Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

DopeyBadger

Imagathoner
Hi Royals!

Princess Weekend 2022 is officially over, so it's time to turn the attention to Princess Weekend 2023.

Official runDisney Website Link

Race Dates:
Thursday, February 23rd - Princess Sunrise Yoga
Thursday, February 23rd - Expo Opens (Open on Fri/Sat as well)
Friday, February 24th - 5k
Saturday, February 25th - 10k
Sunday, February 26th - HM

Challenge is the completion of the 10k + HM.

Registration Dates:
Club runDisney Registration: Tuesday, June 14th, 2022 - 10:00 AM EASTERN
General Registration: Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 - 10:00 AM EASTERN
Virtual Registration: Friday, June 24th, 2022 - 10:00 AM EASTERN

Themes:
5k - Jasmine
10k - Belle
HM - Moana
Challenge - Cinderella

(images link)
(in person medals link)

Proof of Time Information:
HM POT Cutoff- 2:15:00 HM
Available Window for POT Race- Jan 1st, 2019 to November 1st, 2022 (link)
Submission Deadline- November 1st, 2022

Pre-Race Meetup Information:
Link

Hurricane Hannah's Meetup Information:
Saturday, 2/25/23 at 2:30-4:30pm at Hurricane Hannah's (link)

Princess Theme History
Link

Historical Weather
Link

Medals
Link

First Day of Expo Virtual Queue
Opens at 8:30am local time
runDisney blog post

Course Maps
Link

Race Day Logisitics
Link

Merch

Last edited:
In a surprise to me, my daughter has convinced my wife to cancel her idea of going to Hawaii in 2023 and instead it looks like we're planning a return trip for Princess Weekend 2023. My daughter had too much fun running the 5k and wants to do it again. She's already got costume ideas percolating and wants us to go bigger and better the next time around. So in all likelihood, see you there. Who else is considering Princess Weekend 2023?

I had been doing Star Wars weekends in the Before Times and switched to Princess this year both because I'd never run through the castle and because I wasn't sure about the Surprise theme being something that'd particularly call to me. Turns out Princess is a MUCH better timeframe for me (March is usually so busy my training gets interrupted, and my parents are snowbirds who usually are still in Florida around Princess weekend so we got a bonus visit), so I think I'm going to stick with Princess for 2023 rather than Surprise.

Well, I had to miss Princess 2022 due to my stress fracture, so I really want to do 2023! I'm currently registered for the Spring Surprise challenge (which I might fly down and do solo) but I doubt I'll be fully trained for it because I'm just starting to run again this week. Still, I paid for it, and I can always run/walk....

If I don't do SS I will definitely do the W&D in Nov. I just don't want to wait a full year before actually competing in my first runD weekend! If I'm heathy, I want to do one this year, because you just never know! But either way Princess 2023 is certainly on the table, because.... castle. It's all about the castle.

Not sure about 2023 after doing the 5k and 10k at Princess every year since 2017. My daughter is married now and thinking about starting a family, so that may interfere with next year. Although we enjoyed the experience of the sunrise yoga this year, we will not be repeating it next year. Leaning towards planning on the 5k for myself no matter what my daughter decides.

I looved Princess weekend but will not being doing it 2023. I can only afford one race a year (also only have the amount of points for it other points are for family trips) and I really want to tackle my first Marathon so it will be Marathon 2023 weekend for me. But this will always be first WDW run and be first half marathon and challenge run. I will love it forever and I want to come back to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter