OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We've used Uber and Lyft down at WDW although not to Universal. What is the specific question about using it to go to Universal? Last I saw they had the drop off in a convenient location at Universal but that was awhile ago so I guess it potentially could have moved. Universal website would tell you where the pick up and drop off is though.
I guess I should have been more specific. I was curious how long it took by Uber to OKW and if it was doable..wondering if we should do a split stay Universal hotel then OKW or full time at OKW

I guess I should have been more specific. I was curious how long it took by Uber to OKW and if it was doable..wondering if we should do a split stay Universal hotel then OKW or full time at OKW

Ah - we've frequently gone to Universal while staying at Disney. On one trip I had a conference at the Royal Pacific and decided to just stay at VWL so the others along could go play at Disney while I worked. :) OKW would be slightly better for location for that. Anyway, I allowed 30-40 minutes because of the desire to be there in plenty of time but the typical drive is more in the 15-20 minute range so I don't think that's a deterrent for staying at Disney the entire time. The consideration for us is the front of the line pass you would normally get if staying at Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino. However I have no idea if Universal is allowing front of pass now or if it's like Disney where FP is not operating.

Hi.

We are staying at OKW in February and I understand I can walk to DTD but only during daylight. Is that correct? Is there a path from OKW to SSR?
I was just at SSR last month and the boats were still not running so guessing they wont be in February either, unless anyone here has heard anything.

I just wanted the easiest way for us to go back and forth to DTD. I dont mind the walk and my mom will have a scooter.

Thank you.

Hi.

We are staying at OKW in February and I understand I can walk to DTD but only during daylight. Is that correct? Is there a path from OKW to SSR?
I was just at SSR last month and the boats were still not running so guessing they wont be in February either, unless anyone here has heard anything.

I just wanted the easiest way for us to go back and forth to DTD. I dont mind the walk and my mom will have a scooter.

Thank you.

I was at OKW in Oct. The walk to DS (formerly DTD) now goes thru SSR, so yes you can walk to SSR from OKW. And yes, only during daylight. Not sure about the scooter since you need to cross a bridge and I can't remember if there were steps at the bridge.

You can't walk and enter via Cirque right now because of security and temperature checks. That's why you have to go through SSR.

Thanks. But if I can walk to SSR, I can walk to DTD. Or, do you all mean I can only walk to SSR in daylight.

We are doing this exact trip in 10 days. We are staying at Royal Pacific at Universal for four nights and then switching to seven nights at OKW. We are planning on getting an UberXL to get to OKW.
On the Uber site you can get a rate estimate (will vary based on time of day/demand) and it seems good to us.

We are doing this exact trip in 10 days. We are staying at Royal Pacific at Universal for four nights and then switching to seven nights at OKW. We are planning on getting an UberXL to get to OKW.
On the Uber site you can get a rate estimate (will vary based on time of day/demand) and it seems good to us.
I'd love to hear what you think of Royal Pacific and OKW!

So if you can't walk on the path and enter DS by Cirque how do you get there via SSR?
Right now, you don't... if the path is open from SSR to Disney Springs, you'll enter Disney Springs in the old Marketplace area.

That puts a dent in our plans, we're there for two weeks end of next month and with no parks this trip we figured to walk on the path, enter by Cirque, meander through DS and leave through the marketplace area to SSR and cross the bridge back down to OKW. We usually walk the path to DS late afternoon and return late evening on the boat, this year the bus it seems.

Hi.

I currently have a one bedroom booked and the HH option just opened up.

Why would I want to move?

Thank you.

Hi.

I currently have a one bedroom booked and the HH option just opened up.

Why would I want to move?

Thank you.
Personally, I wouldn't book HH with a one bedroom unit, unless I'm traveling by myself or just a spouse/significant other. None of the HH units have the second bathroom entrance, they all enter the bathroom through the master bedroom. The location is nice, for one or two people sharing the master bedroom, but if anyone is sleeping in the living room, that second bathroom entrance is nicer.

Personally, I wouldn't book HH with a one bedroom unit, unless I'm traveling by myself or just a spouse/significant other. None of the HH units have the second bathroom entrance, they all enter the bathroom through the master bedroom. The location is nice, for one or two people sharing the master bedroom, but if anyone is sleeping in the living room, that second bathroom entrance is nicer.

Thank you. I will be leaving my dh home and traveling with my mom. Ill be on the couch for ten days. While it isnt a dealbreaker, it is a negative since I do get up in the middle of the night.

My mom will have a scooter and we did request a building with an elevator. Im a gym rat and dont mind walking. How far away is the bus stop from the fathesr building. With a scooter, I want to get there early to get one of the first busses.

Thank you.

First time visitor to OKW on points from multiple cancelled reservations at VGC. Not looking promising in California so we thought we’d try our hand in Florida. I have a question about renting a car vs. using the shuttle system to get to the park. We will be two families (4 adults, 6 kids, ranging ages 8-1) staying in a two bedroom villa. For owners with families that size, would you recommend just getting a couple rental vans or using the shuttle system? I see reports of the shuttle system being great, and then not so great. But, I’m sure there are plenty of problems that go along with general daily Theme Park parking too. Input from anybody who has tried both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter