Pop Century Room Renovations

Our rod did not telescope in September either. We managed OK with just the hanging space available, but it would have been nice to have the extra space with three adults in the room.
Ours appeared to have the capability to telescope out. It seems someone who stayed there before us had tried to pull it out too far. When I pulled it gently to telescope it out, the whole thing pulled off. The end of it was bent as if it had been pulled too hard at one point. I let the front desk know it was broken. I didn't ask them to repair it for us since we were only there two nights, but hopefully they will repair it for future guests.

Our rod did not telescope in September either. We managed OK with just the hanging space available, but it would have been nice to have the extra space with three adults in the room.
Our rod telescoped, but I pulled it too far out and it came off. It took a bit to get it back in correctly. It didn't seem to have a "stop" to prevent it from coming off all the way.

I would love it if they had the option to fold down some shelves in the closet unit (with small permanent pegs to hold the shelf in place) so you can use it for hanging space OR shelving. But I do realize that having "moving" parts just creates more options for parts breaking or not working.

As for ironing, I didn't iron once while there. I think it depends on the fit and fabric of clothing. A little spandex or stretch can make all the difference!

I did bring the Downy Wrinkle Release spray just in case, but never used it.

Ours appeared to have the capability to telescope out. It seems someone who stayed there before us had tried to pull it out too far. When I pulled it gently to telescope it out, the whole thing pulled off. The end of it was bent as if it had been pulled too hard at one point. I let the front desk know it was broken. I didn't ask them to repair it for us since we were only there two nights, but hopefully they will repair it for future guests.
Yeah, I wonder if the "bent" end is on purpose. I think I had the same issue. That's why it was difficult to get back on. It had to go back on a specific way. But I don't remember clearly what the end looked like. I just remember thinking it was damaged, and then thinking maybe it was supposed to be that way for some reason. But the reason couldn't be to prevent it from coming out all the way because it did. :confused3

Can someone tell me if the noise from people walking above on wood floor is loud.

Deb.
We didn't notice much sound. A few bumps one evening like our upstairs neighbors were moving suitcases, but otherwise we didn't experience any more noise than usual. We were in a first floor room.

Sent in a fax yesterday asking to stay in the 70s or 80s sections. Fingers crossed!
I call added requests, did the online check in requests, and then this faxed request.

If I don't get a refurb room though I think I'll be okay. :upsidedow

Just got back yesterday from a week at Pop! We had two rooms booked (4 adults) and our only request was 80s. We got our request, but strangely our two rooms were in different buildings. My husband and I had building 7, 3rd floor facing the pool, and the rest of our party were in building 9 facing the parking lot. It was kind of a bummer that they couldn't have at least put us in the same building since it was one reservation, but oh well.

We loved the new rooms! There was really a lot more storage space than I expected, even after having seen pics. The closet was small, but most of my clothes fit in drawers (I used cubbies for jeans and shorts), so it worked out fine. My favorite was the new bed! So incredibly comfortable. Sometimes we kept the Murphy bed up for extra space, but a few nights we slept in separate beds if we were especially tired and achey and wanted to stretch out. Pulling the bed down and putting it back was no trouble at all. (Mousekeeping did not put the bed away if we had it down.)

Overall it was a terrific stay! One day, Mousekeeping did not leave us soap, but a call to guest services on the room phone got us a soap delivery within 30 minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Some have periodically asked for info on how much the beverage coolers can hold, so here's a picture of ours tonight after filling it up. This is 28 water bottles with room for 2 more.

water B.JPG

We requested 90's, got 80's building 7. Our first time at Pop, can't imagine how a family of 4 can stay for a week in a room this size if not for all of the storage the refurbished rooms provide.

Everything in the room is beautiful. Do beware, the corners of the bed. These things are a serious problem. Sent me crumbling in agony already. My shin may never be the same. Nothing you can do though, it's just super tight. I think I'll be more aware of my surroundings before making any sudden movements around those beds the rest of the week.

I'm typing this on my computer, sitting at my makeshift desk, the dresser. Wish there was a table of some sort, sure, but there really isn't anywhere to comfortably put anything else in here. I will no longer voice any displeasure regarding the missing table/work space.

The USB ports, what a great convenience. We have 8 of them in use as I type. So nice night fighting over plugs, plugging things in the bathroom or on the floor in a corer. Love it.

Everything in the room is beautiful. Do beware, the corners of the bed. These things are a serious problem. Sent me crumbling in agony already. My shin may never be the same. Nothing you can do though, it's just super tight. I think I'll be more aware of my surroundings before making any sudden movements around those beds the rest of the week.

We found that the color of the floor and the bed were so similar that the bed didn’t register in our peripheral vision. We used the corners of a soda box (which were a bright color) and a couple rubber tipped bag clips to attach them to the corners made a big difference. We could remove them easily each morning and it didn’t damage the bed. If they painted the corners a bright color it would help, and it wouldn’t be visible when the bed is upright.

We found that the color of the floor and the bed were so similar that the bed didn’t register in our peripheral vision. We used the corners of a soda box (which were a bright color) and a couple rubber tipped bag clips to attach them to the corners made a big difference. We could remove them easily each morning and it didn’t damage the bed. If they painted the corners a bright color it would help, and it wouldn’t be visible when the bed is upright.
I bet they didn't even think about the corners of the bed being a problem.

I bet they didn't even think about the corners of the bed being a problem.

I’ll bet you’re right! I’ve often thought the room designer should have to live in the model for a week (with family members to give an accurate experience!) before the choices are finalized. Might eliminate things like the bed corners here, the shower heads that only spray in a wide cone that you can stand in without getting your head wet, and the gorgeous sconces in the master bathroom when BLT first opened that cast ghastly shadows on your face & made it almost impossible to shave or put on makeup.

I’ll bet you’re right! I’ve often thought the room designer should have to live in the model for a week (with family members to give an accurate experience!) before the choices are finalized. Might eliminate things like the bed corners here, the shower heads that only spray in a wide cone that you can stand in without getting your head wet, and the gorgeous sconces in the master bathroom when BLT first opened that cast ghastly shadows on your face & made it almost impossible to shave or put on makeup.
That’s not a bad idea honestly! I’m a teacher and this same thing happens with text books. More often than not the people who make our curriculum aren’t teachers and use wording that doesn’t work with young kids.

Can someone tell me if the noise from people walking above on wood floor is loud.

Deb.

If we had people living above us during our stay I couldn't hear them at all.

The noise complaint I have is folks who let their doors continuously bang closed against the metal latches. Jeez that drives me crazy. It seems to reverberate through the whole building. Mousekeeping is one of the main culprits of this.

If we had people living above us during our stay I couldn't hear them at all.

The noise complaint I have is folks who let their doors continuously bang closed against the metal latches. Jeez that drives me crazy. It seems to reverberate through the whole building. Mousekeeping is one of the main culprits of this.

I've found that to be the worst noise we've had to deal with as well (though never anything that ruined our vacation). I always try to make sure to "gently" close the door as we come and go from our room though I know it doesn't happen every time. We also found that when we stayed at AoA for the first time, our room was right by the door to the staircase. *NO ONE* closes that door quietly. That door slammed shut every time someone came through it. Fortunately we were on the fourth floor and there were very few people using the staircase. But it was annoying enough that I made sure we weren't near a staircase door on our next two trips.

I've found that to be the worst noise we've had to deal with as well (though never anything that ruined our vacation). I always try to make sure to "gently" close the door as we come and go from our room though I know it doesn't happen every time. We also found that when we stayed at AoA for the first time, our room was right by the door to the staircase. *NO ONE* closes that door quietly. That door slammed shut every time someone came through it. Fortunately we were on the fourth floor and there were very few people using the staircase. But it was annoying enough that I made sure we weren't near a staircase door on our next two trips.
OMG we had that same problem at AK. We only lasted a night and then asked to be moved because we couldn't stand another night hearing that fire door slam all night.

Got in last night. 80s! Bldg 7. Went to food court. No 8packs of Water. Asked 2 CMs. Only have 24 pack of small 6oz bottles??? Said they haven’t carried the other for 2 yr? I know I read otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter