• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

So sorry to hear you didn't really enjoy Boma for breadfast. DH and I also loved their dinner and are looking forward to breakfast there in October. We will also be doing the Deluxe DDP, but only a few breakfasts so hopefully we will enjoy what they have to offer.

I can see how at the end of a trip with Deluxe dining, you might not want to look at more food. Reminds me of October, and we only had 5 days on the DxDP.

Having just booked our stay at AKV for October, we will most definitely be eating breakfast at Boma while we are there. Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations - and, I must admit, those cinnamon rolls did look a little on the dry side - but I hope it was just an off day.

Can't believe your trip is almost over :sad2:

IMG_9870.jpg

Those little chocolate croissant buggers were wonderful!

But I was a bit disappointed that there were no zebra domes for breakfast. :sad2: :rotfl2:

Thank you so much for your great reviews - the pictures are brilliant, and the food all looks so good! princess:

:confused: :confused: What to do, what to do. I've just read your ENTIRE report and I have a breakfast ADR for Kona (For the Tonga Toast), but after seeing your experience at O'Hana, I'm wondering if I should go there. I'll be going by myself (DH will be at a convention) and I'm already doing two other character meals. What do I do!!????

Sorry this didn't live up to the hype for you guys. We love it there for breakfast and we always go on our last day at Disney. My favorite thing is the carved ham with the Boma mustard. Actually, all the meats at the carving station get a big thumbs up from me.

See, I'm not a big meat eater so I kind of bypassed the carving station! It wasn't bad, just not as great as we'd hoped! (And you're still so speedy with your replies!)

Aw I am so sad that you didn't get to try more of the yummy things at the Boma breakfast. It is my absolute favorite, but then again when we know we are going to eat there we don't eat much the day before to prepare our stomachs to be stuffed! Haha. We never do the dining plan so this is a big treat for us. But even though it is my favorite, I agree I am not a huge fan of their cinnamon rolls, they are just sort of sticky, but the bread is dry. I love their curry sausage biscuit dish so much we are making it for Easter breakfast this year (or at least we are going to try!).

I can't wait to read more :)

Ooh, have fun making your curry sausage biscuit dish!! I don't even remember seeing that at Boma! Sounds interesting!! You're right about the cinammon rolls - sticky but dry! Weird!!

I am so sorry that you didnt like Boma that much...it is one of our fave places to go but I will admit there are a few items on the buffet that I do not care for either

I think it was your reviews that convinced me to go to Boma for breakfast, actually!! Your photos of the cinammon rolls especially! :lmao: It wasn't terrible - just not one of our favourites.

So sorry to hear you didn't really enjoy Boma for breadfast. DH and I also loved their dinner and are looking forward to breakfast there in October. We will also be doing the Deluxe DDP, but only a few breakfasts so hopefully we will enjoy what they have to offer.

I hope you enjoy your breakfast at Boma!! There's lots of yummy food, I'm sure - we were just too full to try anything else!

My favorite as well....YUM!:thumbsup2

Maybe I should have tried the ham!!? :confused3

I can see how at the end of a trip with Deluxe dining, you might not want to look at more food. Reminds me of October, and we only had 5 days on the DxDP.

Auh, totally! I didn't want to look at food for a good couple of weeks after our trip to Disney, seriously!! I was fooded out!

Having just booked our stay at AKV for October, we will most definitely be eating breakfast at Boma while we are there. Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations - and, I must admit, those cinnamon rolls did look a little on the dry side - but I hope it was just an off day.

Can't believe your trip is almost over :sad2:

Lucky you, staying at AKV! I love that resort, it's beautiful! Hopefully your cinammon rolls will be a bit fresher than ours! :thumbsup2

Those little chocolate croissant buggers were wonderful!

But I was a bit disappointed that there were no zebra domes for breakfast. :sad2: :rotfl2:

If there were zebra domes for breakfast, I would have just had a little plate full of those, and been very happy! The chocolate croissants were pretty good though, you're right!

:thumbsup2

Great review :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your great reviews - the pictures are brilliant, and the food all looks so good! princess:

I'm glad you've enjoyed my reviews! Thanks for reading! :banana:

:confused: :confused: What to do, what to do. I've just read your ENTIRE report and I have a breakfast ADR for Kona (For the Tonga Toast), but after seeing your experience at O'Hana, I'm wondering if I should go there. I'll be going by myself (DH will be at a convention) and I'm already doing two other character meals. What do I do!!????

Ooh, that's a dilemma! Could you squeeze in both somehow? We really enjoyed both those breakfasts. The Tonga Toast was delicious, but meeting Stitch and eating all the yummy 'Ohana breakfast goodies was lots of fun too. If I had to choose between the two... I might lean towards 'Ohana. But you're already doing two other character meals, so maybe you might want something a bit more laid-back and relaxing, like Kona?! Eeek, sorry, I'm not much help!! :confused3

Next reviews coming up soon!! Some snacks, and Roaring Fork for lunch. :thumbsup2

thank you so much for the review I got to see a lot of food and places I was curious about this def helps when it comes to planning and making our own ADR's Again you did a great job and to be honest I was feeling full watching ya'll eat all this food.. LOL.. thanks Again

Ooh, that's a dilemma! Could you squeeze in both somehow? We really enjoyed both those breakfasts. The Tonga Toast was delicious, but meeting Stitch and eating all the yummy 'Ohana breakfast goodies was lots of fun too. If I had to choose between the two... I might lean towards 'Ohana. But you're already doing two other character meals, so maybe you might want something a bit more laid-back and relaxing, like Kona?! Eeek, sorry, I'm not much help!! :confused3

Thanks!! Maybe I can go to O'Hana for BR and just call Kona to see if I can just have some Tonga Toast to go and have it for a different day. I love the characters!!! I want it all!!! :yay:

Thanks!! Maybe I can go to O'Hana for BR and just call Kona to see if I can just have some Tonga Toast to go and have it for a different day. I love the characters!!! I want it all!!! :yay:

You can always get Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's (the CS eatery at the Poly).

I have lurked on these boards for months for all the amazing food photos, but I had to make an account to comment on these reviews. This thread is incredible. Your pictures are fantastic, and your commentary is both funny and helpful. Can't wait to see the last few restaurants.

Thanks a lot!

Really!! Thanks!! I just tried to call and book an ADR for O'Hana breakfast and they have no openings :sad2: But I'll keep trying!! I want to go there and see Hawiian Mickey and the reat of the gang, even though I'm eating back there the next day for dinner.

Hey I agree with you about Boma. The fruit is so fresh there. I loved the fruit.

thank you so much for the review I got to see a lot of food and places I was curious about this def helps when it comes to planning and making our own ADR's Again you did a great job and to be honest I was feeling full watching ya'll eat all this food.. LOL.. thanks Again

Thanks! I'm so glad my reviews have helped you with your planning! :thumbsup2

That's a good idea!!

That's a good idea too!!! :)

didnt know that thanks

I didn't know that either. Hehee!

I have lurked on these boards for months for all the amazing food photos, but I had to make an account to comment on these reviews. This thread is incredible. Your pictures are fantastic, and your commentary is both funny and helpful. Can't wait to see the last few restaurants.

Thanks a lot!

Aw, thank you! And welcome to the DIS boards, officially!! :woohoo: I'm so glad you joined to say hi!!

Really!! Thanks!! I just tried to call and book an ADR for O'Hana breakfast and they have no openings :sad2: But I'll keep trying!! I want to go there and see Hawiian Mickey and the reat of the gang, even though I'm eating back there the next day for dinner.

Oh, bummer! Keep trying though - you never know!! What time are you trying for? We went at 7.30 and there were lots of empty tables then!

Hey I agree with you about Boma. The fruit is so fresh there. I loved the fruit.

The fruit was great!! :banana:

After our Boma breakfast, we headed out to the bus area and caught the next bus to Animal Kingdom! Yay! We really hadn't seen much of Animal Kingdom because when we went there the first time, we were so worried about Annie (our cat!), that we only stayed a couple of hours. So we were looking forward to heading back there again.

During our day there, we realised we had squillions of snack credits left. Because we'd had so many main meals, we were full ALL the time, so we just weren't using our snack credits! Only the occasional bottle of water here or there. What a waste! So we decided to use 2 snack credits to buy an ice-cream each - a chocolate covered frozen banana for me, and a Crunch ice-cream for DH.

IMG_9922.jpg

Yum!! I loved my frozen banana!!

A bit later on, I decided to use another snack credit and buy some popcorn. I LOVE popcorn and I hadn't had any throughout my whole time at Disney!! Augh!

IMG_9923.jpg

Fantastic!! Don't you just love Disney popcorn!?

We really enjoyed our Animal Kingdom snacks! I think this was one of the biggest problems with the Deluxe Dining Plan for us - we just had no room in our tummies for snacks! Before we went, I had a big list of snacks to try, and ended up having hardly any of them. Because we were just SO FULL, all the time!!

I know I keep saying that, but it's really true. We both felt bloated and were never hungry. That's not fun. Especially when you know you have another ADR coming up in an hour. I used to read other people's dining reports who would say, "The deluxe dining plan is too much food!" and I would think, "Nooo, they're just not doing it right." But really, it is a LOT of food and you have to have a massive appetite to enjoy it properly. It was just too much food for us, and we'll never do it again.

Next time, I'd definitely stick with the regular dining plan. One sit-down meal a day, a counter-service meal, and a snack. Perfect. :thumbsup2

Anyway, after a fun morning at Animal Kingdom, we headed back to the Wilderness Lodge for a rest. We'd planned to head to Downtown Disney to eat at either Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express, but instead, we went down to Roaring Fork and grabbed a Pepperoni Pizza Flatbread to share, and a cupcake...

IMG_9928.jpg

This was awesome!! It was crispy and hot and delicious!! We ate it while sitting on our balcony, and totally enjoyed it. Here's DH relaxing on our balcony...

IMG_9930.jpg

This is what we wished we could have done more of, instead of always rushing to our next table-service ADR. Sometimes there's nothing like a quick pizza on your balcony!! But again, we just didn't have time for it on the Deluxe Dining Plan - because to get your money's worth, you should be having a big three course meal! Wah!

So our lesson was learnt. Next time, no Deluxe Dining Plan for us! Next time, there will be more relaxing and pizzas and cupcakes and popcorn!! Isn't that what a Disney trip is all about, really!? ::yes::

Next up... We'd enjoy a nice dinner at Mama Melrose. Or would we....!!?!

Okay, I want to pick your brain on the Deluxe DP...can you take the 2 TS credits per day and just do one signature restaurant meal instead? I could never do 2 TS per day, but we do eat signature most every night, so that could make the Deluxe plan worth it for us.

Okay, I want to pick your brain on the Deluxe DP...can you take the 2 TS credits per day and just do one signature restaurant meal instead? I could never do 2 TS per day, but we do eat signature most every night, so that could make the Deluxe plan worth it for us.

You get 3 meals a day, not 2. Wahhh! But you can use those meals any way you like. So yes, you could do a 2 TS restaurant for dinner. But you'd still have another credit left over.

You could just use it on a counter service meal, but that's not really getting your money's worth. When we did a 2 TS dinner, we usually had a breakfast that morning as well.

See!? Lots of food!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter