Purchasing a Fixed Week at Copper Creek

If a GW makes a sale, they will do a GW.

:earsboy: Bill
Given the GW sales data compiled by wdrl it seems like there is more at play than just a sale (which I'm sure the sales guide would be happy to make if they could).

My guess is that it comes down to a booking issue. If someone wants to buy a GW deed for a studio for, say, Week #49, then the buyer should be able to use that accommodation this year. However, if all seven nights comprising Week #49 are no longer available, Disney cannot fulfill its contractual obligation as specified in the GW deed. If that is the case, I suspect that Disney won't or can't sell that week to a potential GW buyer.
I just saw this comment when looking back at your GW sales data. When I was talking to MS in early-February (?), it sounded like people who bought the runDisney Star Wars weekend (April) were not guaranteed that weekend this year because the rooms might have already been booked. I didn't press too much into it since it didn't have an impact on me.

I just saw this comment when looking back at your GW sales data. When I was talking to MS in early-February (?), it sounded like people who bought the runDisney Star Wars weekend (April) were not guaranteed that weekend this year because the rooms might have already been booked. I didn't press too much into it since it didn't have an impact on me.
Thanks for the feedback.

Just got a call I can now have week 49 if I want it. Both are tub/shower combo. I think a declaration was just made releasing some weeks. Now which week?Leaninng towards 49.

I am so jealous! We would have loved the tub/shower option when we bought. If ya'll end up with week 50, we will have to have drinks at Geyser Point one year :)

Just got a call I can now have week 49 if I want it. Both are tub/shower combo. I think a declaration was just made releasing some weeks. Now which week?Leaninng towards 49.
49 definitely... you get full on Christmas holiday decor while still having time later in the month to prepare the home for all the festivities. Week 50 is cutting things a bit close if you do up the house, unless all your shopping and prep is done long before...

49 definitely... you get full on Christmas holiday decor while still having time later in the month to prepare the home for all the festivities. Week 50 is cutting things a bit close if you do up the house, unless all your shopping and prep is done long before...
Toatally agree, and for these same exact reasons we chose week 49. :)

Toatally agree, and for these same exact reasons we chose week 49. :)
I wanted to like this more than once!

When CCV sells out, that will turn out to be an amazing purchase.

We did Poly fixed week 44, aka “Jersey Week”. Christmas theming, F&W, MVMCP some years, MNSSHP others.

Haven’t used the fixed option yet and don’t plan to do so anytime soon. But. We were buying a 50 year option. Look how much DVC changed during its first 25 years. We felt like Week 44 was a pretty decent hedge.

Last edited:
I wanted to like this more than once!

When CCV sells out, that will turn out to be an amazing purchase.

We did Poly fixed week 44, aka “Jersey Week”. Christmas theming, F&W, MVMCP some years, MNSSHP others.

Haven’t used the fixed option yet and don’t plan to do so anytime soon. But. We were buying a 50 year option. Look how much DVC changed during its first 25 years. We felt like Week 44 was a pretty decent hedge.
Absolutely! For the record 44 was not available until yesterday My guide said he went to management asking when more inventory FW would be released and it happened. Many thanks to WRDL for posting that very informative info on the declaration of FW. That was instrumental in getting more inventory released.

My guide never once talked about the runDisney GW. I don't think he even knows they exist. I was not interested in those weeks so I forgot to ask about them.

I have never heard of buying a fixed week! What wood pile was I sleeping under?

I have never heard of buying a fixed week! What wood pile was I sleeping under?

They started being an option with Aulani. VGF, PVB and now CCV have all offered them but they really haven't been promoted by DVC.

Wow. We just purchased 150 three days ago. Don’t remember that this was an option offered. Happily, I’m not particularly interested in that option but suppose some folks would be.

Thanks!

Wow. We just purchased 150 three days ago. Don’t remember that this was an option offered. Happily, I’m not particularly interested in that option but suppose some folks would be.

Thanks!

They don't really offer it, it's another "best kept secret". :thumbsup2

Thanks!
If you purchased three days ago, you might be able to rescind and still get a fixed week. It would cost more, though.

For a studio GW makes sense, for One bedrooms, not so much. We have a GW at VGF for a one bedroom and we only used the option once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter