DVC “Confessions”

Is Boardwalk View that hard to get? I'm hoping to get a 2bd in Oct next year, but I'm fine with Pool if that's all I can get.
It isn't as hard to get as standard view. The issue is 2 bedrooms. All boardwalk 2 bedrooms are lock offs (1 br +studio in case you don't already know that), and people grab the studios really fast because of the low points cost. It also depends on your time of year. This year I had to walk a 2 bedroom 2 weeks ahead at 11 months out for mid January. I've never had to walk anything at 11 months before. Granted the renovations were still going on then. Good luck with your stalking.

Las Vegas gave up the theming attempt many years ago. They tried to make it more family friendly. Just didn’t work, as LV is an adult playground.

Disney on the other hand is all about theming, and transporting you to a different place.
If they continue down the generic theme path, they too will be making a grave error.
As I said, Disney is following the current trend. I'm sure that Disney and other vacation destination companies have done more research on what people like than you have. No offense.

Hi my name is Jennifer and I have two confessions .... First, I sold one of my 4 contracts (still have 3 contracts) 2 years ago and was happy about it. The last time I was in any of the parks was 2019 and I only use my points now for the DCL cruises and the the hotel stay the night before. And I am ok with this Second, I have been okay with losing points..this has happened three times. The first time was 5 points and the second and third were 42 and 89 points; I forgot to bank them.

Last edited:
I have some! :-)
  • 1 of the biggest reasons I decided to convince my DH to buy into DVC (our 1st contract just got sent for ROFR this week!) is so he would finally shut up about the food court-style food at all of the Value resorts we've stayed at. And yeah, so we could stay at a Deluxe every time for way cheaper than paying full freight. But if I'm really honest with myself and everybody here, it's because I'm tired of him whining about the food.
  • I'm already plotting about how to eventually buy more points so I can convince DH that we need to stay in 1 & 2 BR units on every trip. :rotfl2:
  • I don't love how crowded the Poly always seems to feel every time we've visited there (haven't stayed there yet), but LOVE the 60s-ish tiki vibe all throughout this resort.
  • Can't wait to stay at 1 of the WL DVC resorts...so that DH could eat every day at Geyser Point if he wanted to and he won't complain about Value resort food courts. :-)
  • I don't understand why you'd want to stay in a non-savannah view room at AKL. We stayed at AKL for ONE night 7 years ago and I've been dreaming ever since of going back! I was awake and sitting on the balcony at 2:00 am watching the animals.

I have some! :-)
  • 1 of the biggest reasons I decided to convince my DH to buy into DVC (our 1st contract just got sent for ROFR this week!) is so he would finally shut up about the food court-style food at all of the Value resorts we've stayed at. And yeah, so we could stay at a Deluxe every time for way cheaper than paying full freight. But if I'm really honest with myself and everybody here, it's because I'm tired of him whining about the food.
  • I'm already plotting about how to eventually buy more points so I can convince DH that we need to stay in 1 & 2 BR units on every trip. :rotfl2:
  • I don't love how crowded the Poly always seems to feel every time we've visited there (haven't stayed there yet), but LOVE the 60s-ish tiki vibe all throughout this resort.
  • Can't wait to stay at 1 of the WL DVC resorts...so that DH could eat every day at Geyser Point if he wanted to and he won't complain about Value resort food courts. :-)
  • I don't understand why you'd want to stay in a non-savannah view room at AKL. We stayed at AKL for ONE night 7 years ago and I've been dreaming ever since of going back! I was awake and sitting on the balcony at 2:00 am watching the animals.
Totally agree about AKL. It's Savannah view or nothing!

As I said, Disney is following the current trend. I'm sure that Disney and other vacation destination companies have done more research on what people like than you have. No offense.
I guess I just don’t see a trend. Yes 99% of hotel rooms are generic, but that’s because 99% of the hotels/resorts are not themed.

When Disney charges $800/nt for a room at the Polynesian, people expect it to look Polynesian.

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest