Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just felt like sharing what I did as a result of being bored today!

ribbon-vi.png

Isn't it cute?! :goodvibes

:rotfl::thumbsup2

OK, I just ordered a couple for my stateroom door! Boredom=Shopping!!

Hi! I just felt like sharing what I did as a result of being bored today!

ribbon-vi.png

Isn't it cute?! :goodvibes

This is great, stay out of the lakes and away from volcanoes :laughing:

Spent the whole weekend looking at other ways to get to Barcelona. Not looking easy or cheap but we really want to get on the cruise :sad2:
Barcelona airport is now closed until 4pm their time (6 hours ahead os east coast USA) as the cloud heads south.

Hoping the test flights will show that it's safe to fly and things can get moving. It's the uncertainty that's getting me - if we knew we definitely can't fly we'll book other means of getting there (train, ferry and either a train of hire car)

This is great, stay out of the lakes and away from volcanoes :laughing:

Spent the whole weekend looking at other ways to get to Barcelona. Not looking easy or cheap but we really want to get on the cruise :sad2:
Barcelona airport is now closed until 4pm their time (6 hours ahead os east coast USA) as the cloud heads south.

Hoping the test flights will show that it's safe to fly and things can get moving. It's the uncertainty that's getting me - if we knew we definitely can't fly we'll book other means of getting there (train, ferry and either a train of hire car)

since the cloud is moving south, it's looking worse for you, not better..
are the british test flights going up today?
i guess you can wait to see what they say...
but i think tomorrow should be it for you.....if they stay closed tomorrow, then you'll have to go ahead and at the very least reserve the ferry...

Wow, just wow! Thanks so much for these photos, you made a cruise newbie very happy and excited for the cruise! :upsidedow

I showed them to Pam last night. I am pretty sure we will be returning with one of them after our next cruise.

The D&B bags are screaming at me! TAKE US HOME!!! Thank goodness Mother's Day is coming up. :teeth:

I'm drooling too! I'm not really a purse gal but I love these. DH has heard about them almost daily since I saw the post over on FB. Funny little aside, I work with 2 Disney employees (WoD Store) and my neighbor works at DHS but I knew about the new design before any of them. DISsers rock!

Wow, just wow! Thanks so much for these photos, you made a cruise newbie very happy and excited for the cruise! :upsidedow

Newbie here too and after looking at those, I'm wishing we could go tomorrow. Oh, wait....... maybe I'll have to book another cruise............ hey, that's a great idea! Hey honey!!!!......

Good Morning Friends!! Happy Monday!!

Love the Pictures Paul & Mike!!

Becky & Gav - I hope everything works out for you and you are able to make it onto your cruise.

Stilll watching the ash, or have you made other plans? :confused:

Wish I were going on cruise.:mad:

We think the most convenient way is to get a Eurostar train London to Paris and then a sleeper train Paris to Barcelona - takes about 24 hours all together. The question is if/when do we book it? If they start flying again we'll fly, but then what if they cancel flights again Friday night and then we have no way of getting there on time. We don't want to (if we can avoid it) spend a lot of money on train tickets and then find out we can fly!
I think we'll set a cut off date of Tues evening and then decide.

For those coming from the USA they seem to be ok if flying into Barcelona but some have booked flights via Heathrow :sad2: I feel so bad for them as they can't re-book to get direct to Spain, I just hope they open up some Trans Atlantic routes to futher North in Europe to get them most of the way.

I think if you were doing this cruise or potentially the second Med cruise you'd only feel safe once you were in Spain :sad2:

It sounds like the UK Government have finally started to try and get people back home - most via Spain and then on Naval or commercial ships! This can't go on like it is at the moment.

I'm hoping the meeting tonight will allow some more flights although the UK will probably be the last area affect :rolleyes:

Wow, just...WOW. Those pictures are gorgeous. Makes me more anxious to get on the darned boat.

Becky - Good luck getting everything straightened out to go on your cruise!

Thanks everyone - they are opening UK airports gradually tomorrow. It's looking better and I hope they stay open :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone - they are opening UK airports gradually tomorrow. It's looking better and I hope they stay open :thumbsup2

Hey Becx,
If we all look east and collectively blow a big breath your way (after brushing our teeth of course), do you suppose that would help? I'll point my fans eastward, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter