Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew: A CBR Christmas Adventure for 2 plus 2-New 1-9!

YAYAYAYAYAY WOOT WOOT for 30 days :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Love the breakfast plate Blake made for you!! What a sweetie!!!

OOOH MK day!!! I love MK!!!!! (Don't think I didn't notice that you put HM as first on the list LOL...:rotfl: my love for that place may be unnatural LOL)

OOOH Ohana's I want to eat there again!! Great meal!!

Okay the Driver's call name is Simba 1 and the baby elephant's name is Little Red!!!!
I have NO idea what you're talking about with HM being on the top of the list ;):rotfl:

I'm really excited to try Ohana's! We loved their breakfast, and I've heard some great things about the potstickers, noodles, salad and dessert!

Ding ding ding...you are correct on both parts of the question! :woohoo:

Hello I just found your last trip report and wanted to say a big congratulations! Such a beautiful proposal!
My partner and I will also be at disney the same time as you guys we are staying at Pop! So maybe I'll spot you in the crowds I'll be the one with the big goofy smile on my face hehe!
Can't wait to hear more of your plans :)
Jess
Hi!! Welcome to my report! Thanks so much for joining in and for your compliments on the proposal!

We enjoyed Pop last year, I hope you really like it! Definitely say hello if you see me!! :thumbsup2
I'm so glad I checked our TR before I went to bed because that picture of you and Stitch is too funny. :rotfl2: OMG - I think he's mugging you! :rotfl2:

Great plans. Can't wait to start my trip at the MK on the 15th. Looking forward to meeting you! I am hoping to get there as early as possible. If Nick and Denny don't want to get up, I'm leaving without them and will meet up with them at lunch. I have an LTT ADR at 1130 or 1145.

I loved you breakfast plate. that was a lot of work to carve up all that food. :worship: What a great way to celebrate. December is right around the corner now. I can't believe how quickly its approaching. I cleaned out my whole closet today and I guess I will start packing new weekend. Yes - I am an obsessive packer and start much too early. :rolleyes1
Oh my gosh it is too funny isn't it!? I think I ended up with 3 pictures with him that all ranged from goofy things like the one above!

We are very flexible with our lunch at MK, since it's just a counter service meal! So I will definitely work around you! And you tell those boys, up and at 'em or you're gone! :rotfl:

I can't believe it either, less than 30 days to go! I don't QUITE pack that early, but I should be starting to throw some things together soon! I did go through my closet last week because my mom had a yard sale this past saturday, so I guess we're neck and neck! :thumbsup2
my hair, the 2nd is this, I

Hi all! How was everyone's work week? That good eh? I've been training at work these past 3 weeks. One of our co-workers is going on maternity leave in about a month and they finally decided that since she's the only one that does actues (96 hour toxicity studies vs the usual 14 or 21 day chronic studies), that someone needs to replace her...and guess who that is...ME!

Kind of excited about this, really wanted to move up into the lab and start working on these projects. Right now I'm in culture, and I take care of the aquatic organisms before they go up for testing.

Anyway, how was everyones weekend? I had my 2nd craft show yesterday (saturday). I emailed the lady back on halloween and this past sunday, she finally got back to me, saying they still had room if I wanted to do it still. So it was a crazy scramble to get finished!

But I did it and here's a picture of my set up of my booth:
375362_244278222300825_242338059161508_697837_544844724_n.jpg

Not too shabby huh? Big improvement from the 1st craft show I went to. Blake bought me the necklace and bracelet velvet stands as an early Christmas gift, makes it look so much nicer! I did really well this weekend! Let's just say I almost paid off my 1/4 of the trip between the last two craft shows I did. So exciting!!

Now we are down to 21 days!! Can you believe it?! 3 weeks left!

Day 6-Friday, December 16th

This is our Animal Kingdom day! The plan is to do an easy breakfast at the resort. We're going to ride:

Kilimangaro Safaris
Dinosaur
It's Tough to be a Bug
Maybe Kali (if it's warm and sunny out)
The Pangani trail

We're having lunch at either Pizzafari or Restaurantosaurus, I'm going to let the crew decide.

My GOAL ride this year is Expedition Everest. I tried Soarin last year, HATED it, scared to death, nearly died, but I'm going to try my best to do EE this year. I've rode the youtube ride several times :rotfl: and the only part that's bothering me is that backwards part. There's over 15-20 seconds of backwards darkness. Any opinions on that? I'm all ears!:rotfl2:

Let's see, we'll probably just hang around, do some more looking at the beautiful animals and plants. This is the last resevation I had decided upon. I really loved the AKL with its gorgeous Christmas tree and the window at AKL is beautiful in itself. So I figured 5:10 would be a great time, before the AK closes at 5:30 to beat the crowd, so tonight we have 5:10 reservation at Boma

386200_756522017078_42707539_36186327_1339686663_n.jpg

A tad nervous with this one. Loved the breakfast, but I'm a somewhat adventurous eater, as are the rest of us. So I think we'll be ok. The best thing I'm looking forward to: Zebra Domes! I have not tried one of these babies yet. I love chocolate, I love coffee, so hopefully we shall fall in love :lovestruc

Then it'll be time to head back to the resort, maybe a swim or have a drink.

With that everyone, we've got one day of plans left! Hope you have a great rest of your sunday night! :thumbsup2

I had no idea you made jewelry. Making jewelry is on my bucket list. What a great way to earn some extra money and your booth looks great. Can you photograph a close up of one of your pieces. They look lovely!

Saturday is my AK day and then I want to go back on Sunday evening (when its open till 6pm) to ride EE in the dark. That is also on my bucket list. :rotfl:

I hope you love Boma. funny story - my GF planned a last minute trip to Disney in Sept. She stayed off site and the only ADR she could get on evening was Jiko. She has young kids so I encouraged her to try to call in the am and switch it to Boma. Well she ended up loving Boma so much she went back a second time during the same stay. Now that's saying something.

Hurray for successful craft shows!!!

You will love the Boma dinner! It is scrumptious and really not that exotic -- lots of yummy stuff! Make sure you go hungry!

Good luck riding Everest. I have done it once and lived to tell the tale, so I think you will be fine! :thumbsup2

You are just so crafty! I love looking at your goods on etsy and facebook. :goodvibes

I am not going to tell you how I feel about Expedition Everest because it will scare you. :rolleyes1

I had no idea you made jewelry. Making jewelry is on my bucket list. What a great way to earn some extra money and your booth looks great. Can you photograph a close up of one of your pieces. They look lovely!

Saturday is my AK day and then I want to go back on Sunday evening (when its open till 6pm) to ride EE in the dark. That is also on my bucket list. :rotfl:

I hope you love Boma. funny story - my GF planned a last minute trip to Disney in Sept. She stayed off site and the only ADR she could get on evening was Jiko. She has young kids so I encouraged her to try to call in the am and switch it to Boma. Well she ended up loving Boma so much she went back a second time during the same stay. Now that's saying something.
I have all of them posted on facebook if you want to facebook friend me! I'm in the 2012 Food and Wine Festival page! And thanks for the booth compliment! My last one looked horrible! It's amazing what a black tablecloth and some displays will do! And it is SO exciting to earn that Disney money to pay off some of the trip!

Fun fun bucket lists! Don't know how I'd do with EE in the dark, :rotfl: I'm trying to psych myself up for a daylight ride. I barely made it through Soarin last year!

We really really loved the breakfast at Boma, so based off of all of these positive reviews I'm hearing, I hope we love it too!
Hurray for successful craft shows!!!

You will love the Boma dinner! It is scrumptious and really not that exotic -- lots of yummy stuff! Make sure you go hungry!

Good luck riding Everest. I have done it once and lived to tell the tale, so I think you will be fine! :thumbsup2
Aw thanks Jackie! And I'm really excited to try Boma! I've heard such good things about it! If you lived through Everest, hopefully I will too!

You are just so crafty! I love looking at your goods on etsy and facebook. :goodvibes

I am not going to tell you how I feel about Expedition Everest because it will scare you. :rolleyes1

I'm crafty? YOU Ms LL are the crafty one! But thanks so much, I love posting pics and getting great feedback!

I thought of you when I posted this one, I remembered you had a not so great experience on EE...I'll have to go back and read it! Although..maybe I shouldn't :rotfl2:

Love your jewelry Jess! I still need to look a bit closer at your pieces! I really really like them!!!!

I think you should do EE at least once!! I love it!!! The backwards part is over before you know it!!!!

3 Weeks!!!!! Time is so going to fly!!

Love your jewelry Jess! I still need to look a bit closer at your pieces! I really really like them!!!!

I think you should do EE at least once!! I love it!!! The backwards part is over before you know it!!!!

3 Weeks!!!!! Time is so going to fly!!
Thanks Jen!! I've updated most of my pieces on my facebook jewelry page. Somedays I get so inspired and make tons of new things!!

Ah, I'm going to TRY EE I think. I'll keep my fingers crossed! :rotfl:

I hope you don't mind if I join in! I've been lurking for a while and read your last TR, decided to finally join the boards since I'm planning a trip for the family this Spring!

Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about all the fun!

I hope you don't mind if I join in! I've been lurking for a while and read your last TR, decided to finally join the boards since I'm planning a trip for the family this Spring!

Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about all the fun!
Thanks so much!! Welcome to the boards, they are a load of FUN and great information. You will make SO many new friends on here, some even in person! You let me know if you need help with anything, I am always up to planning a WDW trip!!:wizard::thumbsup2

2 weeks to go everyone!! Can you believe it?!

We've come to our final full day of plans:

Saturday, December 17th

This is our only morning ADR. After getting showers and hopping on the bus to Magic Kingdom, we have an 8:30am reservation at Kona Cafe!!

308270_735006688968_42707539_36024775_70395894_n.jpg

Blake and I loved this ADR last year, we had dinner. So this year, we decided to switch it up and try breakfast. Two main reasons for this is, 1) Tonga Toast! Blake has made me his version before and it was fantastic, so I'm amusing theirs will be out of this world. And 2) REAL kona coffee. Blake, my mom and I LOVE coffee. We both have keurig machines. Stu likes coffee, but doesn't have to drink it all the time. So I'm debating between getting 2 press pots with the 100% kona coffee or just individual cups off the kona blend.

This meal we will be paying OOP for. Or so that's the plan. My $220 Disney Rewards Visa gift card came the other day in the mail :banana: so more than likely we'll just be using that.

Afterwards, lets see, then we'll head into Magic Kingdom and enjoy our last full park today.

Today I'm meeting up with my buddy Banana (Ann). She moved from Orlando to Baltimore in 2000, during our sophomore year of high school and we became really good friends. After we graduated in 2002, she moved back to Orlando. And ever since our 2005 trip, almost every trip I've been able to meet up with her. In 2005, we caught a movie at Downtown Disney and walked around, in 2006 we met up at Disneyquest. In 2007, we went to Animal Kingdom
n42707539_31577174_9463.jpg

In 2009 she stopped at our resort for a little while and in 2010, we met up in Epcot for the night. It was nice because Blake and I had just gotten engaged that night and she had just found out she was pregnant about a week ago.
165377_634996091008_42707539_35156677_6885154_n.jpg

So this year, the plan is for her and her baby, Logan to meet up at Magic Kingdom. We'll probably just hit some of our favorites:
315641_729147256318_42707539_35985191_1033772333_n.jpg

296384_731109958048_42707539_36000244_1313874572_n.jpg

305866_731502960468_42707539_36003544_907611167_n.jpg

n42707539_31575773_1387.jpg

294429_731111584788_42707539_36000285_1670500420_n.jpg

I have a feeling today is just going to be a soak it all in, and take it slow kind of day. And I have no problem with that at all. Meals here will be up in the air. Either cosmic rays or columbia harbor house, whatever the general decision is. At this point I'm not sure how long we're staying, since it's not a Very Merry Christmas Party night, might be staying for the castle lighting if we didn't get a chance to on thursday night. Then it'll be time to head back to the resort and see that god forsaken magical express pass on our hotel room door with that horrendously early bus shuttle time. Thankfully our flight isn't until 9am this year, it won't be as bad in past years.

But with that everyone, I hope you had a great and happy thanksgiving weekend! I shall leave you with a trivia question to ponder upon:

Question: In Pirates of the Caribbean, at the end of the ride in the jail scene, what are the 3 objects that each of the 3 pirates are holding in their hands?

Pirates is my favorite ride, but I really don't know the answer... I know one of them is holding a bone, I think another has a rope, but I just don't know what the third one has... I cannot think of what he is holding. Hmmm, your going to have to tell us!

I can't wait to hear about your trip, it sounds like a lot of fun. Oh and BTW, I love your fiance's name. It's my youngest kiddos name too!

Love Kona and the Tonga Toast is amazing! It kept me full from 10:30am to dinner. And anything that keeps me full that long has GOT to be good!

I did not have the coffee there and I am a huge coffee drinker, but I have to drink it the second I get up and then I can often go all day with drinking it again. :lovestruc my Keurig. It makes mornings far, far better. I knew I would have been much too jittery to drink more. I guess I'll have to stay at the Poly someday and have it delivered to my door.

We are planning to go into MK Saturday evening as well. I want to see the fireworks. We had a dinner ADR at GF Cafe which I will likely cancel to give us more MK time.

How great that you are meeting up with your highschool friend.

I love that picture on BTMMR!

YAY for meeting up with good friends at Disney!! I'm sure your MK day will be delightful!!!!

Love your pictures!!!!!

I only know of a bone and a rope, I don't remember what the third thing the pirates are holding at the end of the ride!!!

Pirates is my favorite ride, but I really don't know the answer... I know one of them is holding a bone, I think another has a rope, but I just don't know what the third one has... I cannot think of what he is holding. Hmmm, your going to have to tell us!

I can't wait to hear about your trip, it sounds like a lot of fun. Oh and BTW, I love your fiance's name. It's my youngest kiddos name too!
I could only think of 2 out of the 3 too! But yes, rope and bone are correct!! :thumbsup2

Aw thanks so much! It's going to be such a blast, we're normally only able to go for 5 days, some years only 4, so 7 is going to be such a treat!! And thanks! Blake seems to be getting a popular name. He said growing up, he never knew another Blake and now our next door neighbors son is Blake and he calls my Blake, "Mr. Blake" :rotfl:

Love Kona and the Tonga Toast is amazing! It kept me full from 10:30am to dinner. And anything that keeps me full that long has GOT to be good!

I did not have the coffee there and I am a huge coffee drinker, but I have to drink it the second I get up and then I can often go all day with drinking it again. :lovestruc my Keurig. It makes mornings far, far better. I knew I would have been much too jittery to drink more. I guess I'll have to stay at the Poly someday and have it delivered to my door.

We are planning to go into MK Saturday evening as well. I want to see the fireworks. We had a dinner ADR at GF Cafe which I will likely cancel to give us more MK time.

How great that you are meeting up with your highschool friend.

I love that picture on BTMMR!
Mmmm to Tonga Toast! I can't wait!! I feel like I could eat all day in Disney, and sometimes I do ;)

I just love the taste of coffee, I don't normally drink it in Disney because unfortunately my keurig has spoiled me so I'm excited to try the Poly's coffee and see how it fares in comparison!

We missed Wishes last year because of the fog, and you MUST catch the castle lighting for the icicle lights, SO beautiful!!

YAY for meeting up with good friends at Disney!! I'm sure your MK day will be delightful!!!!

Love your pictures!!!!!

I only know of a bone and a rope, I don't remember what the third thing the pirates are holding at the end of the ride!!!
Totally right on the 2 out of the 3 answers! Although, I must ride Pirates in 2 weeks to confirm my answer that was given on the trivia website :thumbsup2

My cottage cheese for breakfast is just not cutting it anymore, I want tonga toast! :rotfl2:

Is it a rope, bone and lantern?

My cottage cheese for breakfast is just not cutting it anymore, I want tonga toast! :rotfl2:

Is it a rope, bone and lantern?
Have you had Tonga Toast before LL?? I know you've eaten at Kona before, at least for lunch anyway, but have you eaten there for breakfast?
Mmm, it sounds so delicious!

Nope! 2 out of 3..the 3rd is a silver cup which I just googled and technically he's not holding it, it's next to him. I must investigate this while I'm down there!

Have you had Tonga Toast before LL?? I know you've eaten at Kona before, at least for lunch anyway, but have you eaten there for breakfast?
Mmm, it sounds so delicious!

Nope! 2 out of 3..the 3rd is a silver cup which I just googled and technically he's not holding it, it's next to him. I must investigate this while I'm down there!

I haven't yet but I imagine I would like it. Though I really want those macadamia pancakes, those are much more my style. :laughing:

I haven't yet but I imagine I would like it. Though I really want those macadamia pancakes, those are much more my style. :laughing:

Oh my gosh I've heard they are to die for! My mom is leaning toward getting those at Kona. Although, knowing us, we'll probably split them both right down the center and share them!

I'm sorry, but if you didn't like Soarin, Expedition Everest will totally make you sick. Just a warning. If you just get scared, then totally do it. But if you get motion sickness, no, don't do it.

Either way, have fun :). And maybe I'll see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter