Pearl Harbor Questions-Travel time from Aulani/What to do after?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I was lucky enough to score our tickets for the 11:00 time for our trip today. How much time do we need to travel to Pearl Harbor from Aulani? Are there any other charges involved that I am not aware of? Any suggestions on what to do after Pearl Harbor in that area?

We will be at Pearl Harbor on a Saturday if that helps. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

We have 11 am tickets for a Sunday this June. Our plan is to be there at 7am when the park opens, go to the USS Missouri, then come back for the Arizona. We're hoping to be done around 12 - after which we'll grab some lunch either there are at the Aloha Bowl Swap Meet! It's open until 3 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping the kids can get their fill of souvenir shopping there, then we'll head back to the resort and relax for the evening.

If I remember correctly, it's abut a half hour drive from Aulani to Pearl Harbor - but that all depends on traffic. Weekends are better than weekdays.

Last edited:
Are you aware that the Arizona is currently off limits? They are still doing the documentary before and then a narrated boat ride around the Memorial however you will not be landing on the Memorial itself. Are you doing the Bowfin / Missouri / Pacific Aviation? They are separate and costs vary.

Are you aware that the Arizona is currently off limits? They are still doing the documentary before and then a narrated boat ride around the Memorial however you will not be landing on the Memorial itself. Are you doing the Bowfin / Missouri / Pacific Aviation? They are separate and costs vary.

We aren't going for another 6 weeks so plenty of time for them to hopefully fix the issue (again, assuming it's the same structural issue as before).

Jim

We aren't going for another 6 weeks so plenty of time for them to hopefully fix the issue (again, assuming it's the same structural issue as before).

Jim
I'm pretty sure PP was refrencing OP. Either way, I heard around 5 weeks as well.

We have 11 am tickets for a Sunday this June. Our plan is to be there at 7am when the park opens, go to the USS Missouri, then come back for the Arizona. We're hoping to be done around 12 - after which we'll grab some lunch either there are at the Aloha Bowl Swap Meet! It's open until 3 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping the kids can get their fill of souvenir shopping there, then we'll head back to the resort and relax for the evening.

If I remember correctly, it's abut a half hour drive from Aulani to Pearl Harbor - but that all depends on traffic. Weekends are better than weekdays.

I was thinking something similar. Especially since we would still be on East Coast time.

We are going in July. Hopefully that will all be finished by then?

If you want to grab something to eat before or after your tour, Anna Miller's is a good stop. Diner style and very inexpensive. We had a good (and CHEAP!) meal there, and Kevin & John from the Dis Unplugged podcast also recommended it during their Aulani show.

If you want to grab something to eat before or after your tour, Anna Miller's is a good stop. Diner style and very inexpensive. We had a good (and CHEAP!) meal there, and Kevin & John from the Dis Unplugged podcast also recommended it during their Aulani show.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I highly recommend purchasing the audio tour when you visit. It incorporates the museum, other points of interest at the site, as well as the visit to the Arizona Memorial and is very well-integrated. Ideally you would arrive 60-90 minutes before your scheduled tour time so you can do the audio tour in sequential order since it gives you a great deal of background info before you board the ferry to the Memorial.

I highly recommend purchasing the audio tour when you visit. It incorporates the museum, other points of interest at the site, as well as the visit to the Arizona Memorial and is very well-integrated. Ideally you would arrive 60-90 minutes before your scheduled tour time so you can do the audio tour in sequential order since it gives you a great deal of background info before you board the ferry to the Memorial.
We are planning to get the audio tour. I didn’t realize we should be there well ahead of our tour time. Thank you for the advice! Where does the narration begin? If you do the entire audio tour, how long does it last?

Thank you!

We are planning to get the audio tour. I didn’t realize we should be there well ahead of our tour time. Thank you for the advice! Where does the narration begin? If you do the entire audio tour, how long does it last?

Thank you!

The audio tour before the boat is mostly inside the museum and takes a solid 60 minutes (or more if you really take the time to read all of the signs near the exhibits) and then another ~30 minutes worth of outdoor stops after the boat.

We wanted to go early but could only get 11:00 tix. By the time we finished the memorial (did everything rlse first) and grabbed some lunch, some swap meet vendors were already packing up. By 3:00 almost all of them were gone. So if you really want to shop, I'd suggest a late breakfast right before you go, and then eat afterwards.

Also, being from the south, I saw s BBQ place pop up nearby on my google map, and they had sweet tea! So we went there and had a really good lunch; it's called Dixie BBQ and it's just a couple of minutes from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter