Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

Did a super quick skim through so may have missed this, but when pre-booking, does the LLSP need to be at the same park as the initial three LLMP?

The original Reddit post this comes from confirms it was just a random phone CM. I believe the outlets that were reporting on the international issue gathered the information straight from Disney through their more reliable contact points there.
I believe all sources equal right about now. Disney has not said anything either way publicly. One source is just as wrong as another right now.

Conversations today with multiple people at Disney tech support all say the same thing: As of right now visitors from outside the U.S. WILL NOT be able to purchase LLs in advance of their arrival.
Also as of right now no one, and I repeat, no one can pre-purchase the LLs because this system doesn't go into effect until July 24th.

I think we may have overthinking the situation.

Exactly this. When I spoke to a lovely cm this morning she had no idea what I was talking about. She read the entire info page to me that she was given, then found it hidden in the footnotes. She then went to her team lead, who confirmed the rule. She was so embarrassed that she hadnt had the correct information.

And people can get on wdwnt all they want, but if it puts pressure on Disney to either confirm, deny, or change the policy, i’m all for it. It shouldn’t be on the frontline cast members to navigate this with incomplete information. Canadians may be polite, but you come for our coins and we will rage.
I just went on the Canadian Disney World site and notice it just says changes coming to Genie+. On the US site there is a link to click on explaining these changes, which is absent from the Canadian site. If that’s what you are actually seeing in Canada, I would assume there’s nothing definitive yet or else they would have a link. At least I hope so for your sake. 🤞

At this point there at far too many unknowns. We have no idea how much inventory Disney will be releasing for pre-selects. May be no issues booking tier 1 rides on park days. We will know more over the next couple of months.
We do know the overall ride capacity is not changing. It may well be that the 7-day advance bookers can't get everything they want, especially for the first day(s) of their trip. We don't know if you will be able to modify your prebooks. We don't know how pricing will work - in the sense we don't know what the price will be.

We don't know how easily users will be able to modify their selections on the day of use.

I don’t know that I would ever count a phone CM as a source, is all I mean. They’re notorious for not having correct info especially immediately after a change is announced.
That is the source a lot of people are quoting to be fair. I've also heard conflicting information about what people's TAs have said and the info they have got from their sources. My point was that until Disney makes an OFFICIAL statement (which I don't doubt will happen in the next few weeks after all the misinformation one way or another) no answer is correct.

Also as of right now no one, and I repeat, no one can pre-purchase the LLs because this system doesn't go into effect until July 24th.

I think we may have overthinking the situation.
Yes, I am aware no one can make purchases right now. I was referring conversations I had with tech support regarding the official announcement made by Disney on their (US) site (not showing for us Canadians) that international guests are not able to purchase in advance. That statement is clear, black and white, no overthinking necessary - can't be done outside the U.S.

The "right now" was their language, which I suppose since that is true of anything and everything in the world, is pretty meaningless.

We do know the overall ride capacity is not changing. It may well be that the 7-day advance bookers can't get everything they want, especially for the first day(s) of their trip. We don't know if you will be able to modify your prebooks. We don't know how pricing will work - in the sense we don't know what the price will be.

We don't know how easily users will be able to modify their selections on the day of use.
You can modify the prebookings. This is from the FAQ's on the Disney website…
Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 6.06.03 PM.png

You can modify the prebookings. This is from the FAQ's on the Disney website…
View attachment 871298
Yes, thanks I saw that just after my initial post. Hopefully it is similar to (later) G+. In the early days of G+, it was possible to modify, but first you had to cancel.

I would anticipate similar patterns when it comes to availability, and that it would be difficult to modify a Slinky pass due to limited availability, especially if Disney keeps some inventory for 3-day bookers and International guests.

But this doesn't change with the new system ... if anything, I think I'll be on my phone MORE.
Totally disagree! My whole family noticed I was on my cell more when we used G+. From getting up early to book our 1st and then setting alarms for every 2 hours and again after getting off a G+ ride. Now I do not have to make sure I am up before 7 and do not have to touch my phone until after our 1st ride. I was able to work G+, but we much preferred FP+ for those reasons.
ADDED: Plus there was nothing worse then being almost on a ride and your next G+ pick is only a couple minutes away. Stuff like this I should not have to worry about and now I won't. My DW reminded me of this, funny but also sad.

Last edited:
Totally disagree! My whole family noticed I was on my cell more when we used G+. From getting up early to book our 1st and then setting alarms for every 2 hours and again after getting off a G+ ride. Now I do not have to make sure I am up before 7 and do not have to touch my phone until after our 1st ride. I was able to work G+, but we much preferred FP+ for those reasons.
ADDED: Plus there was nothing worse then being almost on a ride and your next G+ pick is only a couple minutes away. Stuff like this I should not have to worry about and now I won't. My DW reminded me of this, funny but also sad.
To each his or her own. I definitely used my phone more with FP+ than I did G+. I'm really sad about this change. I loved same day, real time selections. MaxPass out at DLR was the best skip the line service Disney has offered. Super bummed out about having to plan my days ahead of time as it takes the joy out of being in the moment!

Yes, I am aware no one can make purchases right now. I was referring conversations I had with tech support regarding the official announcement made by Disney on their (US) site (not showing for us Canadians) that international guests are not able to purchase in advance. That statement is clear, black and white, no overthinking necessary - can't be done outside the U.S.

The "right now" was their language, which I suppose since that is true of anything and everything in the world, is pretty meaningless.
As I posted earlier, when G+ first can out Canadian had to use a VPN to look at LL times (if you had a non dated ticket and park pass).

This got corrected within 4 months or so after launch as I remember it was resolved sometime before my March trip (G+ launched the previous October).

I would think this is a similar issue and they will get around to fixing...but it sucks for those affected in the interim.

Did a super quick skim through so may have missed this, but when pre-booking, does the LLSP need to be at the same park as the initial three LLMP?
If you have a hopper or AP it should let you book the individual one at different park than your multi selections. The first Genie system did. You could buy Tron and Guardians and book first 7am G+LL at AK. I think that ability will remain.

I understood your original post completely. Sorry I was just trying to be funny but apparently it didn't work.

If you have a hopper or AP it should let you book the individual one at different park than your multi selections. The first Genie system did. You could buy Tron and Guardians and book first 7am G+LL at AK. I think that ability will remain.
Agree!

To take it a step further, I don't get why Disney doesn't allow you to book at more than one park for your first 3 selections.

For example, if I'm going to MK during the day and DHS at night with a hopper, why can't I book SDD for my tier 1 and HM and POTC with my tier 2s??

That would be so much more flexible to me.

Agree!

To take it a step further, I don't get why Disney doesn't allow you to book at more than one park for your first 3 selections.

For example, if I'm going to MK during the day and DHS at night with a hopper, why can't I book SDD for my tier 1 and HM and POTC with my tier 2s??

That would be so much more flexible to me.

You will be able to buy both LL multi pass and single pass at the same time, but they are requiring you to choose one park for advanced selections.

So, you will have to choose your initial park for the day, book the three, and once you use one, can secure another at a different park.

We park hop a lot so our plan is to do three earlier in the day at one park, and as we use, book some for later in the day for thr park we go to at night….

You will be able to buy both LL multi pass and single pass at the same time, but they are requiring you to choose one park for advanced selections.

So, you will have to choose your initial park for the day, book the three, and once you use one, can secure another at a different park.

We park hop a lot so our plan is to do three earlier in the day at one park, and as we use, book some for later in the day for thr park we go to at night….
Yes, I understand that's how it works, I just don't understand why. I really would prefer that you could split your first 3 pre-scheduled LLs at different parks if you had hopper tickets or an AP.

Conversations today with multiple people at Disney tech support all say the same thing: As of right now visitors from outside the U.S. WILL NOT be able to purchase LLs in advance of their arrival.

I assume that is because the only way to do it (as of today) would be through the app, which only seems to work in the US, Canada and parts of Mexico. Which also means I assume Canadians WILL be able to use the app when the time comes, and that has been an oversight in the wording.
This is my feeling as well.

Yes, I understand that's how it works, I just don't understand why. I really would prefer that you could split your first 3 pre-scheduled LLs at different parks if you had hopper tickets or an AP.
My guess is it spread people out as they will need to just choose one park to start their day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest