Party of 13 and your kitchen sink too...

LOL, well, the pics we got from our last CD were all actually in focus....believe it or not... :) so we were ok with it....we'll see if our luck holds out this year....

Ok, so this weekend, I got into major preparedness mode....

Items purchased:

New shoes
New Shirts
New Briefs
New Socks
Disinfecting Spray
Handy wipes for the car
Eye mask for sleeping during trip
Compact mini umbrellas (for every day that we're there...we dispose of them each night)....
Tide Bleach Pens

Still have a long list of items to pick up, but at least I started rounding it all up...must find those travel toilet seat covers...

And last nite, I printed up everyone's ADRs (they're not all the same), and printed characters on the backsides.....then I laminated the ADRs and put them in lanyard/badge holders for every member of the party....

So that's another thing off my list of things to get done....

Next up, check out the Security system at the house (cameras, recorders, slingbox, etc.)...

Ahhhhh, it finally feels like I'm about to go on vacation.... :)

I got ours, too, because I am a sucker.:rolleyes: I mean, how can I have a proper vacation without a CD full of blurry, off center, overexposed pics of us with sun in our eyes?

I know what you mean...now that I think about it, there were 4 pics where I was MAJORLY squinting due to sun in the eyes....and I had the sunglasses on my head....lol....totally wasn't thinking. :rolleyes1

For me, that will be the only way my family will remember I am on vacation with them...as I am usually BEHIND the camera! I might order it and make sure I get my money's worth!!!! HEHE!

Same here....that's the main reason we get the Photopass...so that we're both in the pics...since we both love to lug our cameras around and snap pics of everything in sight....last time we took over 12,000 pics...and we were hardly in any of them...except for the PhotoPass ones....

We usually buy the silly CD, but hardly any of the pictures are really worth paying for. 2 years ago DH won a free CD in a drawing at a DVC event, so that was cool. We just got a refund on the pre-order when we got home.

Glad your shopping is off to a good start! :thumbsup2

Ok, got more shopping done, and stuff prepared at the house for our departure.

Friday, we received our packet from Disney....YAY!!! That's a load off my mind.

Also found the toilet seat covers that I was looking for....lol....so that's another thing off the check list.

Purchased new undershirts, and a couple of new shirts for our anniversary dinner at Le Cellier.

Working up some scrapbook layouts for the pictures to come...

Taught my last scrapbook class until after vacation.....YAY!! More money for vacation...

Now to start gathering it all and see what I'm still missing....sigh...

Since we're going with so many people who have never been, we've made some ADRs that should help them stay within their budgets, etc...

Crystal Palace - Breakfast with Pooh & Friends
Cinderella's Royal Table - Breakfast
Tusker House - Breakfast with Donald & Friends
50's Prime Time - Dinner
Sci-Fi Dine In - Lunch
Le Cellier - Dinner
Chefs du France - Dinner
Yak & Yeti - Lunch

Thankfully most everyone is on the DDP...so that made it easier...

Can't wait to get this trip underway!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We usually buy the silly CD, but hardly any of the pictures are really worth paying for. 2 years ago DH won a free CD in a drawing at a DVC event, so that was cool. We just got a refund on the pre-order when we got home.

Glad your shopping is off to a good start! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean....it's what's holding me back from booking one of the resort photo shoots....the quality of the photos worry me....ugh...decisions, decisions....

I know what you mean....it's what's holding me back from booking one of the resort photo shoots....the quality of the photos worry me....ugh...decisions, decisions....

We did a resort photo shoot 2 years ago at SSR. The pics were decent. But they have completely restructured the pricing so I am not sure I would want to do it again. We had one booked for last year at AKL but I kept changing it and finally we cancelled it entirely. I had surgery to remove a stye before the trip last year and my eye looked weird pretty much the entire trip. Didn't want a bunch of photos of my gimpy eye. :rolleyes:

There was usually a PhotoPass guy in the lobby of AKL set up with a tripod in the late afternoon/early evening. Most nights as we were going to dinner we had him take our photo, so in the end we were glad we didn't pay for the resort session. No, we didn't get different locations around the lodge, but really, the lobby pics were fine.

Crystal Palace breakfast is our FAVORITE! :love: The Tusker House breakfast is good, too. Never been to Yak & Yeti for lunch, but we enjoy it for dinner. :)

We did a resort photo shoot 2 years ago at SSR. The pics were decent. But they have completely restructured the pricing so I am not sure I would want to do it again. We had one booked for last year at AKL but I kept changing it and finally we cancelled it entirely. I had surgery to remove a stye before the trip last year and my eye looked weird pretty much the entire trip. Didn't want a bunch of photos of my gimpy eye. :rolleyes:

There was usually a PhotoPass guy in the lobby of AKL set up with a tripod in the late afternoon/early evening. Most nights as we were going to dinner we had him take our photo, so in the end we were glad we didn't pay for the resort session. No, we didn't get different locations around the lodge, but really, the lobby pics were fine.

Crystal Palace breakfast is our FAVORITE! :love: The Tusker House breakfast is good, too. Never been to Yak & Yeti for lunch, but we enjoy it for dinner. :)

Totally understand about the eye....that would totally bother me, since I scrapbook our pics....would hate to have to use pics like that...

See, that's what bothers me...they did restructure the pricing, and I think it's waaaaaay too much for the quality....but the scrapbooker in me says to do it anyway....lol

Yes, we LOVE Crystal Palace...we get to hug Pooh, and have a full tummy afterwards...what's not to love!!

We did Tusker House once before and thoroughly enjoyed it....and they took my niece (19 at the time), and made her follow along with Goofy, since she was the youngest at our table....it made for some priceless photos...she was soooo embarrassed....lol....

And we've not done Yak & Yeti at all, so it should be interesting....

Two years ago we were going to do the session, but then they upped the price right before our trip (but before I could book) so we skipped it.

I doubt I'll do it this year as I weight far too much to pay money for pictures! At least now I ahve a goal for next trip!

If you are having dinner at the resorts I think most of the deluxes have a PhotoPass guy in the lobby. On the other hand, in the grand scheme of things, what's another $100 for a resort photo shoot? ;)

If you are having dinner at the resorts I think most of the deluxes have a PhotoPass guy in the lobby. On the other hand, in the grand scheme of things, what's another $100 for a resort photo shoot? ;)

Well, I have thought about adding a dinner at Artists Pointe, but not sure about it....thoughts??

Well, I have thought about adding a dinner at Artists Pointe, but not sure about it....thoughts??

We've never been there. My favorite signature places are Flying Fish, Yachtsman, and Citrico's. I have read good things about AP, but the menu doesn't do anything for me.

We've never been there. My favorite signature places are Flying Fish, Yachtsman, and Citrico's. I have read good things about AP, but the menu doesn't do anything for me.

Yup, my DP is all about Meat and Potatoes....so he's all ready to try AP...

I've learned over the years never to step between him and meat and potatoes...it's not pretty...lol

We haven't tried Flying Fish, Yachtsman, and Citrico's....probably have to check menus, since we're both allergic to fish... :scared:

So we're getting closer to Online Check In, and I'm pondering whether or not to try this method...

Thoughts anyone?

I am not doing online check-in. I am old fashioned, I like to go through the process at the desk. Also, we are using DH's credit card for room charging, but that's NOT the card we used to reserve the room. I am never sure if that will befuddle them, because there are FAR simpler things that completely derail them. :rolleyes: I also want to do "normal" check-in just in case they care to offer me an upgrade. Our first ressie is only 2 nights, so maybe they will be feeling generous. ;)

I haven't thought about doing online check-in for our villa ressie. I guess we could. :confused3 It would rock to be able to move directly from the room to the villa without involving Bell Services. But that's not likely since the villas are usually not ready until later in the afternoon.

If you do the online check in you'll have to report back. We are staying at ASMo preferred room, so an in person check in will not yield us an upgrade (unless it was to a different hotel!)!

So did you decide to add AP? Such fancy places are off my radar....at least while the boys are little, don't get me wrong, they are pretty well behaved, but as parents we like to think of the others in the resturant in case the boys are having a bad night!

I keep telling myself I will do a solo trip one day (when DH takes the boys to the Grand Canyon camping or anyplace camping is involved!) and then I will eat at the 'nice' places!

If you do the online check in you'll have to report back. We are staying at ASMo preferred room, so an in person check in will not yield us an upgrade (unless it was to a different hotel!)!

So did you decide to add AP? Such fancy places are off my radar....at least while the boys are little, don't get me wrong, they are pretty well behaved, but as parents we like to think of the others in the resturant in case the boys are having a bad night!

I keep telling myself I will do a solo trip one day (when DH takes the boys to the Grand Canyon camping or anyplace camping is involved!) and then I will eat at the 'nice' places!

I totally understand about the boys...lol...I just can't imagine keeping up with kids at Disney...don't know how y'all do it....whew....

DP decided to "play it by ear" on Artist Pointe... :confused3 I was hoping he'd jump at the chance...but with so many other people involved, he wants to see what they want to do... :eek:

Don't know if I'd like a solo trip....don't get me wrong, I'm a very sociable person, and able to start conversations up with total strangers...but being a single rider doesn't hold much appeal to me right now....who knows...maybe later in life...

As for Online Check-In....I did that yesterday...and got my confirmation email....then called today to add a building request to the ressie...they don't allow for adding "other requests" on the Online site...just "Close to Transportation"; "1st Floor Room"; "Refrigerator in Room"; and one other (don't recall what it was)....so that was disappointing from the building request standpoint. Calling them today to get the building request in was a breeze...no issues whatsoever.

We'll see how Online Check-In works when we get there....I'm interested in seeing if it really is quicker as I've read elsewhere on the boards...

So, anyway, got all my packing done (DP has yet to start)...and I've got all the travel documents printed and filed in the travel folder. Prescription refills will be picked up on Wednesday, and we'll be ready to go (after we mow the lawn before leaving, that is)...

We're excited now....especially looking forward to meeting so many DISers... at the Dole Whip Mini Meet.... :banana::banana::banana:

Wonderful news....got a call from my nephew, and he was able to get us tickets to the parks on Friday night (the night we arrive)...we are getting in around 6pm, so we're staying off property that one night before checking in the next morning (Saturday)....

So, we'll be able to do EMH at MK on Friday night....YAY!!! I'm soooo excited!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I know....I sooooo can't wait....

On a side note....seems that the neighbors trees have Oak Wilt....and guess what....it's spread to our trees... :(

Gonna have to lose the trees, and plant new runts.... :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Well! That's just what you DIDN'T need! I don't suppose the neighbors are offering to pay for your new trees?

I guess we won't see you guys at the airport. Our flight goes out at dark o'clock AM on Friday. We should be at Epcot by lunchtime! :thumbsup2

Well! That's just what you DIDN'T need! I don't suppose the neighbors are offering to pay for your new trees?

I guess we won't see you guys at the airport. Our flight goes out at dark o'clock AM on Friday. We should be at Epcot by lunchtime! :thumbsup2

Nope, no such luck....in fact, they won't even straighten out the tree in their back yard that's growing at an angle, and will soon begin to push the fence between our properties, over.... :headache:

Oh, I HATE those super early morning flights.....I'm soooo not a morning person....I only manage to get up early during our stay on property... :rotfl:

On the plus side, I did manage to get in my haircut last nite (it helps that my EX is my stylist too)...so one more thing off the check list...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter