Online Passport Renewal

I had to take my mask off at TSA for flights within the U.S. in March, but not my glasses. I haven't been out of the U.S. since 2019, but my daughter is moving to Germany so there will be international travel in my future.
Where in Germany is she moving to? We are in Northern Bavaria, in Nuremberg.

I submitted my renewal online today. Fingers crossed the photo is accepted. . . The process other than the photo was very easy. I always worried about the photo when mailing a renewal too, so that concern is nothing new for me. My sister took six different photos, two each with different distance from the camera, so I do have some other options if it’s not.

I submitted my renewal online today. Fingers crossed the photo is accepted. . . The process other than the photo was very easy. I always worried about the photo when mailing a renewal too, so that concern is nothing new for me. My sister took six different photos, two each with different distance from the camera, so I do have some other options if it’s not.
I'll have my fingers crossed for you! I'll be interested to hear the timeline!

Online renewal experience was simply amazing: submitted the application online on a Friday afternoon (the website didn't accept applications until about 1PM Eastern), received the passport in the mail 8 days later!
The photo that I took on an iPhone was at first rejected for too dark of a background. I edited the 'contrast' to brighten the photo up and it was accepted. Can't recommend the online renewal enough!

Online renewal experience this month:
July 10 - submitted online
July 12 - email saying payment processed and now application under review
July 17 - renewal approved and next step would be printing
July 19 - email saying was mailed
July 22 - received in mail (a tracking number was provided in the July 19 email)

Our timeline was very similar to yours.
Submitted wife and mine July 12.
Payment accepted July 15.
Received first passport book July 25.
Received both passport cards July 26.
Received the other passport July 27.

We signed up for notifications but the only notice we received was for our payments being accepted.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you! I'll be interested to hear the timeline!
I submitted my online renewal July 22nd and received an email this morning that it has been mailed, with a tracking number. Today would be exactly 14 calendar days since I submitted it. I think that is pretty fast. Fingers crossed that USPS doesn’t lose it . . .

I submitted my online renewal July 22nd and received an email this morning that it has been mailed, with a tracking number. Today would be exactly 14 calendar days since I submitted it. I think that is pretty fast. Fingers crossed that USPS doesn’t lose it . . .

Was there an option for expedited (overnight) shipping?

I renewed via mail and didn't pay for expedited return shipping, but I still got my passport 2 days after they mailed it.

Sister did the online renewal - it took 9 days from application to arrival. Two days of that were Priority Mail shipping (that’s the default, no extra fee) from Tucson AZ to AL.

Sister did the online renewal - it took 9 days from application to arrival. Two days of that were Priority Mail shipping (that’s the default, no extra fee) from Tucson AZ to AL.
Mine arrived today, also sent from Tucson. I haven’t received the passport card yet, but it came a couple of days later last time.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest