Purchasing a Fixed Week at Copper Creek

The number of buyers I have seen "looking forward to many Christmases at CCV!!!" who bought studio points is going to turn into a lot of anger in about 3 years, I think.
Totally agree!! The more I talk to these guides, the more the information changes. I think they know people want the Christmas weeks, and maybe they are saying no to "spread" out the purchases. I can only imagine what it will be like as a points owner at CC trying to book this year's Christmas ressies. Last year, first time ever, I was shut out on opening day booking for the first day of the first week of December at BRV. That has never, ever happened before. I booked at 3p on opening day instead of at 8a.

If you want a week 50 studio, it is going to be a dogfight every year. There are a max of 84 bookable. Meanwhile, Disney has sold a million points against the cabins. But most buyers don't have points to book cabins, and want week 49-50 studios.

Ask VGF buyers how that worked out for them, and they didn't have the cabin point sales...
Oh, how do I know!! I am stressed out each and everytime I go to book anything at VGF for a studio. Don't have enough points to "walk" for very long.

What is the maximum amount of fixed weeks per week they are allowed to sell? If it's only a couple per room category I could see the weeks in December being sold out already. At this point if my goal was to stay in the first few weeks of December and DVC wouldn't sell me the fixed weeks...I don't think I'd buy. I 100% agree with Auroraborealis that there will be a lot of disappointed people getting shut out of studios in weeks 49 to 52. Hopefully for them we are wrong.

VGF was 30% or 35%, something like that.

:earsboy: Bill

Well I rescinded this morning. My guide could not tell me if week 49 or 50 were completely sold out or just not available, with more to be declared. We really wanted a Christmas week. I don't think they have their act together either. The day before, week 47 was available, but then yesterday no. I told them to call me when 49 or 50 becomes available but to cancel now.

Keep an eye on the forum and dvcnews and when you read that a new declaration has been done, call back your guide. If there are more people interested in those week (probably, there are), then it's better to not leave it to a specific guide initiative.

I'd bet that as more points get allocated, they will open up additional weeks. I agree with Bill - I think it's like max 30% allowed for GW. Don't buy it if you don't 100% want it. Not sure if I said it on this thread, or the other board, but when we bought our GW, I was more knowledgable about the subject than the guide and very specific about what I did and did not want.

Well I rescinded this morning. My guide could not tell me if week 49 or 50 were completely sold out or just not available, with more to be declared. We really wanted a Christmas week. I don't think they have their act together either. The day before, week 47 was available, but then yesterday no. I told them to call me when 49 or 50 becomes available but to cancel now.

Call the sales number and ask for a manager call back, if that doesn't work, contact Terri Schultz's office.

:earsboy: Bill

The Copper Creek Master Declaration permits Disney to sell up to 35% of each accommodation type per week. Based on what Disney has stated will be the final breakout of accommodation types, the maximum number of Guaranteed Week deeds that can be sold for each accommodation for each week is as follows. The number in parentheses is the maximum number of each accommodation type.

Cabins (26): 9 GW deeds
Grand Villas (4): 1 GW deed
Two-Bedrooms (56): 19 GW deeds
One-Bedrooms (56): 19 GW deeds
Studios, Walk-in Shower (41): 14 GW deeds
Studios, Tub Shower (37): 13 GW deeds

Once the entire resort is declared, these should be the maximum number of Guaranteed Week deeds that could be sold each of the 52 weeks in the year.

When the resort is not fully declared, it appears that the 35% cap is applied to the number of accommodations that have been officially declared. If that is the case, then the number of Guaranteed Weeks that can be sold right now, which includes the inventory added by the fifth declaration, is as follows:

Cabins (16): 5 GW deeds
Grand Villas (3): 1 GW deed
Two-Bedrooms (40): 14 GW deeds
One-Bedrooms (42): 14 GW deeds
Studios* (combined) (36): About 12 GW deeds

* - I know the number of studios declared, but I don't know how many of the declared studios have walk-in showers and how many have tub showers.

To date, the actual number of Guaranteed Week deeds sold for Copper Creek is well below these limits. Only 17 GW deeds total have been sold for Copper Creek studios spread over eight different weeks, and no week has had more than three GW deeds sold. Whether by coincidence or design, all 17 of those GW deeds are for studios with walk-in showers; there are no GW deeds for Tub Shower studios.

Even if Disney is constrained by using the number of villas declared, it should still be able to sell many more GW deeds than it has. Granted, the DVC Guides don't seem to be overly keen on selling GW deeds, but there must be another factor coming into play that might explain Disney's reluctance to sell more GW deeds.

My guess is that it comes down to a booking issue. If someone wants to buy a GW deed for a studio for, say, Week #49, then the buyer should be able to use that accommodation this year. However, if all seven nights comprising Week #49 are no longer available, Disney cannot fulfill its contractual obligation as specified in the GW deed. If that is the case, I suspect that Disney won't or can't sell that week to a potential GW buyer.

Of course, if that is true then it begs the question: "If a GW buyer stipulates they will opt out of their guaranteed rights for 2018 and won't use their GW right until 2019, will Disney sell them a GW deed?"

By the way, when discussing the Guaranteed Week option, potential buyers should not forget the special RunDisney provisions offered by Disney to GW deeds. Those provisions can make the GW option even more flexible for some buyers.

I gotcha.. "Fixed week" for studios.. During Christmas.. NOPE, not us.. Too much crowd, and we bought enough for a 1BR/2BR during Early December, or
May/September.. We don't want Christmas week (Dec 20-30th).. But, too each his own..Don't think it should be a problem to get a 1BR/2Br
during early December at 11 months.. I read somewhere (dvcnews.com) that only 1-3% of CCV sales was "fixed week"..

But, too each his own... IF you want that week AND a studio, I guess you pay the extra $$$$$...

The Copper Creek Master Declaration permits Disney to sell up to 35% of each accommodation type per week. Based on what Disney has stated will be the final breakout of accommodation types, the maximum number of Guaranteed Week deeds that can be sold for each accommodation for each week is as follows. The number in parentheses is the maximum number of each accommodation type.

Cabins (26): 9 GW deeds
Grand Villas (4): 1 GW deed
Two-Bedrooms (56): 19 GW deeds
One-Bedrooms (56): 19 GW deeds
Studios, Walk-in Shower (41): 14 GW deeds
Studios, Tub Shower (37): 13 GW deeds

Once the entire resort is declared, these should be the maximum number of Guaranteed Week deeds that could be sold each of the 52 weeks in the year.

When the resort is not fully declared, it appears that the 35% cap is applied to the number of accommodations that have been officially declared. If that is the case, then the number of Guaranteed Weeks that can be sold right now, which includes the inventory added by the fifth declaration, is as follows:

Cabins (16): 5 GW deeds
Grand Villas (3): 1 GW deed
Two-Bedrooms (40): 14 GW deeds
One-Bedrooms (42): 14 GW deeds
Studios* (combined) (36): About 12 GW deeds

* - I know the number of studios declared, but I don't know how many of the declared studios have walk-in showers and how many have tub showers.

To date, the actual number of Guaranteed Week deeds sold for Copper Creek is well below these limits. Only 17 GW deeds total have been sold for Copper Creek studios spread over eight different weeks, and no week has had more than three GW deeds sold. Whether by coincidence or design, all 17 of those GW deeds are for studios with walk-in showers; there are no GW deeds for Tub Shower studios.

Even if Disney is constrained by using the number of villas declared, it should still be able to sell many more GW deeds than it has. Granted, the DVC Guides don't seem to be overly keen on selling GW deeds, but there must be another factor coming into play that might explain Disney's reluctance to sell more GW deeds.

My guess is that it comes down to a booking issue. If someone wants to buy a GW deed for a studio for, say, Week #49, then the buyer should be able to use that accommodation this year. However, if all seven nights comprising Week #49 are no longer available, Disney cannot fulfill its contractual obligation as specified in the GW deed. If that is the case, I suspect that Disney won't or can't sell that week to a potential GW buyer.

Of course, if that is true then it begs the question: "If a GW buyer stipulates they will opt out of their guaranteed rights for 2018 and won't use their GW right until 2019, will Disney sell them a GW deed?"

By the way, when discussing the Guaranteed Week option, potential buyers should not forget the special RunDisney provisions offered by Disney to GW deeds. Those provisions can make the GW option even more flexible for some buyers.

They were selling and stipulating that this year would be points and not the week so that's not it.

Too much crowd, and we bought enough for a 1BR/2BR during Early December

Early December is going to be harder than Christmas. The first two weeks of December are DVC's highest demand of the year. Because so many people at VGF get frozen out of studios those weeks, 1BRs also tend to book up well before 7 months, which is generally not what people expect. I would expect similar pattern to emerge at CCV, which is going to lead to people either looking for add-ons (to try for 1BRs), or selling off.

Early December is going to be harder than Christmas. The first two weeks of December are DVC's highest demand of the year. Because so many people at VGF get frozen out of studios those weeks, 1BRs also tend to book up well before 7 months, which is generally not what people expect. I would expect similar pattern to emerge at CCV, which is going to lead to people either looking for add-ons (to try for 1BRs), or selling off.

This remains to be seen.. When Rivera comes online, Star Wars Land, Current Toy Story Land, and Guardians come online, people will want to stay
at BWV, BCV,Rivera etc more than CCV... If all else fails, I have "backup" BWV as we own there. So, between CCV and BWV, AND the 11 month advantage
at each of those, I don't foresee it as a problem.. Never have in 18 years of owning BWV... CCV is too new and we have not stayed there at Christmas time
yet...

Where did you see that stipulation?

Sorry, poor choice of words. They are selling with points as it's too late for reserved weeks for Dec or probably anytime this fall. But they will do it that way - it doesn't stop the sale.

This remains to be seen.. When Rivera comes online, Star Wars Land, Current Toy Story Land, and Guardians come online, people will want to stay
at BWV, BCV,Rivera etc more than CCV

This doesn't really remain to be seen. Those two weeks are what they are and are unlikely to change. Those two weeks have no opportunities at 7 months, and feature Christmas decor. You book home, whatever it is, to travel those weeks. Even SSR can be problematic - if you look at these charts, what happens at 7 is whatever availability in studios at OKW and SSR gets booked at open, whether by off site points or switches that then fill wait list. Even 1BRs at Epcot and Monorail resorts go before 7 for 12/1-12/15.

This pattern has existed for years and has become more serious. Bungalow, cabin and Aulani points are a factor. With only 84 studios, with likely 10 going to fixed week sales each of the first week in December, CCV will be hard for owners to book, bringing them into the 7 month fight for the scraps.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/

The Copper Creek Master Declaration permits Disney to sell up to 35% of each accommodation type per week.
If that's the actual wording from the Master Declaration, maybe DVD has decided they don't need to sell GW deed for December. They are "permited" to an not required to allow up 35% GW deeds to be sold.

Whether by coincidence or design, all 17 of those GW deeds are for studios with walk-in showers; there are no GW deeds for Tub Shower studios.
As the owner of a runDisney GW for Marathon Weekend, I was offered the choice of tub or walk-in shower without any pushing toward the walk-in shower. So I'm guessing it's coincidental.

If that's the actual wording from the Master Declaration, maybe DVD has decided they don't need to sell GW deed for December. They are "permited" to an not required to allow up 35% GW deeds to be sold.

As the owner of a runDisney GW for Marathon Weekend, I was offered the choice of tub or walk-in shower without any pushing toward the walk-in shower. So I'm guessing it's coincidental.
True, Disney is under no obligation to sell Guaranteed Week deeds for any week. It could decide not to sell GW weeks for a particular period, or to cap them at a percentage lower than 35%. But still, that begs the question: Why go to the effort of setting up the Guaranteed Week option in the first place if Disney has decided to put the dampers on sales?

Out of curiosity, did you initiate discussion of the RunDisney GW or was that brought up by your Guide?

True, Disney is under no obligation to sell Guaranteed Week deeds for any week. It could decide not to sell GW weeks for a particular period, or to cap them at a percentage lower than 35%. But still, that begs the question: Why go to the effort of setting up the Guaranteed Week option in the first place if Disney has decided to put the dampers on sales?

Out of curiosity, did you initiate discussion of the RunDisney GW or was that brought up by your Guide?

I'm not sure how much extra effort was needed to setup GW at CCV as an option since it existed at other resorts. My guess is they did it to allow themselves the flexibility to offer allow GW if it would benefit them (Disney is always going to do what is in their best interest).

I initiated the discussion of the runDisney GW; it was the main reason I scheduled my tour. Other than the 5-10 minutes spent to explain points and charts, I spent the entire time asking questions to understand the flexibility provided by the special event right that was part of the deed over a regular GW deed. My guide did mention that studios had a higher demand than other room choices.

Last edited:
This doesn't really remain to be seen. Those two weeks are what they are and are unlikely to change. Those two weeks have no opportunities at 7 months, and feature Christmas decor. You book home, whatever it is, to travel those weeks. Even SSR can be problematic - if you look at these charts, what happens at 7 is whatever availability in studios at OKW and SSR gets booked at open, whether by off site points or switches that then fill wait list. Even 1BRs at Epcot and Monorail resorts go before 7 for 12/1-12/15.

This pattern has existed for years and has become more serious. Bungalow, cabin and Aulani points are a factor. With only 84 studios, with likely 10 going to fixed week sales each of the first week in December, CCV will be hard for owners to book, bringing them into the 7 month fight for the scraps.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/

Think you misunderstood my post. I do NOT want studios, as we book 11 months out for BWV or CCV during Food and Wine (September) and early December.
We book 1BR or 2 BR. According to the thread showing booking patterns, we won't and have not had a problem booking BWV the past 18 years.
We always book 11 months out and we don't go to studios anymore. (Want some more room now). As for people that want studios, I guess I could
see a problem with early December. But again, not for us....

As for CCV, I don't think it will be a problem early December for a 1/2BR if booking at 11 months. But, I can see studios being more difficult. I think (at least my opinion) BWV/BCV will be a lot harder to book when Star Wars Land/Guardians comes online. Those will be "premo" resorts and it will be
hard to book at 7 months.. Or less....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter