Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks for the link. With all of the planned enhancements, it's going to take until 2026 to retrofit all of their planes. I assume this enhancement also includes the much overdue new operating system for their flight and crew scheduling that has caused them so many issues in the past when severe weather puts their current system into an accelerated spiral of chaos for weeks.

So will all seats be assigned seats and if you don’t purchase a premium seat does that mean you are are assigned a seat by SWA?

So will all seats be assigned seats and if you don’t purchase a premium seat does that mean you are are assigned a seat by SWA?

From the information they’ve released on the website. You’ll probably get information on that late next year.

If you prefer to select your seat when you book your flight, including seats with extra legroom, you will have a few options to purchase these benefits. Our boarding process will be similar to what it is today. You’ll board in order of position numbers and line up by signage displayed on stanchions within the gate area, so you’ll be on your way as quickly as possible. We will begin selling flights with seat assignments in the second half of 2025 for travel in the first half of 2026.

Taken from the website that was shared just a few posts above yours, providing additional information:
Our lowest fare offer will still come with two free checked bags,1 no change2 or cancel fees,3 travel credits that never expire, and a seat assigned to you prior to your day of travel.

Anything not included on that website is just speculation.

Ran here to post the updates but you all beat me to it!

“All Companion Pass® holders will have the ability to select an available seat for their Companion when they travel together”

The CP is really my main reason for flying SW as their fares are not as competitive otherwise w major carriers in my market , Chicago. So I’m happy to see they seem to be intending to keep the pass and that the companion can get an assigned seat if they want.

I wonder if they’ll attempt to seat parties booked together, together or if it will be a totally random assignment.

I don’t really care if I sit near my husband on a plane for domestic flights, we usually watch a movie or read separately anyways. But I do have young kids (6,8 yo) so I’m curious how they’ll handle that.

Ran here to post the updates but you all beat me to it! I still am eager to understand how the companion pass will fit into this- if you buy an upgraded seat, will your companion also have to upgrade? Will they get the option? The CP is really my main reason for flying SW as their fares are not as competitive otherwise w major carriers in my market, Chicago.

Also in the information linked. Not quite sure but it sounds like if you’re an A list or A list preferred…your seating benefits will apply to your companion. But if you purchase an upgraded seat, that will not apply to your companion. But that’s my interpretation, I’m not exactly sure what they mean by “ancillary seating product”. I’m assuming it means, if you book an extra legroom seat. As it is now, someone could purchase Business Select. Their companion does not get a business select A 1-15 assignment.

• What benefits will Companion Pass® holders get?
  • Companions will receive the seating benefits of the Companion Pass holder, or the fare purchased by the Companion Pass holder, as available. Any ancillary seating product purchased by the Companion Pass holder will only apply to the Companion Pass holder.

Ok. So based on current available information regarding upcoming SWA changes it looks like while the lower fares “Wanna Get Away” may still be offered they will probably result in being assigned the middle seats as opposed to having a chance with the current “Wanna Get Away” fares and an earlier boarding position you have a chance at an aisle or window seat…so no point in purchasing the Early Bird I guess they will probably discontinue that upcharge. I guess I will be purchasing a premium seat although not necessarily one with extra leg room unless reconfiguration of planes means that current legroom in standard seats will be less.

May be time to consider other airlines…

Shouldn’t be an issue if all seats are assigned…
The ONE time I had to move was on as assigned seat airline to make way for a last-to-load father and his 4 yr old son. I was targeted because I was sitting next to my friend headed on a girls’ trip. We hadn’t seen each other for a long time and I was looking forward to visiting on the plane. The flight attendant was clear we were not leaving the runway until I moved. I went from my row 4 seat to mid plane, far away from my friend. 😩

Here's a thing maybe someone with better google-foo than I might be able to answer:

Southwest generally offers a single Saturday nonstop flight from Albuquerque to Orlando. I have my family on that flight coming home after our cruise in March.

However, they just opened up late May, early June, and that flight doesn't appear to exist anymore. Did they quietly decide not to run it? Is it just... not offered the last weekend of May for some random reason?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest