Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

benefit of the doubt: These limited events draw in bots which overwhelm the system and also companies will take down their sites if they can't block the bots.
I wish they had a test before you entered the Q to stop bots

Like for people who come late, not much to be done but if I'm in the Q 10 mins before there could be a way to stop bots and lets people get tickets if they are there before ticket sales start

We went for the first time 2 years ago and it wasn't too bad a process comparatively. Think it was maybe an hour in the online queue before my spot opened up. Only bad part was that the date I was hoping for was already sold out by then and with the 10 minute (or so) countdown I had to make an executive decision on another date without the time to consult the family. Worked out thankfully. Hopefully this year goes at least that good, if not better, and not another repeat of last years complete crapshow.

So the tickets open up for MK holders first. Wonder what cap is for that sale for number of tickets available? Percentage wise just wondering.

It’s astounding that a giant entity like Disney struggles so badly with technology processes like these. This feels similar to trying to get passes to San Diego Comic Con. We gave up trying years ago.
It's a tale as old as time with Disney and their website technology.

I'm fully on the side of "Disney doesn't care, they sell every ticket either way."

The only way to fight this (other than asking for a social security number and limit to 8 tickets each or something) is to increase the number of tickets, or raise the price. I wonder if the demand would be the same at $200/tix....

Edit: Or we get regulation in this, laws, that reselling sites can be fined for reselling tickets that have a "no resell clause" associated with them or something. People will always text each other or have small groups of friends they sell tickets to, but the big problem is just dumping them on the sites. If those sites could be fined $500 per ticket they sold if a company made a claim against their tickets being resold as long as there was clear language on their ticket "NOT FOR RESELL" or something, then that could shut things down... but regulation is trampling all over peoples freedoms... bought that concert ticket but can't go now, shouldn't you be able to try to get some money back by selling it?

So we have nonactivated Imagine keys (planning to start in august) linked to the account. Will buying OBB activate them? I hope not!

I’m going to attempt getting tickets this year. Curious how this works- is there any benefit to getting online before 845? Or do they randomly admit people right at 845 regardless of when you sign in?

I’m going to attempt getting tickets this year. Curious how this works- is there any benefit to getting online before 845? Or do they randomly admit people right at 845 regardless of when you sign in?
I would log in early and make sure everything is accurate with your account, linked credit card, etc. And join the queue a few minutes early if it allows you to. Just in case there’s an issue you need to fix.

I'm bummed; I wish there was an option for resort guests with verified hotel rooms to be able to book earlier than the general public. Or even a DVC early booking window. We're going for my daughter's 8th birthday, have rooms at DVC tower, and are "hoping" for OBB tix on Halloween. But after reading all these comments, we might be sunk :(.

I'm bummed; I wish there was an option for resort guests with verified hotel rooms to be able to book earlier than the general public. Or even a DVC early booking window. We're going for my daughter's 8th birthday, have rooms at DVC tower, and are "hoping" for OBB tix on Halloween. But after reading all these comments, we might be sunk :(.
If you know a Magic Key holder they can try to buy your tickets for you during the presale.

Otherwise, the morning of the general sale, make sure you are ready before the waiting room opens and trying with multiple devices and multiple accounts to improve your chances.

How many tickets can MK holders buy for non-family members? Surely there is a cap. Doesn’t seem quite fair that they can buy for friends, etc. but not much at Disney is fair these days.

How many tickets can MK holders buy for non-family members? Surely there is a cap. Doesn’t seem quite fair that they can buy for friends, etc. but not much at Disney is fair these days.
I think you can buy eight tickets, which applies to anyone purchasing tickets, whether you have a Magic Key or not. And you are not limited to family members, you can buys them for anyone.

Yes definitely.
Even if the Magic Key holder is not buying a ticket for themselves? My neice is magic key holder and lives locally. We want to try to attend OBB in Sept when we are out there for her wedding. She won’t be attending because she leave for her honeymoon. Can she buy 3 tickets for us even if she isn’t buying a ticket for her?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter