears on the app in your party—- can you just show up when you’re called and explain —- and they’ll still let you all in? I mean you’ll easily be able to show in mde you’re all in the same reservation so it was a glitch? I’m just wondering if I can save some time in case I do experience this glitch, do I have to stand in the customer service line?
I would be hesitant on that. You can always try but if they say no you’re sort of screwed.

Book whatever names come up. Right away go to a blue umbrella with the guest experience team and explain and they'll be able to add the rest of your party that's in the park.
The cm at the entrance of the ride cannot do anything about it

Book whatever names come up. Right away go to a blue umbrella with the guest experience team and explain and they'll be able to add the rest of your party that's in the park.
The cm at the entrance of the ride cannot do anything about it
Thank you!

It was pretty quick. From Work, I did the shut down the app and reopen at 10 seconds til and waited til 1 second after to click Join and it went through pretty quick for me, though it froze a bit at the loading friends and family screen. It looked like I still would have gotten through first time around, but when I tried a second time, I got the something went wrong message.

I feel like I've asked this before, but I haven't seen the answer in a lot of reading. I cannot see what BG is currently in line. Is that true for everyone? Am I missing something?

Just want to say thanks. Our first DHS day is Monday and I did a practice run this morning, got the join button (yay!) and everyone was listed (yay again) but made me realize how many people I have on my friends and family list. Wont let me remove the extras on MDE even though we have no plans so now on hold for tech so they can hopefully do it. It’s going to be hard enough selecting my family of 7 quickly enough, don’t need 10 extra people to search thru. I’d be lost without this post, so thanks!

I feel that with the advance Park Pass reservation being needed anyway, Disney could alleviate the expectation and frustration for RotR by having two catergories of Park Pass: DHS with RotR and DHS without RotR (backup only). That way people would know in advance if they have access to the virtual queue and can make better decisions -- especially with no park hopping. Don't know if that would kill the attendance at DHS though. The VQ lotto is not fun. (Well, it is fun if you win; but leading up to that it is much stress and high potential for disappointment). Probably would shift the craziness to a DHS Park Pass Lotto, but at least that is not after entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest