Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

I was definitely surprised by this too. I know Frozen is popular, but they wouldn't do them both Frozen themed, right?
Not sure, but my research shows 20 year anniversary for both Finding Nemo and Brother Bear...and the 100th anniversary for Walt Disney Studios! I'm sure THAT is going to be a big them for Marathon weekend?

I was definitely surprised by this too. I know Frozen is popular, but they wouldn't do them both Frozen themed, right?

Since the weather for race weekends has the uncanny ability to follow the race theme, I'm not 100% surprise to see them not do a Frozen race. I know that in 2020, the Moana 5K was incredibly wet and it appears that in 2015 the Frozen 5K was quite chilly. If I was a superstitious person, I would stay away from those themes, but that's just me.

Not sure, but my research shows 20 year anniversary for both Finding Nemo and Brother Bear...and the 100th anniversary for Walt Disney Studios! I'm sure THAT is going to be a big them for Marathon weekend?

I can't see them moving from the Fab 5 for Marathon Weekend. There would be a revolt.

S
Doubt marathon will remove Classic characters especially with anniversary’s for some runs

so with Raya at W&D and Frozen virtual short it will be interesting to see what happens

I can't see them moving from the Fab 5 for Marathon Weekend. There would be a revolt.
I could be mistaken but I think patty is saying that the overall theme would be the 100th like this year's was the 50th. If that's not confusing enough, the 50th is running for 18 months and we also apparently have anniversaries for the 10k, full, AND Dopey.

Anyway, no expectation that the characters on the medals will be changing.

S

Doubt marathon will remove Classic characters especially with anniversary’s for some runs

so with Raya at W&D and Frozen virtual short it will be interesting to see what happens
I agree that I don't think that runDisney will touch the Fab 5 (and Daisy) for the Marathon Weekend, but perhaps for the next Springtime Surprise.

Let's take a look at some past themes, going back to 2018, which is the first year they started having a specific princess for each race, instead of an overall theme for the weekend.

2022: 5k Cinderella, 10k Tiana, half Mulan, challenge Moana
2021 virtual: 5k Ariel, 10k Rapunzel, half Belle, challenge Tiana
2020: 5k Moana, 10k Pocahontas, half Cinderella, challenge Sleeping Beauty's 3 fairies
2019: 5k Elena, 10k Mulan, half Aurora, challenge Jasmine
2018: 5k Rapunzel, 10k Merida, half Snow White, challenge Cinderella

So let's take a look at theming since 2018, the first year they had a different princess associated with each race. Five years, 4 races each year, that means 20 princesses used for medals. Overall totals are as follows:

Cinderella 3 (2022 5k, 2020 half, 2018 challenge)
Tiana 2 (2022 10k, 2021 challenge)
Mulan 2 (2022 half, 2019 10k)
Moana 2 (2022 challenge, 2020 5k)
Rapunzel 2 (2021 10k, 2018 5k)
Aurora 2 (2019 half, counting the 2020 3 fairies challenge as one for the Sleeping Beauty franchise)
Ariel 1 (2021 5k)
Belle 1 (2021 half)
Pocahontas 1 (2020 10k)
Elena 1 (2019 5k)
Jasmine 1 (2019 challenge)
Merida 1 (2018 10k)
Snow White 1 (2018 half)

Snow White and Merida have both only been used once, and in 2018, so we are due to have them on medals again. Jasmine, Ariel, Pocahontas and Elena have also only been used once, but Pocahontas was used most recently, and I think Elena was not a good choice to begin with, so I cannot imagine them using her again. All this to say, if Frozen is indeed the virtual series theme this summer, then my guesses for 2023 medals would be (in no particular order) Merida, Snow White, Ariel, and Jasmine.

Let's take a look at some past themes, going back to 2018, which is the first year they started having a specific princess for each race, instead of an overall theme for the weekend.

2020: 5k Moana, 10k Pocahontas, half Cinderella, challenge Sleeping Beauty's 3 fairies

So let's take a look at theming since 2018, the first year they had a different princess associated with each race. Five years, 4 races each year, that means 20 princesses used for medals. Overall totals are as follows:

Aurora 2 (2019 half, counting the 2020 3 fairies challenge as one for the Sleeping Beauty franchise)
Ariel 1 (2021 5k)
Belle 1 (2021 half)
Pocahontas 1 (2020 10k)
Elena 1 (2019 5k)
Merida 1 (2018 10k)
Snow White 1 (2018 half)

Snow White and Merida have both only been used once, and in 2018, so we are due to have them on medals again. Jasmine, Ariel, Pocahontas and Elena have also only been used once, but Pocahontas was used most recently, and I think Elena was not a good choice to begin with, so I cannot imagine them using her again. All this to say, if Frozen is indeed the virtual series theme this summer, then my guesses for 2023 medals would be (in no particular order) Merida, Snow White, Ariel, and Jasmine.
It’s always the waiting game to see what the themes are. Of course I have my favorites and least favorites.

Ariel 1 (2021 5k)
Belle 1 (2021 half)
Pocahontas 1 (2020 10k)
Elena 1 (2019 5k)
Merida 1 (2018 10k)
Snow White 1 (2018 half)

I would love it if your prediction came true. My wallet would be less thrilled, since I would have to make the trip down for Princess 2023 (which I’m already tentatively budgeting for, but haven’t officially committed to)

If you want something to really hate (yet, you’ll LOVE the results in your glutes), there’s always Bulgarian Split Squats.
Oh, I already hate them don’t worry. And I had to do approximately a million of them in my power yoga class today.

And as expected, the summer virtual series is all things Frozen. It does make me wonder if they would use Frozen in the 2023 theming for this weekend. Either way I'll still be there. I thought Frozen would be the half medal and I don't plan to run the half anyway.

School calendar just came out. Kids are off the week of Feb 27th, so perfect for Princess Weekend. 💃

Hubby's reaction: "Disney, again?! Isn't 3 times in one year enough?"
Me: "Um, no? You love me don't you? 😇"

🤣

In all seriousness, is it too much to plan for both MW and Princess Weekend? I've already booked POFQ in January, think I would sign up for Goofy and go alone. But maybe the princess races are enough?

Was reading about the themes.

I notice they've never done Princess Leia....any chance we could see Leia as a race theme??

With 100 years of Disney Animation, and Snow White being the first Disney princess (even though she didn't come around until much later), I'd be surprised if Snow White wasn't one of them.

I notice they've never done Princess Leia....any chance we could see Leia as a race theme??

With 100 years of Disney Animation, and Snow White being the first Disney princess (even though she didn't come around until much later), I'd be surprised if Snow White wasn't one of them.
I know they had Leia during one of the last rival runs

I’d love to see non official “princesses/heroines” like meg, Esmeralda, kida, Jane,Alice, Wendy, Mirabel…

Pretty sure not, since Leia belongs to the Star Wars franchise and Princess Weekend is about Disney marketing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter