Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew: A CBR Christmas Adventure for 2 plus 2-New 1-9!

I think roller coaster are completely different from simulator rides like Soarin and Star Wars. You might do just fine on EE. When we went in 09, my second son had just turned 5 and he LOVED it, but Star Wars scares the begeebies out of him!

I'm sorry, but if you didn't like Soarin, Expedition Everest will totally make you sick. Just a warning. If you just get scared, then totally do it. But if you get motion sickness, no, don't do it.

Either way, have fun :). And maybe I'll see you there.
I'm going to give it by best shot. I ride Space Mountain all the time, is it really any different? But yes, Soarin was bad bad, but I also am scared to death of airplanes, and it felt more like an airplane ride to me than anything else.

YES, definitely say hi if you see me! :thumbsup2

I think roller coaster are completely different from simulator rides like Soarin and Star Wars. You might do just fine on EE. When we went in 09, my second son had just turned 5 and he LOVED it, but Star Wars scares the begeebies out of him!
See I'm the same way! I can do Space Mtn, but not Star Wars. Funny how those things are sometimes!

Guess what today is!! Or rather, what friday was....the start of single digit dance!!! :dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cheer2::yay::woohoo::banana:

Blake I were single digit dancing all over the house and work on friday. We're SO excited.

How is everyones christmas shopping going? My mom came down on thanksgiving since I had to work that thursday and friday and I went to Kohls (LOVE Kohls) and got ALL of Blake's familys mandatory stocking stuffers out of the way! I also got them ALL wrapped and Christmas cards ALL sent out. We made a trip to Target and got some more toothpaste, mini shaving cream for Blake, trail mix and granola bars, etc. I think we're all ready just about! I also sent away for Stuart's surprise present. I rigged it this year, so that I would end up with Stu (each person in Blake's family gets a person to buy a $25 present for and then every other person you have to buy a $5 stocking stuffer for). So I thought and thought and came up to buy Stu Disney Quest tickets so that Blake and him can hang out while mom and I do Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian. Stu LOVED Disney Quest when we went in 2006. He is a totally gamer. Well the tickets came on friday and I'm so excited! We're going to present them to him at dinner on Tuesday and Brown Derby. We got it all planned out, should be really fun and I definitely want to get a picture of his reaction when he finds out where he's going!

I went this weekend to do my last jewelry show of the year, before spring anyway and it turned out pretty good! Got some last minute Disney spending money so I'm happy about that!

If anyone is interested, I'm featured in a blog right now where if you friend them (they're mine aunt's sister in law and she is VERY crafty, especially with house decorating and furniture), and then go through my jewelry album and like it and then comment on which piece of mine is your favorite, if you're chosen TOMORROW by midnight, you have the chance to win a piece of my jewelry for FREE! http://takingasundaydrive.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-giving-time-of-yeargiveaway-from.html?spref=fb

So check it out!

In other news, back to the dancing! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::wizard:

THIS time next week, I will be on a plane, probably doing something like this
222206_512905960608_42707539_30289388_5736_n.jpg

I HATE flying, but I like the fact that you don't have to be in a car for 14 hours and that I don't be wasting a whole Disney day. So I take valium beforehand, jump on that plane and get through the 2 or so hour flight.

This will be the first time in a long time that we'll be arriving in Orlando in the daytime, our flight lands around 10:30, and Stu about an hour later.

I think the plan, at this time is to eat something at Au Bon Pain or something similiar and check out Lush, love that store, then we'll gather Stu up once he lands and see things like this:

167192_631780036008_42707539_35105717_8073951_n.jpg

162948_631780011058_42707539_35105716_1456507_n.jpg

We'll jump into THIS line:
167095_631780090898_42707539_35105720_3531130_n.jpg

And hopefully not have to wait long before we sit down on this, hopefully also not bundled up like this either
164013_631780110858_42707539_35105721_740597_n.jpg

We'll check in here
300312_740929714178_42707539_36072238_1606981974_n.jpg

I'm praying we get in either Aruba, Jamaica or Martinique...as I've mentioned before, the last time I went with my mom in 2002, we got stuck in the last room in Trinidad South and it was the LONGEST walk ever, so maybe I can play the sad story and get lucky. Wish me some luck!

I plan on wearing jeans on the plane with a tshirt, my walking shoes and a jacket, but bringing shorts in my carry on, so once we check in, I'll change out of my jeans into shorts and take off my jacket and I'll be all set!

Continued in next post

Once settled in for a few..it'll be off to see:
n42707539_31575772_111.jpg

n42707539_31575773_1387.jpg

these beautiful sights. I'm going to let everyone choose what rides we're going to ride. This is their choice today! I guess with me planning everything else, I should let them choose a little right? ;):rotfl2:

After some awesome rides, we'll be heading onto the bus and off to Downtown Disney for our first ADR of the week, at Raglan Road!
320716_745491761798_42707539_36116600_203956884_n.jpg

I'm still leaning toward getting the serious steak, and maybe the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding! Any last recommendations for entree and desserts?!? :hug:

With bellys full, it'll be off to enjoy these at the bar at Rainforest Cafe
n42707539_31577129_7814.jpg

We'll stop by the Hess to grab drinks and a case of water, then it'll be off to sleep back at CBR, knowing we'll have 6 more great fun filled days ahead of us! :cloud9:

Woo Hoooooooooo! for one week! :cool1::woohoo::cool1:

Fabulous first day!

The serious steak does look really good. Somebody in my group had it in May, but Cynthia had this and I really want to try it

IMG_2331.jpg

Beef Murray. Looks so darn good.

Love the jewelry. Hate how I have to log into FB from that link. uggh. I can never remember my log in cause I always FB on my phone.

Single digits are the best, right?

I am so excited for you!! AND very jealous, lol!

We can't settle on vacation dates. Now we have pretty much decided that we want to stay in the new Art of Animation resort since we only have a small window before we won't be able to anymore. Finding a room to stay in as a family of 7 kind of sucks, lol. I don't know if we are going to brave the heat of August for the ease of not having to take the big boys out of school or waiting an ENTIRE year and going next winter...

Anyway, we are completely done Christmas shopping, yay!
I am really looking forward to your TR :D

Hi Jess! I am caught up now.... and you are in the single digits!!! :cool1: I love that feeling when you know the trip is so close and you have such a great time to look forward to! :goodvibes I am with you in regards to airplanes.... :scared1: I am glad to get to Disney fast but ugggg.... the plane! :sad2: It's such a relief when you land.... and so exciting to see those palm trees!

Woo Hoooooooooo! for one week! :cool1::woohoo::cool1:

Fabulous first day!

The serious steak does look really good. Somebody in my group had it in May, but Cynthia had this and I really want to try it

IMG_2331.jpg

Beef Murray. Looks so darn good.

Love the jewelry. Hate how I have to log into FB from that link. uggh. I can never remember my log in cause I always FB on my phone.

Single digits are the best, right?
HELLO Beef Murray! Man that flakey pastry looks SO good! The problem with Raglan is their entree menu is SO big! Makes you want to order one of everything!
I have some things listed on my etsy site, but I don't update it nearly as much as I do on facebook!

I am so excited for you!! AND very jealous, lol!

We can't settle on vacation dates. Now we have pretty much decided that we want to stay in the new Art of Animation resort since we only have a small window before we won't be able to anymore. Finding a room to stay in as a family of 7 kind of sucks, lol. I don't know if we are going to brave the heat of August for the ease of not having to take the big boys out of school or waiting an ENTIRE year and going next winter...

Anyway, we are completely done Christmas shopping, yay!
I am really looking forward to your TR :D
Aw thanks so much! Art of Animation looks incredibly awesome, especially since Finding Nemo, the Little Mermaid and Lion King are some of my most favorite Disney movies. I think the only problem with AoA is going to be since it is SO new, you may have trouble booking rooms because I think it's going to be really popular.

There are a few DisFriends floating around here that have braved the heat during August. But, the thing is, the crowds are bigger and the prices are higher and with a family of 7, you want to make it most convenient and comfortable for everyone. But good luck on your date decisions!!

Hi Jess! I am caught up now.... and you are in the single digits!!! :cool1: I love that feeling when you know the trip is so close and you have such a great time to look forward to! :goodvibes I am with you in regards to airplanes.... :scared1: I am glad to get to Disney fast but ugggg.... the plane! :sad2: It's such a relief when you land.... and so exciting to see those palm trees!
I can't believe it's single digits already! I just go nuts on planes! I'm glad though that we only have to get through 2 hours. The longest I've ever been on a plane is just under 3, but that was with several pills and several drinks ;)

Hurray for Single Digit Dancing! Not too much longer now!
It's SO close I can't wait! I wish Chelsea missed Bo as much as she used to! I'll still say hi and take a picture for you/her!

It's SO close I can't wait! I wish Chelsea missed Bo as much as she used to! I'll still say hi and take a picture for you/her!

She still misses him and would love a picture of him! :goodvibes

We got your Christmas card Saturday -- our first one of the season -- it's super cute! Thank you!

Yahooo for single digits!!

I got your Christmas card on Saturday along with another one, so those were the first of the season. I was very happy. :goodvibes

She still misses him and would love a picture of him! :goodvibes

We got your Christmas card Saturday -- our first one of the season -- it's super cute! Thank you!
I will definitely take a picture for her then! :thumbsup2
You're very welcome! I was totally on the ball this year, wanted to get them all out so I could relax a little more before Disney. In past years we have always had to work and/or take finals the day before/of the trip.

Yahooo for single digits!!

I got your Christmas card on Saturday along with another one, so those were the first of the season. I was very happy. :goodvibes
YAY! So glad you got it! :goodvibes

Hi all! How is your week going? We're down to 3 days left!!

Today I got a email to do online check-in at CBR, which I gladly did!! I requested ground floor and am crossing my fingers for a great building! Particularly Jamaica, Aruba or Martinique!

Last night, we got a call from Stu, he's been studying for his Commercial Drivers license and took his road test yesterday, passed it with flying colors! He's really excited because he'd been so nervous studying for it and now he feels like he can relax! So glad for him!

This time next week, we should have just finished up eating at Ohana's for dinner and watching Wishes (hopefully on the beach at the Poly!) and headed back to CBR for maybe a drink by the pool. Have to see how tired we are!

This week has been insane! I was trained the past few weeks to work on Acute studies (48-96 hours vs 14 to 21 days for chronics). Monday I got my very first rangefinder (basically the test before the real test), and I thought I'd get 1 for the week, but I ended up getting 5! And to top it off, there's only 3 of us on the Acute team. 1 is me, still new since I switched from culture, 1 is Rachael whos 8 1/2 months pregnant and a heck of a trooper and the other is Christian who is taking off tomorrow. He has 5 studies my himself, so Rach and I have like 9 studies to complete tomorrow, all in different varying stages of completion or just beginning. But we'll get through it!

Tonight was our work Christmas party. It was great, they had it catered, and we had cesear salad, rolls, roast beef with au jus, chicken marsala, crab dip, cheese plate, green beans, mashed potatoes, 3 kinds of desserts and a candy table with bags for us to help ourselves. Man I am stuffed! It was definitely close to Disney quality, although I refrained from taking a picture of my plate ;)

I did however, snag a photo of the Christmas tree outside the lobby of our banquet hall, not quite Disney worthy in size, but pretty none-the-less
387273_769677308768_42707539_36235592_995905186_n.jpg

And on our way home, I've been wanting to get a picture of this house for the past 2 weeks. Some of these houses on the shore at literally mansions. There's this display that they decorate every holiday, that I'm trying to get a picture of, hopefully I'll have it for my next post. But this is another of my favorites. This house sits on the water, I had to stand on a pier in order to get a descent picture of it. But it's so beautiful, I love all the colors
385125_769677358668_42707539_36235593_348855608_n.jpg

Picture definitely does not do it justice, but it's the closest we've found to be up there anywhere close to the Osbourne Lights. :cloud9:

Well, I'm going to try and get one more update in, either tomorrow night or saturday morning. We have 1 work day to go. Then sleeping in, making breakfast on saturday, catching the Christmas Parade up the street around 10:30am, dropping Riley off at boarding and heading to my parents in Baltimore for our flight on sunday morning. Have a great friday everyone!!

You're so close! :cool1:

I'll be looking for that Salisbury shirt on Thursday. :goodvibes Going down there on Saturday to drop off a car so my son can get home, since we won't be around next weekend.

Your trip is so very close!! I'm so excited for you!! :banana:

I just want to wish you a super magical trip in case I don't get back on here this weekend! :wizard:

You're so close! :cool1:

I'll be looking for that Salisbury shirt on Thursday. :goodvibes Going down there on Saturday to drop off a car so my son can get home, since we won't be around next weekend.
YAY!! Keep those eyes peeled for me! Good luck with the ride down to SU..SOO looking forward to that almost 80 degree weather since it turned so cold lately!

Your trip is so very close!! I'm so excited for you!! :banana:

I just want to wish you a super magical trip in case I don't get back on here this weekend! :wizard:
Thank you LL!! I'm going to miss your little papaya turn into a new fruit next week! Hope you're feeling ok! :hug:

Thank you LL!! I'm going to miss your little papaya turn into a new fruit next week! Hope you're feeling ok! :hug:

Yes, we are going to be an eggplant next week. Yahoo! I feel really well except for some really really weird pregnancy dreams. :laughing:

I will be waiting for my fedex polenta. ;):rotfl2:

Those darn hormones!

Eggplant! :rotfl2:

How about a virtual margarita from the Ditch???? :rolleyes1

I'm not big into the margaritas, honestly I don't know if I have ever had a margarita. :rolleyes1 Now fudge, cream cheese pretzels, pb cups, pina colavas, I'm up for those. :lmao:

The dreams are unreal, I've always had very vivid dreams to begin with and the hormones are making them crazzzzzy.

Yes, we are going to be an eggplant next week. Yahoo! I feel really well except for some really really weird pregnancy dreams. :laughing:

I will be waiting for my fedex polenta. ;):rotfl2:
:lmao: Oh I wish I could send you some LL!

Aw! A cute little Violet Eggplant! How cute and appropriate!! :goodvibes

Those darn hormones!

Eggplant! :rotfl2:

How about a virtual margarita from the Ditch???? :rolleyes1
I think we're actually going to try that this year! We never take the time to get a drink in Epcot other than the Grand Marnier slushie in France, which are quite wonderful too!

I'm not big into the margaritas, honestly I don't know if I have ever had a margarita. :rolleyes1 Now fudge, cream cheese pretzels, pb cups, pina colavas, I'm up for those. :lmao:

The dreams are unreal, I've always had very vivid dreams to begin with and the hormones are making them crazzzzzy.
I'm not really either, but I've heard some good things about the ones MEK is talking about! Ah, the goodies, there's a few snack stops this year, particularly Kringla and Starring Rolls that we may be swinging by to take a peek at ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter