Popcorn kernel stuck in my throat! UPDATE ~ It's Gone!! p. 8

Just had this happen, after several hours of drinking water, eating a banana, bread etc, gargling....I grabbed a mini flashlight, went to the bathroom mirror and stuck my tongue out as far as I could, low and behold the semi circular corn kernel shell was STUCK on the very very back of my tongue, I could barley get to it, first time i tried to move it, nope stuck, it was as another poster said like a suction cup back there!, Finally got it to move several times forward and knocked it off.

Very Irritating experience. This occurred with the Cretors Hand Crafted Small-Batch Popcorn Cheese & Carmel Mix.. I am no longer eating any popcorn, don't like it that much.
Great news, TQ. And looks like you might hang around here. Great! Welcome.

It’s day 8 now

i’ve been following this thread religiously and would go so far as to say i’ve become a disciple of the husk

i’ve performed all the rituals in the thread but nonetheless here i remain... with a popcorn husk stuck on the side of my throat

i’ve finally caved and i’m going for a ER visit, hopefully they don’t just say it isn’t there :/

I soooo feel for you! I went to an ear nose and throat doctor and they told me it wasn't there. Just scratched. I KNOW it was there! It WILL dislodge eventually. Keep us posted.

It's amazing that you've kept up with this thread more than 10 years later...... you can guess why I'm here -- I have a husk lodged in my tonsil!! I can see it, but it's too far back for me to reach without making myself vomit. I've tried drinking water and hot tea, eating bread with and without peanut butter, coughing, and gargling, and so far nothing has worked....
If I can't get it out by tomorrow night, I'm gonna go to my college's health center to see if they can help me... since it's visible, hopefully they can just numb my throat up and pluck it out, but I also don't know if they're allowed to do that because of COVID. The husk has created a sore on my uvula, so I'm really desperate to get it out...

But I will NOT stop eating popcorn after this haha! It's my favorite salty snack... I can forgive this betrayal 🤧

It's amazing that you've kept up with this thread more than 10 years later...... you can guess why I'm here -- I have a husk lodged in my tonsil!! I can see it, but it's too far back for me to reach without making myself vomit. I've tried drinking water and hot tea, eating bread with and without peanut butter, coughing, and gargling, and so far nothing has worked....
If I can't get it out by tomorrow night, I'm gonna go to my college's health center to see if they can help me... since it's visible, hopefully they can just numb my throat up and pluck it out, but I also don't know if they're allowed to do that because of COVID. The husk has created a sore on my uvula, so I'm really desperate to get it out...

But I will NOT stop eating popcorn after this haha! It's my favorite salty snack... I can forgive this betrayal 🤧

Ah, the latest victim of the dreaded popcorn kernal! Good luck with it.

Good luck @mozarts. I love popcorn too - but it's not worth the hassle and fear of getting in stuck in my throat or getting the shell in my gums!!

This is the third time I’ve read through this thread in the last week. Geez I didn’t know popcorn could be so dangerous!! Great tips in here but none have worked for me.. For 7 days now think I either have a peanut sliver not popcorn stuck in my throat or I have throat cancer 😩. Ent visit tomorrow to find out!
One things for sure, I ever will I eat popcorn again. Thanks.

Any luck? It's great that you can see. I was told it wasn't there and that was maddening!

This is the third time I’ve read through this thread in the last week. Geez I didn’t know popcorn could be so dangerous!! Great tips in here but none have worked for me.. For 7 days now think I either have a peanut sliver not popcorn stuck in my throat or I have throat cancer 😩. Ent visit tomorrow to find out!
One things for sure, I ever will I eat popcorn again. Thanks.

How did it work out??? It went on for that long for me too. Crazy! It's been over ten years but I have not eaten popcorn since! I remember the feeling too well!

I will have everyone know that I vowed I would never eat popcorn again and ten years later...I stuck to my word! I do miss it but I just can't bring myself to do it. It was THAT traumatic of an experience.
It was that traumatic of an experience that is crucial to understanding. My throat is now severely compromised that I also gave up my beloved popcorn and nuts and peanuts. going on 8 months... measuring every bit of food and how it will struggle in a mouth with no salivia glands. It is really scary, which reminds me of all the post covid struggle interviews I see on TV....what they all have in common...."""don't dance with covid, you have no idea how traumatic!!"

So im in the same situation. I have had a shell stuck in my throat for about 10 days now. I went to an urgent care they said theres nothing they can do. The dr did look down my throat and didnt see anything. He told me to Just eat foods thatll help it go down. I seen my dr and she looked down my throat as well and didnt see anything but said to eat good thatll help it go down too. My anxiety has gone nuts ever since it got stuck in there. At first it felt very annoying. I could feel it scratching my throat and then it felt like it moved to the top of my throat. Then i felt like it was making me choke for a bit. I drank soda, water, tea. Nothing has helped. When im eating it feels like its hanging in there. Im not sure if its just bugging me cus of the damage it did or its really there. I cant even smoke w out it bugging me cus itll feel dry and like it's tickling my throat. I've cried so many tears because i really hate this feeling. When will i feel better? I don't even have money to see an ENT. So thats out of the question for me. All i can do is wait. I feel so helpless. I'm not myself at all lately. And it really sucks. Its exhausting. The only time i feel better is when im asleep.

So im in the same situation. I have had a shell stuck in my throat for about 10 days now. I went to an urgent care they said theres nothing they can do. The dr did look down my throat and didnt see anything. He told me to Just eat foods thatll help it go down. I seen my dr and she looked down my throat as well and didnt see anything but said to eat good thatll help it go down too. My anxiety has gone nuts ever since it got stuck in there. At first it felt very annoying. I could feel it scratching my throat and then it felt like it moved to the top of my throat. Then i felt like it was making me choke for a bit. I drank soda, water, tea. Nothing has helped. When im eating it feels like its hanging in there. Im not sure if its just bugging me cus of the damage it did or its really there. I cant even smoke w out it bugging me cus itll feel dry and like it's tickling my throat. I've cried so many tears because i really hate this feeling. When will i feel better? I don't even have money to see an ENT. So thats out of the question for me. All i can do is wait. I feel so helpless. I'm not myself at all lately. And it really sucks. Its exhausting. The only time i feel better is when im asleep.

Sorry you are going through this.

Mine has been the shell (thin yellow layer) going up in my gums and once getting it stuck in my throat. As much as I love popcorn, I have not eaten any since my last incident. Crazy but that is how uncomfortable it is - we hear you. Hang in there. Seems like you tried everything. Hopefully it won't be much longer before you feel better.

I recently had Vitamin C stuck on my throat and I was choking on it. I did not know whether to keep trying to make it go down with water, bread or cough it out - hacking. It scratched my throat so bad, I did not sleep all night.

Good luck!!

Welcome, Yuli.

You'll get it out. And when you do, stick around awhile. Good group here.

Sorry you are going through this.

Mine has been the shell (thin yellow layer) going up in my gums and once getting it stuck in my throat. As much as I love popcorn, I have not eaten any since my last incident. Crazy but that is how uncomfortable it is - we hear you. Hang in there. Seems like you tried everything. Hopefully it won't be much longer before you feel better.

I recently had Vitamin C stuck on my throat and I was choking on it. I did not know whether to keep trying to make it go down with water, bread or cough it out - hacking. It scratched my throat so bad, I did not sleep all night.

Good luck!!
Thank you so much! I feel better knowing many people have been through the same thing. Im just ready for it to be gone and i can be myself again♡

Thank you so much! I feel better knowing many people have been through the same thing. Im just ready for it to be gone and i can be myself again♡

And after Dan posted - I had not realized it was your first post. :) Welcome to DISBOARDS!!!

So sorry you are going through this. It seems from everyone's experiences, there really is nothing you can do to get it out, it just has to move out when it's ready. It's been a while since you posted - I truly hope you are feeling some relief by now!
Welcome to the DISboards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter