Pop Century Room Renovations

Sounds like you had a great trip! So if you opt out of mousekeeping, but want your sheets changed, they will charge you for it? I wonder if you can stop by the front desk (or have them delivered, along with toiletries/coffee refills) to get them and change them yourself and save the $10?

To be honest I’m not sure if picking up or delivering sheets is an option - although I don’t see why not.

They charged us because we had our room completely serviced that day. It was nice having it done mid-stay on a 13 night trip but we really don’t need housekeeping every day. I’m not sure how much service they consider charge worthy.

I’ll take out my garbage, make my bed (sort of) and drop off used towels to the housekeeping carts but I draw the line at changing my sheets while on vacation ;).

To be honest I’m not sure if picking up or delivering sheets is an option - although I don’t see why not.

They charged us because we had our room completely serviced that day. It was nice having it done mid-stay on a 13 night trip but we really don’t need housekeeping every day. I’m not sure how much service they consider charge worthy.

I’ll take out my garbage, make my bed (sort of) and drop off used towels to the housekeeping carts but I draw the line at changing my sheets while on vacation ;).
I didn't realize you could have your sheets changed and just pay the $10.00. They told me it was all or nothing. I would have had them change the sheets if I knew that. Still not a deal breaker for me though because we shower before we get in bed, but yeah, sheets changed at least once in 16 nights would have been nice. LOL.

I thought I read somewhere that they would come clean the room on day 5 even if you declined housekeeping. Has that changed or was it incorrect?

I thought I read somewhere that they would come clean the room on day 5 even if you declined housekeeping. Has that changed or was it incorrect?
It changed. When I checked in she told me it recently changed to "all or nothing." I don't remember what words she used but it was for length of stay. So housekeeping for length of stay, or no housekeeping for length of stay.

It changed. When I checked in she told me it recently changed to "all or nothing." I don't remember what words she used but it was for length of stay. So housekeeping for length of stay, or no housekeeping for length of stay.

Well, that's good to know at least. We check in Friday for 12 nights and I'm planning on declining housekeeping.

Here now in building 10! The room is AWESOME. It is beyond nice to be able to put the Murphy bed up. The mattresses are super comfortable, plenty of pillows. The coffee stand is a game changer - it’s like a little pantry! Our fridge is not super cold.

We have a pack n play and a double stroller but the room doesn’t feel cramped.

Floor seems fine - we’ve been taking off our shoes and wearing socks/slippers.

Bathroom is well lit, roomy and lots of storage. Shower is great and water pressure is good too!

We are on the second floor with no noise issues....although at night we do have a sound machine on for the kids.

All in all we are so so happy here. Makes it much more comfortable for our family.

The only downside is that the dresser drawers are very shallow!

TV is AWESOME though

Just watched a video on the new rooms. Do they all have only that teeny-tiny space to hang up clothes? The rooms look great otherwise, but that miniscule hanging space wouldn't work for me.

Just watched a video on the new rooms. Do they all have only that teeny-tiny space to hang up clothes? The rooms look great otherwise, but that miniscule hanging space wouldn't work for me.
Did the video show the part of the hanging rod that can be extended outside the closet, in front of the ironing board? That increases (possibly doubles) the hanging space. It is a telescoping rod.

Did the video show the part of the hanging rod that can be extended outside the closet, in front of the ironing board? That increases (possibly doubles) the hanging space. It is a telescoping rod.

Nope. That makes a big difference! I watched a few videos, and no one showed the rod opening up. Thanks!

Had friends staying in connecting rooms in building 10 this last week...2 adults and 4 kids. They were notified that engineering needed them to vacate one of thier rooms, but of course had to move both. They moved from 3rd floor to 1st. To compensate them they gave them 18 FP per day for any park for the rest of their stay. That was Tuesday and they leave today. Only restriction was FOP or Frozen. They also have a 1.5 year old, so with rider swaps, that's a lot of FP's. Still not sure why they had to move, but seems worth it.

Had friends staying in connecting rooms in building 10 this last week...2 adults and 4 kids. They were notified that engineering needed them to vacate one of thier rooms, but of course had to move both. They moved from 3rd floor to 1st. To compensate them they gave them 18 FP per day for any park for the rest of their stay. That was Tuesday and they leave today. Only restriction was FOP or Frozen. They also have a 1.5 year old, so with rider swaps, that's a lot of FP's. Still not sure why they had to move, but seems worth it.
I really don’t like that that is their solution to everything. It makes the FP line very long and in turn makes the standby line even longer. They either need to compensate with credit back to you or find a different solution. Seems to me like they are getting rid of the point of having FP in the first place.

I really don’t like that that is their solution to everything. It makes the FP line very long and in turn makes the standby line even longer. They either need to compensate with credit back to you or find a different solution. Seems to me like they are getting rid of the point of having FP in the first place.
I know what you mean. It's a way for Disney to compensate guests without losing actual money. I see why they do it. If they don't want to lose "money" they should at least give a Disney gift card, that way the guest spends money they may not have spent and that money goes back to Disney anyway.

18 FPs for 6 guests is only 3 FPs per guest each day. It's not THAT bad. I guess it depends on how often they do that.

When they closed the Navi River ride 2 hours earlier than scheduled for a private party, they switched the last two hours of FPs to anytime FPs for the day. We waited an extra HOUR for Navi River. Of course we didn't realize why until later. The FP line was busy and they let ALL the FPs in line go first so it wouldn't get backed up. It was really unfair. We would have never waited on the line if we knew it would cause that much of a delay.

Can someone tell me if the noise from people walking above on wood floor is loud.

Deb.
Sorry, I was on the top floor, so I can't say. But I'm pretty sure they use the foam sheeting under the flooring for insulation of cold and sound. Not sure it's as effective as carpet and padding though.

We used slippers and walk normal so I'm pretty sure the guests under us didn't hear a thing.

Theoretically the rod should telescope out. Ours was broken...already. Building 10, we stayed there Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Our rod did not telescope in September either. We managed OK with just the hanging space available, but it would have been nice to have the extra space with three adults in the room.

Our rod did not telescope in September either. We managed OK with just the hanging space available, but it would have been nice to have the extra space with three adults in the room.

Grr. I like to be able to hang up my clothes. I dislike having to iron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!