On to healthy living......

Welcome to journaling, WISH and low carbing! This is a great place to get inspiration and encouragement!

I'm following South Beach. Are you following a particular low carb program?

As far as the headaches go, how long did you stick with the program? I found that once I got through the first week, drank my water, ate enough food and exercised, I didn't have headaches or any other type of symptoms.

I wish you well with your journey! :)

hey wilderness, welcome to the wish journals! :wave:

good luck on your journey, be sure to come by often, and ask any questions you might have. there are lots of low carbers around here, and they are a wealth of information ::yes::

hope that you are doing well and doing okay surviving the headaches! talk to you later :wave2:

P.S. I read someone's radish recipe and tried it. It DOES taste similar to hash browns. Yum. Thanks.

Hello Wilderness:wave: ,

Welcome to the WISH journals. Thanks for posting to my journal. I'm not on the boards much of the weekend, so I haven popped in before now. HIPPA makes my life difficult. Families just don't understand why i can't give info over the phone. I've dealt with many a frustrated family member.

Looks like you are going strong. I had a headache on days 2-4 of induction. I needed more water and snacks. Keep the snacks going, and that should help. Are you taking a multivitamin this time?

Great job resisting those cookies! Keep up the good work.

:sunny:
Beth

:wave: Welcome Wilderness,
I'm happy that you came out of lurk mode and started your own journal :D . It sounds like you are on the right track so far. Keep up the great work ::yes:: ! Have a wonderful day :sunny: !

Hi Wilderness!! :wave2:

Glad you're joining us on the WISH Journal board!!

The headaches when you first start can be tough!! The fact is that your body has been living on carb stuff for so long that it's really good at making the needed enzymes to digest that stuff. Now that you're eating differently, your body has to stop making so much of those kinds of enzymes and work on making a different kind to digest the low-carb food you're eating. You have to be patient and give your body time to adjust. I promise it will get better!

Drinking lots of water is key and will be a big help.

I also really think you should be taking a basic multivitamin. Every low-carb plan recommends it - they can't all be wrong! :p

Best wishes and happy you're on the healthy living journey!! :sunny:

Hi Wilderness,

What department do you work in? I hope you had a good shift. I sent you a PM.

Get some sleep.
Beth

Hello Wilderness01 and welcome to WISH! :wave: I don't know much about low carbing but there are tons of WISHers here who do so you have come to the right place, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. Good luck with your weight loss! :sunny:

Hi Wilderness,

I'm just checking in with you. Oh, by the way, B complex vitamins help weightloss by aiding digestion and absorption of protein. They also help in a million other ways.

Take Care,
Beth

Hi wilderness, welcome to WISH!

Good luck with the headaches. I follow a diabetic type plan, which offers considerably more carbs than Atkins. I am "allowed" 45g of carbs per meal, but usually limit it to 30g. It's kept me on a pretty steady loss, without giving up everything.

Good luck!

Maybe if I pushed more water the weight loss would be greater? I KNOW better but I just have a hard time doing it!

Water can be tough! I try to get 60 oz in during my work hours (basically 8 to 4). If I don't finish it then, I always drink more at home in the evening.

There are some 0 calorie flavored waters that some people around here use. You can find them at the grocery store.

My best tip is that I tend to drink more when I have a straw, so now I always have a straw in my mug - I use the refillable mugs we've gotten at WDW through the years.

You'll find a way! Best wishes!! :sunny:

Hi Wilderness,

Sorry I haven't been around. It is really tough to get to the boards on the weekend. I work cadre, so it work/sleep all weekend. It looks like you are doing a great job. 6 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. As far as water is concerned, you can try the bottled Crystal light or Ice. Both are sweetened with Splenda and available at costco. I love Diet Rite, but was substituting too much for my water. Now, I have to drink 2 liters water before I can drink my Diet Rite.

You'll figure out what works for you.

Congrats,
Beth

The water does get old....however it is a must. You are doing great though in the amount of time you have been on the diet. I try to get alot of my water down during meals. I have found that I get drink almost half of my daily water at supper. It also keeps you from eating so much. Sip while you are talking at dinner. Before you know it, the water will be gone.

Keep up the great work!

Later,

Dax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter