Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was people are having fits over the idea of charging for some kind of paid system, yet everyone seems to accept what Universal does- which is charge out the backside for a pass that doesn't even get you through the line quickly if the parks are busy. If they aren't busy, I don't need a FP system.
For me the only issue with the Universal system is too many people get access to it. Good FP systems work when they are severely limited to how much is available. I personally have no issues with paid systems. Most parks I go to I pay for it every time no matter the price. My goal when I go to parks is to ride attractions and multiple times. I don't go to parks for characters, parades, food or fireworks.

My point was people are having fits over the idea of charging for some kind of paid system, yet everyone seems to accept what Universal does- which is charge out the backside for a pass that doesn't even get you through the line quickly if the parks are busy. If they aren't busy, I don't need a FP system.
Universal gives you 3 choices; regular line, express line and vip tours.

Limiting Express Pass sales, charging $$$, is fair to guest who don't want to pay extra. A less expensive FP, genie wish or whatever would cause a park to sell more passes to make the same revenue. Guests who don't pay to play might wind up lines that are way too long. Universal typically doesn't offer Express Lines the first few years. You can generally rush at rope drop. Sometimes close to park closing works. Hagrids will frequently go to VQ.

For me the only issue with the Universal system is too many people get access to it. Good FP systems work when they are severely limited to how much is available. I personally have no issues with paid systems. Most parks I go to I pay for it every time no matter the price. My goal when I go to parks is to ride attractions and multiple times. I don't go to parks for characters, parades, food or fireworks.
What are your favorite rides?

Universal gives you 3 choices; regular line, express line and vip tours.

Limiting Express Pass sales, charging $$$, is fair to guest who don't want to pay extra. A less expensive FP, genie wish or whatever would cause a park to sell more passes to make the same revenue. Guests who don't pay to play might wind up lines that are way too long. Universal typically doesn't offer Express Lines the first few years. You can generally rush at rope drop. Sometimes close to park closing works. Hagrids will frequently go to VQ.

Single rider on quite a few rides also

What are your favorite rides?
Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Jungle Cruise, Everest and Haunted Mansion. I also not a big IP person either. My favorite Disney park growing up was EPCOT. It saddens me to see it basically become a permanent food festival with a high entrance fee.

I have personally never waited longer then 10-15 minutes at universal with EP. Most of the time it was a walk on.

Have never been to universal. Staying at Portofino Dec 5-7, which gives EP for 2 park tickets. Since it is the middle of the week and early Dec, hoping this means walk on for almost all attractions.

Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Jungle Cruise, Everest and Haunted Mansion. I also not a big IP person either. My favorite Disney park growing up was EPCOT. It saddens me to see it basically become a permanent food festival with a high entrance fee.
Agree with you on Epcot.

Would you not bother complaining if the issue was WDW and just always choose Universal instead? (pretending you liked Universal and went there instead)
No, I wouldn't (maybe just on disboards, lol). That might be the case this time. I love WDW (and can't speak to universal since I haven't tried it but would love to) but many of the things we love about vacationing there have been eliminated (not sunshine though, can't take that one from us :rotfl:). That said, other parks don't offer most of those things either (ME, EMH, dining plan, etc), and many of them could return. We've always chosen WDW, but we've always looked at other options.

I will be watching to see how everything unfolds, and just go with the best option. I haven't loved a lot of the rumors but this 3 wishes one really interests me, especially if they are pretty much guaranteed, maybe even more so if you could purchase them as a family rather than per person.

I don't think my opinion is really that important, they will make their choices based on revenue regardless.

Last edited:

It sounds like you need to experience the Universal Express pass to understand better.

I readily admit my ignorance of Universal’s system, The one time we went, we stayed at one of their hotels that included it for free. The park was so empty we rarely used it though.
I didn't think Universal has been empty since the Wizzarding World of Harry Potter opened. If you've been since then, I'd really be interested to know if there is a quiet time of year to go.

I didn't think Universal has been empty since the Wizzarding World of Harry Potter opened. If you've been since then, I'd really be interested to know if there is a quiet time of year to go.
I've always gone in February and never had an issue with wait times.

I went once during the first week of November 2015, and it was pretty empty. The longest I waited for anything was 30 minutes for the Gringott's ride, which was the newest ride at the time. We bought the park to park pass and finished everything we wanted to do (major attractions for adults) by 2:30.

It’s been a long time, probably the year of or year after Potter, late August maybe. I recall they closed early the day we were there for the Halloween event. We’re just not big on Universal so haven’t returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter