OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

First time visitor to OKW on points from multiple cancelled reservations at VGC. Not looking promising in California so we thought we’d try our hand in Florida. I have a question about renting a car vs. using the shuttle system to get to the park. We will be two families (4 adults, 6 kids, ranging ages 8-1) staying in a two bedroom villa. For owners with families that size, would you recommend just getting a couple rental vans or using the shuttle system? I see reports of the shuttle system being great, and then not so great. But, I’m sure there are plenty of problems that go along with general daily Theme Park parking too. Input from anybody who has tried both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We went in September and used the Magical Express for the first time and it was great! We still had to pick-up our bags at baggage claim, but not having to worry about transportation to/from the airport was wonderful! It does take some time between landing, checking in to ME, getting on the bus, and being dropped off at your resort (OKW) but it's included in your reservation and will accommodate everyone in your party. I highly recommend taking advantage of it while you still can!

First time visitor to OKW on points from multiple cancelled reservations at VGC. Not looking promising in California so we thought we’d try our hand in Florida. I have a question about renting a car vs. using the shuttle system to get to the park. We will be two families (4 adults, 6 kids, ranging ages 8-1) staying in a two bedroom villa. For owners with families that size, would you recommend just getting a couple rental vans or using the shuttle system? I see reports of the shuttle system being great, and then not so great. But, I’m sure there are plenty of problems that go along with general daily Theme Park parking too. Input from anybody who has tried both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you decide on renting vehicles, Costco has some good rates. Some rental locations also have the larger passenger vans that would fit all of you.

Thank you for the recommendation on the 12 passenger van, I think we will be doing that! It will just be easier to load everyone in the van at our own pace and drive to the parks, since parking is free. I do have a concern about parking in front of the villa though. Those vans are quite long, will that be an issue? The parking spots look smallish on google maps.

Thank you for the recommendation on the 12 passenger van, I think we will be doing that! It will just be easier to load everyone in the van at our own pace and drive to the parks, since parking is free. I do have a concern about parking in front of the villa though. Those vans are quite long, will that be an issue? The parking spots look smallish on google maps.
Mainly, be sure to avoid any parking area where buses turn around...so avoid buildings 20 and 21 as well as 49 and 50, you may get your tail clipped. Most anywhere else should be fine.

You could take the bus but you might want to load at Peninsular Rd bus stop so you can be sure to get the back end of the bus where they have more seats together.

We just brought our Ford Excursion down and stayed at OKW. Most of the parking spots are large. Parking at the HH is much more tight. Try to avoid the bus turn arounds for parking on Millers and Peninsular Road. They are not like a grocery store parking lot. If you back it in I don’t see any length issues. You will probably not have the same spot. Parking at some of them is limited. We drove around a little bit. Took the buses to most parks. Had to park at the next building over once, but it was no big deal. Dropped everyone off in front of our Villa turned around and found the closest parking spot. I would avoid driving to the Magic Kingdom if possible. You have to park in the parking lot, walk to the TTC then board a bus or Ferry to get there. It takes a long time. If you take a bus you get dropped off really close. We had to drive to the MK due to a dinner reservation at the Wave after park closing. I went back and got the vehicle while the rest took the monorail over to the Contemporary. Good luck.

Last edited:
The last time we stayed there someone parked a small limo bus in the parking lot. It stuck out a little bit. It wouldn’t hsve been so bad if they hadn’t parked next to the stop sign.

Should we stay at SSR for Feb. 2022 or try something different with OKW? We went to Olivia's for dinner on our last visit to SSR and DD was eyeing the pool at OKW and we liked the boat ride..although we do like being able to walk from SSR to DS as it seems quicker. Boat was pretty but kind of slow. Although, I think it would be fun to try something different at OKW!

Hi need a little help with a grand villa location recommendation not in a preferred category close to HH? Last minute change my whole family is going now and was able to grab one starting on 2/6! I was thinking building 16 after looking at a old map that marked grand villas but just hoping it was walking distance for my young grandchildren? Also seeing boats aren't operating yet to downtown Disney? And if possible anyone have a picture of recreation activities for the resort? Also hoping park buses r running ok? I know I'm asking a lot but we've never stayed there and trying to plan since we switched Resorts at the last minute! Ty!!!

Hi need a little help with a grand villa location recommendation not in a preferred category close to HH? Last minute change my whole family is going now and was able to grab one starting on 2/6! I was thinking building 16 after looking at a old map that marked grand villas but just hoping it was walking distance for my young grandchildren? Also seeing boats aren't operating yet to downtown Disney? And if possible anyone have a picture of recreation activities for the resort? Also hoping park buses r running ok? I know I'm asking a lot but we've never stayed there and trying to plan since we switched Resorts at the last minute! Ty!!!
We stayed in a GV in Bldg 15 and it worked out great for us. 16 would be as good.

What would everyone consider the best Grand Villa locations? We just booked a Grand Villa for the middle of December and this is our first stay at OKW so trying to get the lay of the land.

We are staying for the first time in a 2-bedroom. EXCITED!! Going with grandparents and DD 6 and DS 5. Any particular location to recommend??

What would everyone consider the best Grand Villa locations? We just booked a Grand Villa for the middle of December and this is our first stay at OKW so trying to get the lay of the land.
U can see what buildings grand villas im not sure if u reserved near HH category but if u didn’t depends on if u want to be near HH or a quiet pool, etc.! I requested bldg 16 not an HH category fingers crossed we get it!

Attachments

• D5BBDCAD-4DE4-416D-BBCD-DCD67CABA8BC.png
    D5BBDCAD-4DE4-416D-BBCD-DCD67CABA8BC.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 8
Can anyone staying at OKW now confirm if the boat to and from Disney Springs has started running again?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter