• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RAT update of 10/18: Anyone think Canceled Inventory isn't being Released?

There are three nights in a Poly studio on there now :-)

Thanks so much. Also at BLT but if I cant get a full week or six nights, Im not moving out of my full eight night one bedroom preferred view at SSR.

Was seeing very little movement for a few days stalking studios the week before Easter other than inventory disappearing. Have seen a couple things pop up the last day or 2 though.

Not for me. The last two weeks have been almost exactly the same (I have taken pictures on my phone LOL) but just a few minutes ago saw an added
day for OKW Studio. Not what I want or need but there hasn't been one new day that has been added, or even taken away for that matter and this is January 5-12.
I have what I want/need, a one bedroom from January 4-12 in SSR Preferred View but hoping for a miracle pixie dust moment where someone cancels a monorail resort for the week (I have January 4-5 listed separately since it's easier for me to search for a week as well as we land at 11:45 pm on January 4 so don't care where I spend that evening if I can get a week in a monorail resort but know it is extremely slim, thus my stalking (and my two WLs).

I've seen a bit more movement yesterday/today versus most of the last week. For Princess weekend I just need one more day and I've seen Poly Lake View pop up twice now for that exact day! But I need Std because I have the day before and after. Hopefully soon!

I'm also hoping to switch a day in December, but not as hopefully for any changes in early December.

I got excited when I got a "We can't wait to welcome you home" email (thinking I got one of my WLs), but it was for an existing reservation that just got resent for some reason.

Last edited:

I've been refreshing so often for the past several days that I've gone slightly batty. Last night I got really excited, "I found my missing night at BWV!!" while chatting on the telephone. Somewhere after completing the confirmation process I realized, "Stupid me ... I just reconfirmed an existing night. I was [Modify]ing the wrong night of my plan!"

Oh, well. No harm, I s'pose ... I just "rebooked" the same location and unit type as the existing reservation. Color me batty.

I got excited when I got a "We can't wait to welcome you home" email (thinking I got one of my WLs), but it was for an existing reservation that just got resent for some reason.

I've received 7 of those emails today. I've modified a few times over the past couple of weeks and hadn't received the emails....they all came today but 3 of them also came twice today.

I've been refreshing so often for the past several days that I've gone slightly batty. Last night I got really excited, "I found my missing night at BWV!!" while chatting on the telephone. Somewhere after completing the confirmation process I realized, "Stupid me ... I just reconfirmed an existing night. I was [Modify]ing the wrong night of my plan!"

Oh, well. No harm, I s'pose ... I just "rebooked" the same location and unit type as the existing reservation. Color me batty.

Yes it can get quite obsessive. Wait until you start having dreams about refreshing. I did lol

My Poly WL just came through! Funny, I got back from a meeting, checked the RAT, and was disappointed the night after showed up but not the night I needed. Thought maybe my WL came through, checked the dashboard, and it had!

I cancelled 2 nights at BC and 1 night at CCV and both are in the RAT now.

My Poly WL just came through! Funny, I got back from a meeting, checked the RAT, and was disappointed the night after showed up but not the night I needed. Thought maybe my WL came through, checked the dashboard, and it had!

I cancelled 2 nights at BC and 1 night at CCV and both are in the RAT now.

Wow! Great for you! Congratulations!!!

Yes it can get quite obsessive. Wait until you start having dreams about refreshing. I did lol
My obsessive behavior paid off this morning ... I again rebooked our BWV but this time upgraded us to the Boardwalk view! (Especially cool as the room assigner had modified my prior Pool/Garden view to a dreaded HA unit. Ugh!) Still hoping for that 2nd night to come through.

No dreams ... but I've "been there, done that" sometime in the early 80's. As a CS major at a small school, we were timesharing the school's mini. My dreams used to scroll in fits and starts ... similar to scrolling through the application output arriving in spurts.

My obsessive behavior paid off this morning ... I again rebooked our BWV but this time upgraded us to the Boardwalk view! (Especially cool as the room assigner had modified my prior Pool/Garden view to a dreaded HA unit. Ugh!) Still hoping for that 2nd night to come through.

No dreams ... but I've "been there, done that" sometime in the early 80's. As a CS major at a small school, we were timesharing the school's mini. My dreams used to scroll in fits and starts ... similar to scrolling through the application output arriving in spurts.
BETTER YET! I just rebooked AGAIN ... getting both nights at BWV in the same unit type! YEAH!

So, having started this journey just 3 weeks out ... I first got two studio nights across different resorts (BWV Pool/Garden + OKW) and now have both nights at BWV in a Std View studio. Ok, 2 points went into holding ... but that might be a fair price for not having to change rooms in our short stay. Hip-hip-hooray for stalking!

Nice!!! Gives me a little hope for some last minute adjustments to my Dec trip :-) I'm hoping to switch a night I added on to BWV (when we decided to fly in early) so we don't have to move twice (we were already doing a split stay)... but our existing reservation is in a Boardwalk view studio, so I know that plus the fact it's early Dec will be tough. Also am hoping for a long shot move to BCV because our cousins are staying there, but that is also a super long shot!

BETTER YET! I just rebooked AGAIN ... getting both nights at BWV in the same unit type! YEAH!

So, having started this journey just 3 weeks out ... I first got two studio nights across different resorts (BWV Pool/Garden + OKW) and now have both nights at BWV in a Std View studio. Ok, 2 points went into holding ... but that might be a fair price for not having to change rooms in our short stay. Hip-hip-hooray for stalking!

YAHOO! Go you!

I have what we want/need, but I'm stalking a cancellation, a needle in a haystack for January 5-12 for a monorail resort.
I'll just have to be at the right time in refreshing but maybe I will see something, although I don't find it too likely.
I'm already very obsessed but once it gets closer to 30 days, I will be on every waking moment LOL

I think the 10/18/18 update is glitchy. I've spotted a couple ghosts ... that is, inventory that appears, is unavailable for booking but still appears on subsequent searches. Oh, well.
Noticed that as well super frustrating!

You're querying a read-only copy of the database that synchronizes on a schedule (every X minutes or so) when you do those searches. It only accesses the "live" read/write version when you try to actually pull a room out of inventory. That's pretty normal for the vast majority of systems like this, really, only normally people just don't search aggressively enough to notice. :)

You're querying a read-only copy of the database that synchronizes on a schedule (every X minutes or so) when you do those searches. It only accesses the "live" read/write version when you try to actually pull a room out of inventory. That's pretty normal for the vast majority of systems like this, really, only normally people just don't search aggressively enough to notice. :)

So you are saying it is rather they just had it X minutes ago and I just missed out!

I feel, from experiences past, then and following ... that there were problems following the 10/18/18 RAT update. There were new features introduced and, tagging along, a few problems. Those ghosts hung out for more than a few refresh cycles; I spotted the same ghost, on demand, over multiple days.

As stated later in the thread, things started opening up and inventory behaviors began moving again. I'm pretty convinced I was hitting a problem following that update.

I feel, from experiences past, then and following ... that there were problems following the 10/18/18 RAT update. There were new features introduced and, tagging along, a few problems. Those ghosts hung out for more than a few refresh cycles; I spotted the same ghost, on demand, over multiple days.

As stated later in the thread, things started opening up and inventory behaviors began moving again. I'm pretty convinced I was hitting a problem following that update.
An asynchronous database mirror or replica can get disconnected or not receive updates in a timely manner for any number of reasons. And when the issue is fixed, it has to catch up so updates can be delayed until that point. There's just no way to know for sure from the outside. If it updated after 15-30 minutes or so, it's probably just backlogged. Most replicas are fairly quick nowadays. Sure it's annoying, but it is what it is. I've had it happen to me with Southwest a couple of times as well; it's just how things work.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it happened to me when I was booking a hilton room last year as well. I clicked the room rate and the next screen said "the rate you selected is no longer available". So, it's just one of those things we have to roll with.

I agree. Scubacat, I saw “ghosts” for a few hours. Same inventory, couldnt book, but kept trying at work, left work came home and tried, went to gym, came home and tried. Sat on couch, kept refreshing and finally was able to book.

An asynchronous database mirror or replica can get disconnected or not receive updates in a timely manner for any number of reasons. And when the issue is fixed, it has to catch up so updates can be delayed until that point. There's just no way to know for sure from the outside. If it updated after 15-30 minutes or so, it's probably just backlogged. Most replicas are fairly quick nowadays. Sure it's annoying, but it is what it is. I've had it happen to me with Southwest a couple of times as well; it's just how things work.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it happened to me when I was booking a hilton room last year as well. I clicked the room rate and the next screen said "the rate you selected is no longer available". So, it's just one of those things we have to roll with.

As someone that is constantly refreshing ALL day at work, would you recommend a certain time-frame where the database is all caught up? Is there an average? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter