Pop Century Room Renovations

Got in last night. 80s! Bldg 7. Went to food court. No 8packs of Water. Asked 2 CMs. Only have 24 pack of small 6oz bottles??? Said they haven’t carried the other for 2 yr? I know I read otherwise.

Man that's crazy. Pop is THE only resort I've read having so many issues with bottled water. I would see pictures of it for sale at Pop here on the DIS, have friends or family actually purchase some then 2 weeks later hear of people not being able to get some and Pop CMs look at them like they asked for poo poo on a stick. This has been happening for over 2 years. Yours is not an isolated issue and is truly mind boggling. Every other resort is selling the 8-packs and have no plans to change.

Anyway, have a Magical trip!!!

Got in last night. 80s! Bldg 7. Went to food court. No 8packs of Water. Asked 2 CMs. Only have 24 pack of small 6oz bottles??? Said they haven’t carried the other for 2 yr? I know I read otherwise.
We got 24 I think. But I’m pretty sure they were bigger than 6 oz I think. They weren’t 16 oz for sure. Hmmm. They fit exactly in the fridge if we laid them on their side with the tops facing forward. Not sure how deep the fridge was.

I think they carry two sizes. One for adults and one for kids meals. Maybe they brought you out a case of water that they use for the kids meals. Would you be able to check the fridges in the food court to see what sizes they have? Show them the size bottle you want.

Checking in next week. Staying 12/5-12/10 in a standard pool view room - just my husband and I. I'm trying to check in online. Under room location requests it is listing 101 Dalmatians Fantasia and Toy Story as choices, which are in the All Star Movies Resort, correct?

Last edited:

Man that's crazy. Pop is THE only resort I've read having so many issues with bottled water. I would see pictures of it for sale at Pop here on the DIS, have friends or family actually purchase some then 2 weeks later hear of people not being able to get some and Pop CMs look at them like they asked for poo poo on a stick. This has been happening for over 2 years. Yours is not an isolated issue and is truly mind boggling. Every other resort is selling the 8-packs and have no plans to change.

Anyway, have a Magical trip!!!
Who ordered the poo poo platter?

Sorry if this has been asked recently but this thread is seriously long! Is there a list somewhere of which buildings are refurbed? We have reservations 2/22-27.

Also, my son in law is a highly allergic asthmatic and a carpetless room would be fabulous for him. Would noting this help them to get one of the "new" rooms as opposed to a VIP cleaning?

I'm not usually super picky about my room so am unfamiliar with all of this.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked recently but this thread is seriously long! Is there a list somewhere of which buildings are refurbed? We have reservations 2/22-27.

Just as @musika stated, post #2 has the most updated information.

Also, my son in law is a highly allergic asthmatic and a carpetless room would be fabulous for him. Would noting this help them to get one of the "new" rooms as opposed to a VIP cleaning?

Yes it would.

I'm not usually super picky about my room so am unfamiliar with all of this.

Thanks!
I have looked and from two web sites the date may 2018 is the expected completion date.

I have looked and from two web sites the date may 2018 is the expected completion date.

May 2018 was the original anticipated completion date but they will not meet this date. Construction began 9 months ago next week and they are not yet 50% complete. Based on the length of time it's taken them to complete the first 4 buildings, it's anticipated the current one will not be completed until late Jan/early February and at that time they will have completed 50% of the room refurbishments.

There is not way possible that they will finish the remaining work in the next 6 months.

@jsmla I think if you look in post #2 of the thread you will find the ongoing updates
If anyone has any new updates to Bldg #6 with regard to Standard Rooms I would appreciate the info. Touring Plans is recommending 6413 thru 6420. Hoping someone can report if those rooms are now available or not. - Thanks!

I am arriving next weekend for a quick one night stay. Hoping to check out the new rooms so we can decide if we want to keep our reservation in Feb for Pop or the one for AKL. I put a refurbished room request on my reservation and am not on the fence about online check in. Maybe I should just request 80's or 90's, or do I just leave the room reservation note and not bother with online check in.... Thoughts?

I am arriving next weekend for a quick one night stay. Hoping to check out the new rooms so we can decide if we want to keep our reservation in Feb for Pop or the one for AKL. I put a refurbished room request on my reservation and am not on the fence about online check in. Maybe I should just request 80's or 90's, or do I just leave the room reservation note and not bother with online check in.... Thoughts?
I requested a refurbished room on the phone, but during on line check in and when looking at reservations details it doesn't show that request, nor is there a place to add it. Just showing a drop down menu with location request. I am curious as you are what buildings to ask for, if any at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter