OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

There are both dedicated and lock off units. If your reservation says '2 BR' is will be dedicated. If it is reserved as a lock off, the reservation will say so.

Are all the pools and hot tubs open at OKW now? At the small pools have the rules changed for use of pools, tables and chairs like in the past.

Pools and hot tubs are open. Chairs are grouped and distanced from others. Feature pools have set hours and quiet pools, the last I have heard are 24 hours.

I can't imagine the quiet pools being open 24 hours now, as they had signs saying that they closed at 10pm for several years prior to the pandemic.

That's new. Very strange. That will likely not last long, when people in nearby villas start complaining about noise. That has been an issue previously.
I think it’s been this way since reopening. I never saw anyone using the Miller’s road pool after 10:00 PM when we were there. We were in building 22 so we were a bit away from the pool if there was any noise.

What is the possibility the ferry will begin running by June? We were so hoping to have this available.
It depends on several factors, I think.

1)How widely available a COVID-19 vaccine is.

2) If they want to set up additional arrival points with temperature checks, mask checks and so forth.

3) If they are still wanting to control the number of people coming and going from Disney Springs...again setting up a n arrival center at the docks to count the number of guests.

I would say it is possible, but somewhat unlikely the ferry will return by June, especially if they limit seating on the ferry. It wouldn't be worth the cost

Last edited:
It depends on several factors, I think.

1)How widely available a COVID-18 vaccine is.

2) If they want to set up additional arrival points with temperature checks, mask checks and so forth.

3) If they are still wanting to control the number of people coming and going from Disney Springs...again setting up a n arrival center at the docks to count the number of guests.

I would say it is possible, but somewhat unlikely the ferry will return by June, especially if they limit seating on the ferry. It wouldn't be worth the cost

Thanks very much for answering. I appreciate it.

Hi.
We have a one bedroom for ten nights beginning the middle of next week.
We do not have "close to HH".
I am with my mom so I would like the bathroom door accessible to me where I don't have to go through the bedroom.
I would like somewhat of a "view". Water, golf course.
Can I request Turtle Pond? Does Turtle Pond have elevators? Do any buildings have elevators?
Thank you very much.

Only the 3 building, 62, 63 and 64 all on Miller road, have elevators.
Buildings 30 and above have the door thru the laundry to the master bath.

Attachments

• OKWmapcolor.jpg
    OKWmapcolor.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 10
Just booked for Feb. 21-23 on the basis of the ferry going to DS. So, it's not running? If not, canceling.
We where there this past weekend and they are not running at all

PS. we havent stayed at OKW in a few years. was our goto bc of the size of the 2br Villas. but our villa looked a little run down and Dated hope they are do for a refresh soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter