Pocahontas II Journey To A New World

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
One of my favorite movies is Pocahontas II Journey To A New World and as a fan of the original Pocahontas I was so hyped to learn about the sequel and once I saw it I fell in love with it and Pocahontas is much improved in this sequel and she even got her very own horse too. My favorite scene is when Grandmother Willow told Pocahontas to listen to the spirit within and I mimic that scene a lot when I see it but the real show stealer is Jean Stapleton as Mrs. Jenkins and I can't believe how good Edith Bunker could sing. But I thought all and all that Pocahontas and John Rolfe were great as crushes but when John Smith finally showed up I cannot believe that he still loved Pocahontas even though there was a new crush for Pocahontas but they remained just friends at the end and John Rolfe and Pocahontas made a great couple and the end title song was great

How Disney came up with a good sequel to Pocahontas i'll never be able to solve the mystery but Disney managed to do it very well. This is one Disney sequel that I really adore watching because it's got adventure action and romance rolled into one awesome movie. I have to say the beginning of the movie is sort of odd because why did Radcliffe have to be such a drama queen to the king when he was trying to say he tried to save John Smith but he was just innocent and didn't cause his death when John Smith really didn't even die in the movie? That part was confusing to me but when the movie actually begins it's really good. And when John Rolfe first appears when he gets off the ship Pocahontas is so rude to him and didn't say sorry when his horse ran away when it got spooked but it least she became nice to John Rolfe when he gives her the horse as a gift of peace. But I can say that this sequel was one of the last good sequels that Disney made so well and in real life the real Pocahontas was married to John Rolfe and renamed herself Rebecca when they moved to England but you can see the romance start to grow as John Rolfe and Pocahontas become crushes and it makes a perfect love story for Pocahontas II Journey To A New World and Billy Zane was wonderful as John Rolfe considering he was also in Titanic as well and he should be more well known in animated movies a lot more. But this movie is so worthy of watching

I've seen this one and it's not bad. It is a little weird to have Pocahontas change love interests, but it is what happened in real life (well, Pocahontas was never romantically involbed with Smith, she was too young). One part that is always shocking to me is the bear batiing scene - I almost can't believe that's in a Disney movie! But Pocahontas of course intervense and puts a stop to it. Still, that's pretty intense.

Last edited:
I think it was wrong for Pocahontas to be locked up in the Tower Of London when the scene with the bear happened. I mean she was only trying to be a heroine and help the bear and save it. If they would've listened to Pocahontas when she told the jesters to stop Pocahontas would've not been locked up in the tower but at least while John Rolfe went to visit Pocahontas when she was in the tower she found John Smith and he was able to help Pocahontas. Now that's a hero in my book. The other part I love about Pocahontas II Journey To A New World is the songs and when you hear Where Do I Go From Here you can hear Judy Kuhn's amazing voice shine through each lyric but the song that is my favorite in the movie is Things Are Not What They Appear because it's such a powerful song and is like Mine, Mine, Mine, from the original Pocahontas and you hear Radcliffe be tough as you listen to the lyrics

I think it was wrong for Pocahontas to be locked up in the Tower Of London when the scene with the bear happened. I mean she was only trying to be a heroine and help the bear and save it. If they would've listened to Pocahontas when she told the jesters to stop Pocahontas would've not been locked up in the tower but at least while John Rolfe went to visit Pocahontas when she was in the tower she found John Smith and he was able to help Pocahontas. Now that's a hero in my book. The other part I love about Pocahontas II Journey To A New World is the songs and when you hear Where Do I Go From Here you can hear Judy Kuhn's amazing voice shine through each lyric but the song that is my favorite in the movie is Things Are Not What They Appear because it's such a powerful song and is like Mine, Mine, Mine, from the original Pocahontas and you hear Radcliffe be tough as you listen to the lyrics

Well, yeah, the men who were going to kill a bear for entertainment were not very good people. We are supposed to sympathise with Pocahontas, though that is through our modern lens. There was a time when such things were common and many didn't see animals as worth anything. It's sad really. It's a pretty intense scene to put in the movie.

Why I also think Disney made Pocahontas II Journey To A New World was that they were planning to make a trilogy series of Pocahontas and this movie's end was the cliffhanger to the debut of Pocahontas III if it was existing. Because I think Disney had a lot of plans for Pocahontas with this sequel but moved on to focus on other movies. I also can't get over how in Pocahontas II I think they modeled Nakoma after the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the group TLC and I think Disney used her as inspiration for Nakoma. Because when you see Lisa Lopes in photos with TLC she looks like Nakoma and Nakoma is Lisa Lopes animated. But the one annoying character in Pocahontas II was her bodyguard and I don't know why he was needed in the film and he mostly grunted and his name I can't even pronounce but I think he was mainly added for comic relief to the film

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest