Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becx - Hope you hear better news today...I would be jumping out of my skin in total frustration, don't know how you are doing it.

Just wanted to send my good wishes to Becx and Gav. Boy, I hope you can get your travel arrangements figured out soon.

Thanks guys :goodvibes UK airspace is now open, hoping it will stay like that - it's just been so up and down! Looking at car hire from Calais to drive to Barcelona they wanted £1000 (about $1500 :scared1:)

It's such a shame a few people due to go on the cruise have had their flights cancelled and can't get on any flights now :sad2: at least we have an alternative.

Happy Tuesday all!

I have finally tracked down my parents and gotten that mess all settled. They did a Holland America transatlantic cruise. They were to fly home Monday from Rome. They stayed on the ship and are now headed for Greece. :worship: We tried to get extra health insurance for them, but were unsuccessful so had to track them down and let them know. I finally got confirmation from the cruise line of their whereabouts, and had an email sent to the ship to tell them to call home. They are hoping to fly home from one of the ports on this itinerary. I just hope they have a blast and make it home before I have to leave - they are my pet-sitters!

Becx and Gav - I hope you get your travel mess sorted out. My parents got to stay on the ship due to the number of people who couldn't make it to Rome.

My kudos to Holland America, I spent all day working on this yesterday. They have been most helpful and they are up to their eyeballs in complaints from people who can't take their cruises.

If anyone wants a list of what information to leave behind, my list is growing by the day based on what we have had to clean up for them.

Wow sounds like a head ache, it's always those things you don't think of to sort out something like that. I'm glad they were able to get accomadation - that's been one of the biggest problems for some.

Thanks Donna - it's looking much better now but as I said it's been up and down. We're counting ourselves lucky that our flight may still go, some others have had a nightmare :hug:

Hello fellow cruisers!!!

I am officially done with my Bachelors degree! Last class was last night and commencement is one week from Saturday. I can't tell you just how RELIEVED I am to be done!

So now that I don't have homework to occupy my every waking moment...I hope to be here much, much more often! :wave2:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Well done on all your hard work, you must be so proud :goodvibes It'll be good to see more peeps over here - esp. as the ABD trip has been and gone.

Sorry not sure, I would guess at a suite :confused3 Have you looked at the new stateroom floor plans?

Hello fellow cruisers!!!

I am officially done with my Bachelors degree! Last class was last night and commencement is one week from Saturday. I can't tell you just how RELIEVED I am to be done!

So now that I don't have homework to occupy my every waking moment...I hope to be here much, much more often! :wave2:

:dance3: :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

Hello fellow cruisers!!!

Congratulations, Brandie!:cool1:

Hello fellow cruisers!!!

Way to go B!!!
highfive.gif

Thank you everyone! Having no degree has been hanging over my head for years. I tried to do the college thing right out of high school, but I just wasn't ready. While I have no idea what I want to do with the degree yet, at least I have it! :dance3:

I do plan to move forward and get my Masters. I'm looking at an MBA with a focus in Project Management. But I don't plan to even start that until the Fall...so I have the whole Summer to play! :woohoo:

Congrats Brandie!

Becx I hope they get the clearance to keep flying. It's such a mess and I agree, it's really too bad that some people's vacations are at risk or ruined becuase of this.

Everyone else~ Hi!

It was another typical crazy day for me. I thought I was doing well, getting stuff taken care of and they sent new trainees to me and there went the rest of my morning. I think I may just pass out if I ever get everything on my to do list accomplished. Other than the craziness at work, it was just another crummy day in paradise.... :upsidedow

I got a goodie the other night when I was at DHS with the kids. DH was going to buy it for me at Christmas time but they were all out being framed. http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_fantasmic_cel.html I got the one with the limited edition pin in the cutout window. I am beginning to have quite a collection of Disney art. If I keep it up, I'll have to add on a room just for the extra wall space. :rotfl:

Morning all, happy hump day :cool1: :cool1:

So far so good, planes are leaving and it's looking like they will keep doing that. There are reports the wind direction will change on Sat/Sun too helping to push the ash away from us :thumbsup2

Hope you all have a great day :goodvibes I'm hoping the Podcast goes up today so we can hear it tonight :woohoo:

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers - Happy Wednesday!!!

36_23_13.gif

Congratulations Brandie!!

I hope the number of flights continue to improve for all our European Cruise bound Friends.

I start Physical Therapy on my Knee tonight after work, when I go for the initial evaluation. I hope they don't want to see me too many times as I will go broke with the insurance co-pay.

Happy Wednesday Computernut Friends!!!!!!

In two weeks, two hours and two minutes, I'll be leaving my office to go visit Mickey and Figment and Nemo and get Muddy for Give Kids the World.

I'm a bit excited. I need to get packing!!!!!!!

Hello fellow cruisers!!!

Congratulations!!!! I am just starting back to school. I expect 2 years should do it this time around.

Congrats Brandie!

Becx I hope they get the clearance to keep flying. It's such a mess and I agree, it's really too bad that some people's vacations are at risk or ruined becuase of this.

Everyone else~ Hi!

It was another typical crazy day for me. I thought I was doing well, getting stuff taken care of and they sent new trainees to me and there went the rest of my morning. I think I may just pass out if I ever get everything on my to do list accomplished. Other than the craziness at work, it was just another crummy day in paradise.... :upsidedow

I got a goodie the other night when I was at DHS with the kids. DH was going to buy it for me at Christmas time but they were all out being framed. http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_fantasmic_cel.html I got the one with the limited edition pin in the cutout window. I am beginning to have quite a collection of Disney art. If I keep it up, I'll have to add on a room just for the extra wall space. :rotfl:

Love this! it looks great!

In two weeks, two hours and two minutes, I'll be leaving my office to go visit Mickey and Figment and Nemo and get Muddy for Give Kids the World.

:banana::cheer2:

Happy Wednesday everyone! I am sooo happy the airspace opened up! Now things can get back to normal for so many...and my petsitters should be back in time for my trip! Now I just have to convince them to look after a couple of guinea pigs as well as the old and crotchety kitty. :rolleyes1

Paul - Just checked out your pictures this morning. Most Excellent! I'm so ready for December now....It's On!!!! :thumbsup2

I have Two Weeks 1 day and 23 hours until I catch my plane. I can't wait to see everyone again!!

I have to do Laundry :laundy: before I can pack, which will commence on Derby Day.

Good luck with PT.

I start Physical Therapy on my Knee tonight after work, when I go for the initial evaluation. I hope they don't want to see me too many times as I will go broke with the insurance co-pay.

Just uograded post-cruise hotel. Guess I need to redo ticker - yet again.:rotfl:

Is there a thread for the next meet and Muddy Buddy events? I want to try to spend some time with my fellow cruisers.

Wow, I've got the news on and they're saying temps this weekend could be almost 90° this weekend.

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers - Happy Wednesday!!!

36_23_13.gif

Congratulations Brandie!!

I hope the number of flights continue to improve for all our European Cruise bound Friends.

Oh Tracey I hope all goes well :hug: I hope it's a case of them showing you exercises and then you can do those by yourself :thumbsup2

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nice one Todd, have fun getting all muddy - I'm sure it will be a great time :thumbsup2 Safe trip :goodvibes

I have Two Weeks 1 day and 23 hours until I catch my plane. I can't wait to see everyone again!!

I have to do Laundry :laundy: before I can pack, which will commence on Derby Day.

Safe flight Tracey, I hope your knee is feeling better by then too ;)

Happy Thursday folks - at least with all this hoo haa going on the week has gone quick for me, I hate when it drags and Tuesday feels like Thursday :rolleyes: Just got some last minute things to do tonight and off to my Dad's tomorrow night. I have never been so glad to have to get up at 3.30am to catch a flight :rotfl: I would do that any day over spending 24 hours on trains :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone, it's a gorgeous day here and this weekend is supposed to be lovely too :goodvibes

Oh Tracey I hope all goes well :hug: I hope it's a case of them showing you exercises and then you can do those by yourself :thumbsup2

Safe flight Tracey, I hope your knee is feeling better by then too ;)
Thanks Becky, they gave me 5 exercises to do at home and right now have me coming twice a week. They are working on strengthening my muscles above and below my knee, so that I have better support.

Happy Thursday folks - at least with all this hoo haa going on the week has gone quick for me, I hate when it drags and Tuesday feels like Thursday :rolleyes: Just got some last minute things to do tonight and off to my Dad's tomorrow night. I have never been so glad to have to get up at 3.30am to catch a flight :rotfl: I would do that any day over spending 24 hours on trains :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone, it's a gorgeous day here and this weekend is supposed to be lovely too :goodvibes

Have a safe trip Becky & Gav! Relax and Enjoy the cruise!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!

This cruise seems closer and closer...especially now that Pete and his entourage are about to embark on their cruise. :banana::yay::banana:

I know I should start thinking about pre and post cruise stays....maybe in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter