Pooh Goes to TDR- a trip report- COMPLETE

As we are planning a RTW trip in 2021, I love to read TRs about all the parks we're going to visit. That said, I loved your report so much and my DD and I laughed at all the funny things (those Jungle Cruise signs are the best!) and observations in your report. As a popcorn lover, I especially enjoyed your take on the various flavors throughout the park - and I will stay away from the Soy Sauce popcorn - thanks!

I've told my DD that the Toy Story FP running will be her job - those pics made it quite clear that I don't want to do it:)

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us!

I know your TR is now about a year old but I enjoyed reading it. Great cultural tips. And good to hear about your experience as a pooh sized traveler since that is something our group needs to consider.

Thank you so much for this detailed trip report! We are going in May and there is so much less info available for TDR than American parks. You answered a lot of our questions - especially about food portions. My husband and I thought we would starve on Japanese portions! Regarding the show lottery, is it like fast pass? Do you scan your tickets and it tells you you won or failed? And any tips on getting a Gelatoni? Will I feel odd as a 6'2 Caucasian man carring him around the park . One more question, is Toy Story Midway Mania the same as Disneyland? We ride it at least once a month here, would you recommend still riding the Japanese version? Thanks again! I know the time it takes to do a great trip report and you get ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Regarding the show lottery, is it like fast pass? Do you scan your tickets and it tells you you won or failed? And any tips on getting a Gelatoni? Will I feel odd as a 6'2 Caucasian man carring him around the park . One more question, is Toy Story Midway Mania the same as Disneyland? We ride it at least once a month here, would you recommend still riding the Japanese version?

The lottery is just like a Fast Pass - scan your ticket and you're either lucky or not. Although Tokyo does use a lottery system, from memory the first show of each day does not require a winning lotto ticket and I think you can still go to ... Big Band Beat without a winning lotto ticket, but the seats aren't as good.

Here is an excellent guide: http://tdrexplorer.com/how-to-use-the-lottery-system-at-tokyo-disney-resort/

From memory, Gelatoni is available everywhere, but is possibly more popular at DisneySea. Whether you would feel odd or not is up to you. Duffy and his friends are mostly carried by female locals, but why not join in the fun. There are dedicated photo spots around the parks for Gelatoni as well (i.e. little "platforms" to place them on and take photos).

From memory, Toy Story Mania is very similar. I personally can't remember any major differences, but it was over 12 months between riding each version.

I just spent the last three days here ( Tuesday Wednesday Thursday ) . It's my 7th time visiting over the last 16 years and it is most likely my last . Park was guesstimated to be 49 percent full on those crappy crowd calendar sites which I guess means at least three hour waits for rides and 1 hour and a half wait for stuff like popcorn .

It's just become way too crowded and just one big huge massive disappointment for my wife and kids . Plus with shanghai being opened now it's actually easier , quicker , and cheaper for us to fly out of the country ( we live in Japan most of the year ) and go to the china( or even Hong Kong ) resort.

I'll never waiste my time or money on this place again .

A little sad because they are beautiful parks .

I just spent the last three days here ( Tuesday Wednesday Thursday ) . It's my 7th time visiting over the last 16 years and it is most likely my last . Park was guesstimated to be 49 percent full on those crappy crowd calendar sites which I guess means at least three hour waits for rides and 1 hour and a half wait for stuff like popcorn .

It's just become way too crowded and just one big huge massive disappointment for my wife and kids . Plus with shanghai being opened now it's actually easier , quicker , and cheaper for us to fly out of the country ( we live in Japan most of the year ) and go to the china( or even Hong Kong ) resort.

I'll never waiste my time or money on this place again .

A little sad because they are beautiful parks .

You already posted this in another thread? Double post?

I'm late to the party but I loved your trip report and it was so helpful. Thank you

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm going for the first time in late May. I'm very excited but also a little nervous because I don't speak any Japanese. I'm also planning to stay at the Sheraton. Either that or the Hilton.
I do have a few questions: If I buy a popcorn bucket the first day can I get refills of different flavors all the other days I'm there or is the special refill price only good for the day of purchase? Also, the french martini you ordered at Teddy Roosevelt, please advise what is in it.

Thanks again for the entertaining and informative trip report.

Hi

Kudos for your trip report. Awesome job with well thought out details. I stayed up way past my bedtime reading it.
Really helpful for planning our upcoming trip.
Thanks

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm going for the first time in late May. I'm very excited but also a little nervous because I don't speak any Japanese. I'm also planning to stay at the Sheraton. Either that or the Hilton.
I do have a few questions: If I buy a popcorn bucket the first day can I get refills of different flavors all the other days I'm there or is the special refill price only good for the day of purchase? Also, the french martini you ordered at Teddy Roosevelt, please advise what is in it.

Thanks again for the entertaining and informative trip report.

Not op, but for the popcorn you don't have to just use it that day. There were many locals that were still using buckets that were many years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter