Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Just a quick hello'

Most of the grandkids started back to school today. Ella started her 1st day of high school and we managed to find a carpool. I have pick up on Tuesday so of course it was my day. Her school had a 3-hour early dismissal due to a lack of air conditioning. It's a beautiful turn of the 20th century building. Mikey is a Sr. this year. I can't believe the time has flown by, it seems like yesterday they were both starting kindergarten.

On the good news front - Dad is doing a little better. He has stopped eating but mom finally got in to see him and realized his mouth, mainly his tongue was full of sores. He did have covid so it could be from that or the surgery. Evidently he has a latex allergy. But the good news is they got him to eat a spoonful of mashed potatoes and drink some water. His kidney numbers have come way down and he is more lucid. I think my mom being able to go in again had a lot to do with that. They are doing some PT with him too. I was thrilled to hear the good news and had my mom tell him I will bring in a chocolate water ice for him tomorrow. The cold should help with the sores but he loves his water ice so that's a good thing.

Keep up the prayers because they are definitely working. Have a great day everyone

@tazdev3225 Good news for your Dad! Nice that your mother could see him.

@Pea-n-Me Happy birthday to you and your DH. Congrats to your DD for her hard work and dedication. She deserves a nice celebration.

I had to clean up some stupid mistakes I made at work. This is so not like me. I think I clicked a wrong button and it changed some numbers in a couple spreadsheets and I lost some work. With all the changes being made at work it has been difficult and challenging. MY anxiety has been high partially because of this. Add in the changes in my personal life and I am surprised I can even have a coherent thought lately.

Have a good rest of the day.

I "liked," your post dear Snowysmom because indeed you need to slow down, dear friend, one step at a time!

To all of you who are extra blessed with having more than bathroom, give God extra thanks for it! Dad and I, of course (zero complaints EVER, you know that) are beyond blessed to have one clean bathroom. I mention this because our one 🚽 started leaking this afternoon:scared1:Sonia, our contact at the property management office said a plumber will be here early tomorrow morning. Meantime we can still use it, which is an added blessing, of course, too. Dad and I didn't think of this until a good half hour in, reminder, that you do have a water shut off valve for your toilet! Become familiar where that is before you need to do so :P

Wishing all of you, always, a peaceful rest of the evening with sweet dreams.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your toilet gets fixed this morning. It is always good to know where the shut off valves are.

Good Morning. Another hot day ahead. We have a heat advisory from this morning through tomorrow at 8 pm. Walks will have to be shorter today. I do have salt therapy this afternoon. Then the grandkids are here for the night. Kenny has a court date today so we will see where that goes. Soon to ex is not in a mood to compromise so I am guessing this will eventually go before a judge since mediation is not working.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning!🌥️

Not feeling up to par this today, I think I have a cold (runny nose, sneezing, head congestion, tired). Maybe I'll work from home tomorrow.🤧

Got home yesterday and called my cable/internet provider, everything has been out since Sunday but yesterday was the first chance I had to call. Couldn't fix it over the phone so someone is coming out today. They scheduled it between 3-6 but I told them that I don't get home until 4:30 so I have to be the last appointment for the day. Let's see if they do that or come when they feel like it.

Went through my closet and pulled out some shirts to give to Goodwill. I should do that with holiday decorations that I don't put out anymore.

Missed a really good Reds game last night because of not having cable. The Reds came back and won it in the bottom of the 9th again. We have the best record of comeback wins and they're always exciting.

Well, my head is about to collapse on my desk so I probably should move around a bit. Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning. Another hot 97 degree day ahead. This heat is miserable. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work outdoors in it. Trash day is a day late because of the holiday, so it won't get picked up until 5 am tomorrow. But I wasn't about to be taking it down later today in near 100 degree temps. I fed the cats and made sure the outdoor ones have extra bowls of water set in the shade. Yesterday they were all under the car in the shade, but it still had to have been hotter than hades for them.

@footballmouse I hope your cable/isp get your issue fixed today. We've been having issues with ours too. When I called they told me a lot of it has to do with the weather, makes no sense to me but what do I know.

@Snowysmom I hope that Kenny's court date goes better than expected, but it really sounds like his ex is going to drag this out even longer. :(

Leaving in a few to get grocery shopping and errands done while it's still cool enough outside.

Have a nice day, stay cool!

1694007120668.png

Good Morning dear Quacker Family :grouphug:

Cool early morning here. Lynn and others in warm areas please take care, stay hydrated, and keep cool. Dad's periodontist is seeing me at 1 today. Thank you all for your extra support, love, and prayers. I'm looking forward to getting Dr. A's opinion and being able to thank him for so many years of care to dad and of course to me today too :)

Thanks everyone also on our toilet trouble. Plumber is supposed to be here by 8:30. Sandro, our Sparkletts delivery man is set to come this morning, too. Boost never came yesterday :( We will try that again. I did receive more 💌for dad's surprise which truly makes me so thankful. I will be posting a reminder about this on 11-1, thank you all again so much.

:grouphug:Footballmouse along with prayers that you indeed feel better, my friend. 📺prayers of course, too!

Dear Snowysmom💕along with so many prayers for Kenny and his precious kiddos and always for YOU!

Lynn:hug:please take care!

Have a good Wednesday everyone! I shall come back later :)

Good morning! Had a late night last night, didn’t get home until after midnight. DS pitched a good game, he started the game, and threw over 110 pitches. They were winning 7-3 when he came out after five innings. Unfortunately things went south after that and they wound up losing in extra innings. It was pretty heartbreaking but that’s how it goes. It was a beautiful night to watch a game, though. They have one more game against this same team tonight for the title, but obviously DS can’t pitch and has to work anyway, so we won’t be there. I don’t think that either team has much pitching left (the other team went through seven pitchers last night, and us, three). This always happens toward the end of the season, teams get low on pitching cause everyone’s pitched a lot and they can only pitch every three days.

I have errands to run today and have to drop Toto off at the groomer’s. She just texted me to see if I can come in earlier so I have to hop in the shower and get ready.

Mona, good wishes for a solid toilet fix today. (See what I did there? Lol)

Snowysmom, extra hugs today. You have a lot going on. :grouphug: Go easy on yourself.

Taz, I’m glad things are going better healthwise for your family.

Footballmouse, I hope you feel better and aren’t coming down with anything.

I’ve had some weird things going on with my eye all of a sudden. It dawned on me yesterday when I was wracking my brain why this would be happening that my doctor started me on a new medication this summer and I think that might be it. So I’m going to stop it and see if it changes anything. (Spent time researching it yest and I’ve had issues with this med in the past, but in another area, not my eye.) We really don’t appreciate when things are normal until something happens, do we?

Enjoy this Wednesday, all. 🐥

Quick thread save to wish all of you a good afternoon! Dad and I will be leaving shortly for my appointment with Dr. A. On our way home we will stop the library📚and post office 💌 CVS, briefly, too. Tomorrow, God willing we need to go to a Marshalls because our white rug time is running out! Ideally we will go one place first to see whether they have anything else. We also need new bathroom rugs. Dad said the choices earlier today at Target were not only ugly but very expensive! Even something that was once everywhere as bathroom rugs (by the bath towels) are no longer so easy to find! Extra reminder to myself to truly try and never take anything for granted! In all, truly, friends there is joy because He is Joy! Love to all. I will share about Dr. A later.

Sorry to hear about some of you experiencing a heatwave. Yuck. We're actually starting to feel fall-ish, hoping it lasts but I'm sure we'll get some more warm weather before it really cold down.
DH got his ticket to come home...yay. It's been a month since he's been home and even then it was only for 3 days so I can't wait for him to be home. I'll be going back to Rhode Island with him for a couple weeks when he heads back. Looking forward to maybe seeing some fall colors 🍃🍂🍁 the desert is only varying shades of brown...:laughing:

The dogs are being lazy today...😄
IMG_20230826_100035_623.jpg
I think I might take a nap, I feel almost 100% back to normal, just still a bit tired.

Beautiful dogs, dear AuntieMe3! Please continue to take care and feel better!:hug:

Big :grouphug:dear PollyannaMom along with of course extra prayers all-around!

Dad's periodontist, Dr. A couldn't have been any nicer. He was wonderful. You both would truly like him. He took the care and time to do another Xray, CT scan in 3D. It was very easy--panoramic. He showed it to me--amazing what technology can do these days! He also did a very through exam. Grace of God is that my tooth absolutely can be saved. He said the best option would be a crown. Dr. E, my dentist, has already told me that appointment can be broken down at least into two visits, I'm hoping somehow for three to make them even shorter. Once that is all done, I will be able to smile normally again. I will absolutely never take for granted being able to do so again! Dr. Anson is going to send Dr. E my X-rays and we will go from there. One step at a time, always with Christ. What a relief indeed!

Thank you, of course, you know this, with all my heart for all your extra love, prayers, and support!

Sweet Dreams to all with love.

Happy Friday Eve!:sunny:

The cable and internet are back working in my house! Oh how I missed my TV.:happytv:

Ate like crap yesterday and I'm so mad at myself. Today is a new day and I'm going to do better!🤞

Going to our little fair's parade tonight to kick off the fair weekend. I've been going to this parade since I was a little kid, my kids have grown up going to the parade and now I can start taking Mia. We weren't able to put our chairs by my sister's and their family's chairs so we're just across the street from them. People put their chairs at the street curb to hold their place about 2 days before the parade.:rainbow:

Boomer broke one of his nails yesterday playing outside. I need to call the vet when they open in a couple of minutes. He's limping around so I know it hurts, I'm not sure if it just falls off or if they need to take the broken half off.:dog:

Have a great day! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter