RAT update of 10/18: Anyone think Canceled Inventory isn't being Released?

bwvBound

DVC SSR & other timeshare
Prior to the 10/18/18 RAT update, I could see inventory moving about during my stalking escapades. But ever since, inventory seems to only disappear ... no cancellations are being returned as 'available.'

Perhaps this means that all canceled inventory is corralled to fill waitlists? Perhaps the new [Modify] tool, updated with easier/faster refresh options, has turned stalkers into more efficient predators. Or, perhaps, it is simply a glitch.

FWIW, the dates I'm watching are very near term, now under 7-days .. so my WL has dropped off ... but I've been stalking for weeks watching fairly comforting patterns until the 10/18 update.

Prior to the 10/18/18 RAT update, I could see inventory moving about during my stalking escapades. But ever since, inventory seems to only disappear ... no cancellations are being returned as 'available.'

Perhaps this means that all canceled inventory is corralled to fill waitlists? Perhaps the new [Modify] tool, updated with easier/faster refresh options, has turned stalkers into more efficient predators. Or, perhaps, it is simply a glitch.

FWIW, the dates I'm watching are very near term, now under 7-days .. so my WL has dropped off ... but I've been stalking for weeks watching fairly comforting patterns until the 10/18 update.
I think there might be no movement for your dates. I’m still seeing some rooms pop up for Princess wkend. Just 5 mins ago a 1 bd at CCV showed for Feb 22nd. First time I’ve seen any CCV in the last 2.5-3 wks.

Im still seeing a little movement for my dates January 4-12, although not nearly as much as I did one and two weeks ago. I am guessing I may see more right before the 30 day mark, but not sure. I can most certainly say there was much more activity one and two weeks ago but not sure the reasons, but I guess anything is possible.

I got my 8 nights by stalking and changed categories three times by stalking and had WLs for the days and week I picked up but I dont see any significant cancelations these last two weeks and Im on ALL DAY.

I wasn't really stalking, one night BWV in a garden view (before a cruise), WL standard to save a few more points - President's Weekend, so I didn't expect it. Just realized it filled this week.

I’ve noticed less (but some) popping up on the RAT over the last couple days, but had attributed it to the normal ebb and flow (maybe less people amend their reservations on the weekends when they’re busy with other things... though ultimately it’s pretty random).

I saw way more Princess weekend studio activity a week ago, barely any the last few days. Still waiting on a single night WL I need :-)

I grabbed two days in a std VGF studio for the second week in December last Wednesday. I can’t believe that someone didn’t have those days waitlisted, but who knows. I released two days at CCV and those seemed to be grabbed by a WL because they didn’t appear on the RAT. This was pre-update.

Last edited:
I think there might be no movement for your dates. I’m still seeing some rooms pop up for Princess wkend. Just 5 mins ago a 1 bd at CCV showed for Feb 22nd. First time I’ve seen any CCV in the last 2.5-3 wks.

Oh I didn’t want to know that lol. I’m trying to be ecstatic with what I booked for princess and not move it around!

I grabbed two days in a std VGF studio for the second week in December last Wednesday. I can’t believe that someone didn’t have those days waitlisted, but who knows.

In 2016 I got vgf studio for 12/24-26 maybe a month out. It was awesome.

I forgot the website was down on Thursday or Friday. I wonder if they “upgraded” the WL feature. Good and bad I guess lol All my stalking for my categories and week came on a weekday not on the weekends.

I switched my early May ressie from AKL Jambo to Poly and the room automatically became available on the tool. Then I switched it again yesterday from Poly to CCV because a random studio just opened up, a week and a half AFTER the 7mo mark.

I think the 10/18/18 update is glitchy. I've spotted a couple ghosts ... that is, inventory that appears, is unavailable for booking but still appears on subsequent searches. Oh, well.

I think the 10/18/18 update is glitchy. I've spotted a couple ghosts ... that is, inventory that appears, is unavailable for booking but still appears on subsequent searches. Oh, well.

This halpened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was trying (and subsequently booked) to get a one bedroom, preferred or standard view since I already had a studio. It was about 4:15 pm and I saw the one bedroom both standard and preferred but every time I went to get it they said not available. I finally left work, drove home, which takes about 15 minuts came home and still saw and couldnt get it. Went to gym, came home, saw it and couldnt get it. Took a shower, tried and couldnt get it. I was on my couch watching tv and was constantly refreshing on my ipad and finally able to book the preferred. It took me about 3.5-4 hours of trying but it finally went through. Like I said, it was about two weeks ago, so before the update. Keep trying if you see something, hopefully it will come through for you too.

Good luck.

I just cancelled a studio for 10/30 and just checked the RAT. It showed up, so cancellations must still be going to the RAT before waitlists.

I just cancelled a studio for 10/30 and just checked the RAT. It showed up, so cancellations must still be going to the RAT before waitlists.

As someone that has a WL as well as someone that is consistently stalking this makes me feel happy and betrayed at the same time lol

Thank you for coming here, though, and letting us know and sorry you had to cancel.

I cancelled a club level reservation yesterday and it never made it back to open inventory.

Thanks, all, for the input! The Modify tool was down for a period this morning ... and in playing with it since it returned ... I'm seeing inventory returning for the coming "short term" period, especially w/in the 7 day window, that I wasn't seeing over the weekend.

As someone that has a WL as well as someone that is consistently stalking this makes me feel happy and betrayed at the same time lol

Thank you for coming here, though, and letting us know and sorry you had to cancel.

We did not cancel our trip, just that studio. I found a BLT studio open up, so we moved our reservation to be closer to the magic kingdom!

Good luck to all!
No movement for January 5-12 at all. Same inventory since almost two weeks, which is strange.

Last edited:

Noticed that as well super frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter