Is this sexist?

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 11.51.36.png

The woman, specifically. It was a bit of clip-art I found (yes, all permissions made) and I thought it was a nice image of normality. But one person has said it's sexist. Do you agree?

View attachment 872127

The woman, specifically. It was a bit of clip-art I found (yes, all permissions made) and I thought it was a nice image of normality. But one person has said it's sexist. Do you agree?
I can see how someone could interpret it that way, although I didn’t have that reaction myself (and I am a female). Could you find another clip art of a male to insert on the right side, with the wording flowing down between them?

The cut out of the clip art of the hot, fit woman is in the shape of a breast. Subliminally sexist? Maybe. Does that represent what you're trying to sell?

I have a suicide awareness shirt that says

"stay; tomorrow is better with you in it"

And people have found it offensive.

Someone, somewhere is always going to find something wrong with everything.

Do what you feel is right. You can't please everyone.

I'll admit I'm not a big walker, but I've never seen someone walking with that kind of strut, unless they were trying to show off in some way.

Pretty certain it's targeting exercise/weight loss hypnosis

That's not made clear IMO. Hypnosis can be used in many ways and when I think of it I think of it more in a mental health way but this is a physical motion pic.
If its for exercise and weight loss then the ad should have words that actually pertain to that.

Based on the picture, I think you're targeting a female audience and the goal after hypnosis is improving their fitness level?

I don't find it sexist at all. I also don't see the outline being a breast as someone else mentioned. People look for any reason to be offended. Now, I do think it is a good idea from a marketing perspective to put a man in a similar context on the other side to broaden your reach.

I'm targeting anyone who wants to be hypnotised :) The image could just as likely have been a man; I don't differentiate? But any feedback is valid.

[ETA] Sorry if that sounded snippy, didn't mean to :flower3:

I'm going for normality, with a hint of success and happy living.
Okay, fast walking with a hint of sweat is not viewed as happy to me. I prefer a picture of a beautifully dressed woman surrounded by many colorful boxes & bags of newly acquired shopping items. Now, that's happy living. 😌

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest