Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

Even if the Magic Key holder is not buying a ticket for themselves? My neice is magic key holder and lives locally. We want to try to attend OBB in Sept when we are out there for her wedding. She won’t be attending because she leave for her honeymoon. Can she buy 3 tickets for us even if she isn’t buying a ticket for her?
Yes, she can.

My magic key expires in early September, and I'm not sure if I'll renew or not. Will I be able to buy tickets and use them regardless of if I renew my key? Or will I not even be able to purchase? Sounds like using them isn't an issue if key holders can buy tickets for friends/family.

So does this lead to some OBB tickets getting sold on the black market? Does the person need to know the people's names when they are buying the tickets?
I do believe names are assigned at the time of purchase. I can't remember from last year though. I mean, people are going to always try to resell tickets, even though its not allowed and risky for both parties. I have read about people being having their Magic Keys revoked, being banned from Disney for life, and/or not being allowed into OBB due to having sold or purchased "black market" tickets. it's really not worth it honestly, I don't see why people even try.

My magic key expires in early September, and I'm not sure if I'll renew or not. Will I be able to buy tickets and use them regardless of if I renew my key? Or will I not even be able to purchase? Sounds like using them isn't an issue if key holders can buy tickets for friends/family.
You can still use them even if your pass is expired by the time of your party date. It needs to be current (and activated I believe) at the time of purchase.

So does this lead to some OBB tickets getting sold on the black market? Does the person need to know the people's names when they are buying the tickets?

The names technically do not matter. They don't check your ID when they scan your OBB ticket. Though one would think with all the resell trouble, they would change that, but they haven't. However, HONEST people won't attempt to do anything with that except perhaps gift a ticket to someone. Because none of us want our Magic Keys revoked!

Yes, you will be able to buy tickets on the pre-sale. Disney has no way of knowing whether you're going to renew or not. And once you have the tickets, they are yours regardless of your Magic Key status.

You can still use them even if your pass is expired by the time of your party date. It needs to be current (and activated I believe) at the time of purchase.
Thank you! That is great to know! That's how I got my tickets last time, I thankfully didn't have to go through the disaster that was the general sale.

A quick google search and you will find lots of Reddit threads about this topic complete with screenshots of tickets for sale. It seems to be fairly common practice. Disney could easily stop this by requiring the tickets to be registered to ticket holders and checking IDs, but they don’t and they won’t because money is money to them.

Does DL have different ‘buckets’ of tix each sell date?

Or is 100% availability released on the 1st date?

Will be @ WDW on 27th :rolleyes1 , how long should I plan on waiting in the queue @ 11:45 am (EST);)

Previous years the early sale dates also sold out so they must be limited
Searched here, didn’t see a thread discussing this.

Does anyone have a link to to the timing of last year’s sell out dates?

Know there were glitches for magic key holders

Searched here, didn’t see a thread discussing this.

Does anyone have a link to to the timing of last year’s sell out dates?

Know there were glitches for magic key holders

See post 22 above.

I expect all tickets to sell out on the first day they are available (meaning Inspire will sell out on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday, and all other tix on Thursday). If the system holds up.

Last edited:
There is no telling. You could be lucky and get in early, or it could be many hours. It’s a frustrating process.
DL apparently has much higher hoops to navigate than WDW. Going to be weird to be sitting on the bench in WDW while the family plays that day. Oh well, long as I manage to snag the tix won’t grumble

Another Q, since our plan is to do DL & was planning on 5 park days, would have a day open to fill on the trip. The mr mentioned maybe try for 2 of the parties. Gave him the eye and told him we’d be lucky to get 1!!! Especially as I figure the 1st date will disappear quickly with bloggers/influencers.

Anyone know if are you able to try to book two (2) different dates in one transaction (in our case, two days/4 tickets total) or do you get booted back out of queue to start again for a 2nd date in that case?

DL apparently has much higher hoops to navigate than WDW. Going to be weird to be sitting on the bench in WDW while the family plays that day. Oh well, long as I manage to snag the tix won’t grumble

Another Q, since our plan is to do DL & was planning on 5 park days, would have a day open to fill on the trip. The mr mentioned maybe try for 2 of the parties. Gave him the eye and told him we’d be lucky to get 1!!! Especially as I figure the 1st date will disappear quickly with bloggers/influencers.

Anyone know if are you able to try to book two (2) different dates in one transaction (in our case, two days/4 tickets total) or do you get booted back out of queue to start again for a 2nd date in that case?

You do get a warning before your turn to purchase comes up, so don’t just sit on a bench! Just keep an eye on the walking guy screen while it says more than an hour and maybe take a seat when you get the message that your turn will come in X minutes. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but even if you temporarily lose connection on your phone, I think you will be placed back in the queue where you were.

We were able to book 2 different dates in the same session a couple of years ago.

You do get a warning before your turn to purchase comes up, so don’t just sit on a bench! Just keep an eye on the walking guy screen while it says more than an hour and maybe take a seat when you get the message that your turn will come in X minutes.
Duh I just stumbled on the below in a blog. Does it sound about right?

If you’re waiting in the online queue to purchase tickets, you can be digitally notified when it’s your time to enter the ticket store.

Once in the queue, choose the “notify me” option and enter your email address.

You’ll receive an email letting you know it’s your turn to enter the ticket store by following the online instructions.

Duh I just stumbled on the below in a blog. Does it sound about right?

If you’re waiting in the online queue to purchase tickets, you can be digitally notified when it’s your time to enter the ticket store.

Once in the queue, choose the “notify me” option and enter your email address.

You’ll receive an email letting you know it’s your turn to enter the ticket store by following the online instructions.

I haven’t seen this before but that would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest