Purchasing a Fixed Week at Copper Creek

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
So I have a few questions about purchasing a Fixed Week. I have a Sept. UY. My guide said I can have any available fixed week but if converting the points they will go into my Sept. UY. My question is will I get both 2017 and 2018 points? Can my guide book me a reservation once I agree to purchase?

My question is will I get both 2017 and 2018 points?

You should. Even though there are special elements to the program, current UY points should be yours by right.

Can my guide book me a reservation once I agree to purchase?

Maybe? As an existing member, they don't do first welcome home for you, but some guides may pull a string or two. Some.

Would you know how long I would have to “ convert to points”?
You can convert by cancelling the reservation.

In theory, this can be any time - but if you cancel within a month of the stay, points would go into holding status.

But in practice, you will tend to cancel at (or right before) your 11 month booking window, if you are staying at your home resort, and at the 7 month booking window if you want to stay anywhere else. This is so the points will be there for you when you need them. Another key date would be five months out from the end of your use year, when you could consider banking the points.

There are advantages of canceling - it takes fewer points, you have more flexibility on dates, you can start your trip on other than a Sunday, and you can do a trip that is less then 7 nights. There are some times of the year where you would definitely want to keep the fixed week if you could go then. An example would be if you are trying to book a studio in the month of December. You will learn what those times are. (Another example is if you are buying a race week).

The FW process seems to be somewhat manual. I have never had my FW show up online as booked. If I ever wanted to use that week in July, I would call Member Services at the 12 month mark and ask them to make the reservation. But if I call, they will book it. I am a data point of one, so it could be that they don’t have good records of FWs for resales and that most other people don’t have to call in. Also, when you cancel, check to make sure that they give you the correct amount of points. I had to call and fuss at them about it. I am not sure they understood. I ended up getting three extra points.

It doesn't matter what we think may happen, it only matters what you guide knows and does. I would contact your guide and get the answers from him/her.

:earsboy: Bill

MS will absolutely pre-book your fixed week for you (and it will be well ahead of the 11 month window). So if you know you want to use those points for something else, call them prior to that date to have your full points (including the 10% premium) available to use. If you want to opt-in and use your week, do nothing and wait for the welcome home email :)

Yes spoke to my guide today. Only studio weeks available were 39 and 40 for the months of October through December. So I bought week 40! Yes got all my questions answered.

Yes spoke to my guide today. Only studio weeks available were 39 and 40 for the months of October through December. So I bought week 40! Yes got all my questions answered.

I well believe it. This is why I am telling people buying small Copper Creek contracts with visions of a studio for Christmas decor to really temper expectations. All those cabin points, 84 studios, and the sale of fixed weeks = feeding frenzy, walking, and people missing out, probably more seriously than happened with VGF.

Did you want week 40? If not consider letting your guide know that 40 doesn't work for you and that you will be rescinding your contract. Let them know that some Disney magic would be wonderful if you could get the week that you want. I bet that special permission will be granted and that your guide has never seen this happen before. :flower:

Agree with Bill.

I don’t think they’re sold out for good, but for what’s been released so far.

I would hold out for week 49 or what you want.

I think it’ll come available as more of the resort is released to sales.

It’s those 49/50/52 weeks that’re going to really pop in value.

Did you want week 40? If not consider letting your guide know that 40 doesn't work for you and that you will be rescinding your contract. Let them know that some Disney magic would be wonderful if you could get the week that you want. I bet that special permission will be granted and that your guide has never seen this happen before. :flower:

I asked two different guides about the first week of November or December. Both checked with member admin and those weeks were not available to purchase. I am actually happy with week 40 as this is when we usually go so we will use this week often. Now what both guides would not do is something called “ Welcome Home” reservation. That is only available to new members and they would not budge on that.

I asked two different guides about the first week of November or December. Both checked with member admin and those weeks were not available to purchase. I am actually happy with week 40 as this is when we usually go so we will use this week often. Now what both guides would not do is something called “ Welcome Home” reservation. That is only available to new members and they would not budge on that.
I bought resale and direct within same month. Direct first and was told since I bought resale as well I wasn't a new member and couldn't have the welcome home reservation :(

I thought a "fixed week" is a lot more points/night than not getting a "fixed week".. WHY would anyone want to do this? I would think owning
at CCV like we do, you have 11 month advantage and be able to get what you want anyway..:confused3

I thought a "fixed week" is a lot more points/night than not getting a "fixed week".. WHY would anyone want to do this? I would think owning
at CCV like we do, you have 11 month advantage and be able to get what you want anyway..:confused3
It's 10% more but if you trade in your week for the points, you get all the points.

It's only 10% more if you use it for the fixed week.

If you don't need it, cancel it at 11 months and rebook. It really is one of those things that if you need it, it's worth the premium.

But. Our considered guess is that having CCV points will NOT be enough to get studios at 11 months during busy times.

You'll have to walk, or do something else. Everybody at CCV is buying enough points for studios and not much more. They'll be in demand.

And nothing will suck worse than having home resort advantage and not getting your studio. Ask BWV standard seekers during Fall Frenzy. Or VGF studios seekers in December.

If you want a week 50 studio, it is going to be a dogfight every year. There are a max of 84 bookable. Meanwhile, Disney has sold a million points against the cabins. But most buyers don't have points to book cabins, and want week 49-50 studios.

Ask VGF buyers how that worked out for them, and they didn't have the cabin point sales...

It's not a Fixed week. It's a beautiful Guarantee, complete with DVC flexibility :) If you choose to use it, yes, there is a 10 point premium for week 50. But I'd gladly pay 10 points then have to deal with the hassle of walking/stressing. Honestly, we plan on opting out prob for the next 10 years or so until kiddo is in college.

Oh, and it also protects against possible future reallocation. My 118 point charge will never change, even if studio requirements increase.

What is the maximum amount of fixed weeks per week they are allowed to sell? If it's only a couple per room category I could see the weeks in December being sold out already. At this point if my goal was to stay in the first few weeks of December and DVC wouldn't sell me the fixed weeks...I don't think I'd buy. I 100% agree with Auroraborealis that there will be a lot of disappointed people getting shut out of studios in weeks 49 to 52. Hopefully for them we are wrong.

Well I rescinded this morning. My guide could not tell me if week 49 or 50 were completely sold out or just not available, with more to be declared. We really wanted a Christmas week. I don't think they have their act together either. The day before, week 47 was available, but then yesterday no. I told them to call me when 49 or 50 becomes available but to cancel now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter