Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:grouphug:Taz, please take care dear friend💕I'm so sorry Voltaren made things worse for you :( For me, it sure doesn't help. It just as I said causes initial extra unpleasant sensation which is the last thing I need! I want to do the stretches and of course be healed. It would be most appreciated to have some relief of help to get there! I will call the podiatrist in the morning.

Wow! GREAT job, PollyannaMom:grouphug::cheer2:

Amazon FYI: Not happy to have just found out that Amazon has raised the minimum for free shipping to $35. Dad does still have Prime on his account. I was wanting to spread out some surprise cost for him by ordering on my account (no Prime). Blessing to have options, of course. Not complaining. This is another thanks from us also to Walmart+. We were able to get a special deal on a year from them. Reminds me should any of you be thinking about joining Walmart+ please PM me first! They are still offering a $20 credit to both someone with a current Walmart+ account and someone that person refers (and who joins)! You all know I absolutely would not ever post this otherwise! It always would mean a lot to me to help any of you save money! Thanks, friends :)

Good foggy morning. The rain has come and gone and we'll have 3 nice fall like days, temps low 70's. The rain looks like it pretty much put an end to the garden. I'll wait till it dries out and see if there are any tomato's worth salvaging. Then it will be time to tear it apart for the season.
Nothing new going on. Don spent the day watching football, I did some light cleaning and then some writing.

Off to put some laundry in.

Have a great Monday!

1695041010873.png

:wave:Good Morning Friends with love,

I will be calling Dr. Y's office when they open. My poor feet really are not happy :( This needs to be taken care of! Thanks everyone always for your extra love and prayers. And YOU!

Have a great day. I will check back in later.

Good Monday Morning.:sunny:

Worked all weekend so nothing exciting to talk about.

Mitchell quit his job last Friday 😣. He hasn't been getting 40 hours for the past few weeks. Hoping he can get on with the post office or UPS.🤞

Carly has been getting on my last nerve lately. I'm so tired of her running to the kitchen to eat as much cat food as she can before I get there. Then Friday night she chewed up my lunch bag 🤬. There wasn't anything in it but I guess she smelled something.

Mia has another ear infection, this is her 3rd one 😕. The urgent care MD told Bailey to call her pediatrician to schedule tubes. I saw that one coming. Evan had 2 sets of ear tubes by the time he was 5. I had a Baby Shark sing along book sent to her. Evan was thrilled.😏

Hope those who left for trips this past weekend has fun and gets some much needed relaxation.😎

Have a great day! :wave:

I will be calling Dr. Y's office when they open. My poor feet really are not happy :( This needs to be taken care of! Thanks everyone always for your extra love and prayers. And YOU!
Are you taking the oral NSAID RTC and elevating/icing? I think a visit to your PCP is in order.

Hoping Snowysmom and dazed are enjoying their time away.

Nice puzzle, PollyannaMom!

Hoping Mia’s ears are ok.

We went to a flea market yesterday, then breakfast, then had a nice afternoon nap. DS had company over for the football game and we made chicken Marsala for dinner. (Still have some Aldi’s jars left and added additional mushrooms.) So good. Went to bed early.

DD has a very big presentation late this afternoon to her professors, reviewing her capstone project for them in its entirety, for which she had to create a power point this weekend, and then the HUGE project of her very last class is officially done! 🎉 Taking her out to her favorite place after that tonight to celebrate.

Planning to work in my bedroom today to purge old clothes.

I hope everyone has a nice Monday. 🐥

:grouphug:Footballmouse with extra prayers all around my friend! Brighter days ahead for all indeed, I pray!

Thanks, Pea:hug:No, I haven't tried an oral anti-inflammatory yet. Just called Dr. Y's office and that was her recommendation that I try. I just am not a medication even low dose fan! Extra grateful to God to not need any daily medication. I know the one time I did really need an oral NSAID, it was hard on my system. I will definitely try a couple days of a low dose and God willing it will help with the swelling which will then give me relief overall. It will make doing the stretches easier that's for sure. I can also see if ice/washcloth helps, too. I was hoping for something more natural like a foot cream type thing like dad uses (Burt's Bees). I know those aren't generally intended for pain relief. DD presentation🙏She'll do great! :)

Dad is at his medical appointment at the moment. Keeping him in extra prayer. This afternoon we are counting on Boost to deliver us more Aquafina!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone :)

:grouphug:Footballmouse with extra prayers all around my friend! Brighter days ahead for all indeed, I pray!

Thanks, Pea:hug:No, I haven't tried an oral anti-inflammatory yet. Just called Dr. Y's office and that was her recommendation that I try. I just am not a medication even low dose fan! Extra grateful to God to not need any daily medication. I know the one time I did really need an oral NSAID, it was hard on my system. I will definitely try a couple days of a low dose and God willing it will help with the swelling which will then give me relief overall. It will make doing the stretches easier that's for sure. I can also see if ice/washcloth helps, too. I was hoping for something more natural like a foot cream type thing like dad uses (Burt's Bees). I know those aren't generally intended for pain relief. DD presentation🙏She'll do great! :)

Dad is at his medical appointment at the moment. Keeping him in extra prayer. This afternoon we are counting on Boost to deliver us more Aquafina!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone :)
I understand you’re not a medication person. :hug: Lots of people aren’t. But as I tell my patients, there’s a time and place for them, and this is one of those times! Low dose of ibuprofen won’t give you the anti-inflammatory effect. You have to take 600-800mg every six to eight hours, with food, round the clock, in order to see some improvement. That’s why the cream would’ve been good for you, had it worked - it goes right to where you want it to go without possible side effects elsewhere (usually). Help the medication along by elevating your foot while resting, and putting some ice on it, as well. Just use a ziploc bag with some ice cubes and keep it on as long as you can tolerate it, taking it off and putting it back on if it gets to be too much. Unfortunately, swelling in structures isn’t very easy to get rid of. It’s a big problem on a foot, too, because a) you have to keep using it in order to walk, and b) it’s hampered by gravity - fluid settles there naturally. So you have structures that are inflamed in the foot itself, and then fluid can also settle in around the tissue, so double whammy. I hope this has helped. My thought with a PCP is that they might offer you a steroid and XRay the foot, as well as a general check up to see that there isn’t more going on than just “overuse“. I realize that isn’t easy for you to do, but if you continue to have pain that hampers your ability to walk, then it’s important.

Slipping thread save good afternoon, all! Dad will shortly be going to Target (CVS didn't have what we wanted) and the library. I did email Voltaren to let them know my experience with their product. As I said, of course, I know not all of us tolerate/react the same to all medications. I am grateful to those this gel has helped, all of you know that :) Dad, by the grace of God, got great medical news. we are most thankful. Boost is scheduled to come between 2-4. :grouphug:to all :)

Dad did get what we wanted at Target. He also found out that they would refund us for the Voltaren! We have the receipt from last week plus used our Red Card. We'll definitely go there sometime soon! Meantime, I heard from another close family member of their horrible Voltaren experience. Very glad to be done with that personally! I will try a first lose dose of it after dinner. Boost is on the way🙏

Good morning. Chilly 49 out there going to mid 70's. I got some yard work done yesterday while it was nice. I touched up a few spots on the shutters that Darryl missed when he was painting. He didn't get in all the little crevices since he was using a big brush. I used a smaller one and got them all filled in. Then I picked what is probably the last of the tomato's and cut down all the echinacea plants out front. Fall is definitely moving in quickly. Grass will need mowing again within the next couple of days. Hopefully not too many more times.

Summer had her Dr's appt yesterday and her Dr sounds pretty sure that she has uterine cancer. They are going to do 2 procedures on Oct 31 (unless they get a cancellation sooner), and then when they find out if she does, and what kind, they will do a hysterectomy. They may need to do radiation first, depending on the type. That postpones her foot surgery and she's not happy about that. But they have to deal with the more serious issues first.

Going to gather the trash for pick up tomorrow, and make my grocery list, clean out the fridge and do the countertops and then see what else I feel like doing.

Have a great day

1695126931583.png

I understand you’re not a medication person. :hug: Lots of people aren’t. But as I tell my patients, there’s a time and place for them, and this is one of those times! Low dose of ibuprofen won’t give you the anti-inflammatory effect. You have to take 600-800mg every six to eight hours, with food, round the clock, in order to see some improvement. That’s why the cream would’ve been good for you, had it worked - it goes right to where you want it to go without possible side effects elsewhere (usually). Help the medication along by elevating your foot while resting, and putting some ice on it, as well. Just use a ziploc bag with some ice cubes and keep it on as long as you can tolerate it, taking it off and putting it back on if it gets to be too much. Unfortunately, swelling in structures isn’t very easy to get rid of. It’s a big problem on a foot, too, because a) you have to keep using it in order to walk, and b) it’s hampered by gravity - fluid settles there naturally. So you have structures that are inflamed in the foot itself, and then fluid can also settle in around the tissue, so double whammy. I hope this has helped. My thought with a PCP is that they might offer you a steroid and XRay the foot, as well as a general check up to see that there isn’t more going on than just “overuse“. I realize that isn’t easy for you to do, but if you continue to have pain that hampers your ability to walk, then it’s important.

I was thinking about the horrible shot that they give to try to ease the pain. I can't think of what it was called right away as that's how my memory is these days. I've had it in the past. Do they give that one in the foot, I wonder?

It gave me almost instant relief once I got over the trauma of receiving it, but it didn't last that long. I guess I'm lucky that Voltaren worked so well for me.

I was thinking about the horrible shot that they give to try to ease the pain. I can't think of what it was called right away as that's how my memory is these days. I've had it in the past. Do they give that one in the foot, I wonder?

It gave me almost instant relief once I got over the trauma of receiving it, but it didn't last that long. I guess I'm lucky that Voltaren worked so well for me.
A cortisone shot? You don’t hear about them as much in the feet as you do ones for your back or hip or rotator cuff, for instance, but they are an option. I think they like to try to treat pain conservatively first, and of course, much depends on what is causing the pain in the first place, as well. There could be varied causes. But sure, it’s also an option!

My husband has had lots of them to his back, under fluoroscopy. And he’d agree with you - very, very painful! I had my first cortisone shot this year, to my rotator cuff after a fall on the ice. It was a little painful but mostly tolerable. I think I need another, though. And this time I want an MRI to see exactly what’s going on inside there.

Good morning all... I've had such a busy last few days. The days leading up to the wedding were very hectic but it all ended up beautiful...worth all the hard work. :blush: My husband did a great job officiating and we had such a fun time at the reception and then on Sunday at a pool party with the extended family at our friends house.

I took DH to the airport last night to fly back east again for work. I decided to stay home for a little while might join him in a week or so and just wait until his next rotation home and head back with him then, haven't decided yet. Today I need to finish cleaning up the front room of all the flower mess, 😆 straighten up the rest of the house and go to the grocery store...I feel like our fridge is the most empty it's ever been. :laughing:

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Summer had her Dr's appt yesterday and her Dr sounds pretty sure that she has uterine cancer.
I'm so sorry to read this....poor thing so has so much to deal with. I had a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer almost 15 years ago. Thankfully it was all contained to the uterus so I didn't need and other treatment after surgery. I hope the same is true for Summer.

Mona, hope your feet start to feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter