Private excursions in Italy

KDG

K Sorcerer Mickey
I have researched and read previous posts about hiring private tours on the Mediterranean cruises. We have a traveling party of 6 on the Fantasy in 2025. Any recent experiences to share? Our ports are Livorno, Citivecchia, Naples and Palermo.

Thank you! Very helpful. Their website shows a lot of combinations to customize a good day.

We used Joe Banana for a private tour in Naples. They have a lot of tour options. We chose to do a Lemon themed tour to the Amalfi Coast. We went to Sorrento, Positano, and to a wonderful lemon themed lunch at a restaurant on the coast headed towards Amalfi. It was our favorite tour! We were picked up and dropped off at the port, our driver was wonderful and professional and it was an upscale experience. It wasn't inexpensive, but well worth it in our opinion. I highly recommend JB~ :)

I booked private tours with RomeInLimo in Livorno and Naples (plus transit to Rome from the port nearby). In Livorno we chose to drive to Florence and tour there. In Naples we visited Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. They will customize the day depending on what you'd like to see.

Our family of 4 booked a private tour in Rome in 2019 from a RC ship. It was some of the best money we've spent on a vacation. When you only have one day in a city like Rome, it was worth the money for the private tour. No standing in line, a local guide who picked an amazing restaurant for lunch and a private car to navigate the city.

Your recommendations are so appreciated. It will be fun to research these companies. My husband votes for Joe Banana because he loves their name. 😊

We have done private tours in the UK and St. Petersburg and we find them to be more memorable than larger group excursions.

Keep the recommendations coming, cruisers! 🚢

When we were in Rome we used LivTours. https://livtours.com/
We had excellent private tours.

Then in Naples we used tours by locals and found an excellent guide through them that was also our driver which you need to
look for also. Many guides with Tours By Locals use a car service.
Then when we were done we found out our guide had a private business also, https://www.leisure-italy.com/
We had Giuseppe and he was excellent. Was so full of knowledge!! We had a very full day with him as we did the
private tour of Amalfi Coast and Pompeii!
They have an excellent Blog on their website that gives great information about things that are good to know.

We are like you, after doing private tours it is hard to do the large group excursions unless we have to.

I booked private tours with RomeInLimo in Livorno and Naples (plus transit to Rome from the port nearby). In Livorno we chose to drive to Florence and tour there. In Naples we visited Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. They will customize the day depending on what you'd like to see.
We used RomeInLimo also but our Med cruise was several years before covid. Glad to see they're still around. They offered a multi-tour discount so we used them for all 3 Italian ports. They also offered a 5% pre-pay cash discount. I was a bit nervous to wire money to a bank in Miami but it all worked out. I was glad to not have to deal with paying them on the day of each tour.
My parents were with us and we split the costs which made it amazingly affordable.

We used Joe Bananas for Naples and RomeInLimo for Rome. Two of our best private tours. Highly recommend both.
Is there a reason you chose different tour companies for Naples and Rome? I ask because some offer a nice discount if you book two or more tours with them. Just curious.

Is there a reason you chose different tour companies for Naples and Rome? I ask because some offer a nice discount if you book two or more tours with them. Just curious.
yes- that is true. They do offer discounts. Joe Bananas offered a tour in Naples/Positano/Sorrento that we wanted to do that RomeInLimo, at the time, anyway, did not.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest