OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Ended up booking OKW one bedroom for ten nights in February instead of split stay with Swan. I will miss being able to walk to MGM and Epcot but the fact of not havimg to pack and unpack twice and a good portion is to relax, I think we made the right decision.

Ended up booking OKW one bedroom for ten nights in February instead of split stay with Swan. I will miss being able to walk to MGM and Epcot but the fact of not havimg to pack and unpack twice and a good portion is to relax, I think we made the right decision.
MGM that's a good one. It hasn't been called that probably for at least 10 years? That's like calling Disney Springs, Downtown Disney. Oh for the good old days.

MGM that's a good one. It hasn't been called that probably for at least 10 years? That's like calling Disney Springs, Downtown Disney. Oh for the good old days.
Remember when we had the cushy comfy boats to the Marketplace Dock by Captain Jack's?

We had our first stay at OKW October 2020. We LOVED it! We enjoyed the large studio rooms. It was just the DH and I and we had more than enough space. We're sold on these larger rooms. We haven't stayed onsite in a minute. But OMG as soon as we went downstairs to board the Magical Express bus I remembered how much I enjoyed not having to rent a car. OKW is a large and spread out resort with multiple buildings and multiple bus stops We got a lot of walking in especially walking to the 1st stop to catch the bus to make rope drop. The buses left a lot to be desired. It was really quiet at the resort. We were in building 21. The room was clean and spacious. We looked out on the golfing course. It was peaceful and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again. We didn't request a room. Everything was within a 10 minute walk. We walked to the 1st bus stop, Peninsular every morning so we could rope drop the parks.

We ate on site a few times at Good's food to go. We enjoyed their salads, pulled pork sandwich, pulled pork nachos and cheeseburger. We also got the breakfast a couple of days. Nothing great! But it was food and we ate it. This is the one place I wish they would improve upon. We thought we would run over to Disney Springs on our lazy no reservation days but after a day in the parks we just weren't feeling the bus ride over to DS to grab something quick to eat. So we ate on site. Good's could make a killin' if they just had better quality Quick service food.

We have already looked into purchasing points for our big 2022 Family Disney trip. We will need 4 studios. We thought about one 1bdrm and 2 studios but to heck with that. Every family can have their own studio. We were going to get one 1bdrm for the kitchen. But who are we fooling. WE DON'T COOK ON VACATION! 4 sisters and none of us cook on vacation! LOL! Yes, we're that family. We feed the kids junk food, snacks and leftovers until we eat lunch around 11AM. Don't judge!

If you're thinking about booking OKW, JUST DO IT! You will enjoy it. Don't worry about them being the oldest resort on site. This is what gave me pause. The renovations have brought them up to date and the size of the studio is enough to make us repeat customers. I am glad I selected OKW.

Last edited:

We had our first stay at OKW October 2020. We LOVED it! We enjoyed the large studio rooms. It was just the DH and I and we had more than enough space. We're sold on these larger rooms. We haven't stayed onsite in a minute. But OMG as soon as we went downstairs to board the Magical Express bus I remembered how much I enjoyed not having to rent a car. OKW is a large and spread out resort with multiple buildings and multiple bus stops We got a lot of walking in especially walking to the 1st stop to catch the bus to make rope drop. The buses left a lot to be desired. It was really quiet at the resort. We were in building 21. The room was clean and spacious. We looked out on the golfing course. It was peaceful and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again. We didn't request a room. Everything was within a 10 minute walk. We walked to the 1st bus stop, Peninsular every morning so we could rope drop the parks.

We ate on site a few times at Good's food to go. We enjoyed their salads, pulled pork sandwich, pulled pork nachos and cheeseburger. We also got the breakfast a couple of days. Nothing great! But it was food and we ate it. This is the one place I wish they would improve upon. We thought we would run over to Disney Springs on our lazy no reservation days but after a day in the parks we just weren't feeling the bus ride over to DS to grab something quick to eat. So we ate on site. Good's could make a killin' if they just had better quality Quick service food.

We have already looked into purchasing points for our big 2022 Family Disney trip. We will need 4 studios. We thought about one 1bdrm and 2 studios but to heck with that. Every family can have their own studio. We were going to get one 1bdrm for the kitchen. But who are we fooling. WE DON'T COOK ON VACATION! 4 sisters and none of us cook on vacation! LOL! Yes, we're that family. We feed the kids junk food, snacks and leftovers until we eat lunch around 11AM. Don't judge!

If you're thinking about booking OKW, JUST DO IT! You will enjoy it. Don't worry about them being the oldest resort on site. This is what gave me pause. The renovations have brought them up to date and the size of the studio is enough to make us repeat customers. I am glad I selected OKW.
Yes I agree, I wish GTG served some better quality lunch and dinner foods. I will cook breakfast while on vacation. In our recent stay in November, since Garden Grill is our favorite character breakfast and it closed, I made cinnamon buns, bacon, scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles ( yes we brought the waffle maker with us) tater tots and toast. I didn’t make sausage or a fruit bowl, but i don’t think anyone missed it. Had waffles for a couple days after too.

Last edited:

If you change your mind and go with the 1BR villa and two studios it would be cheaper to get a 2BR lock off and a studio. Also you would have a washer and dryer.

We are headed to our first stay here in a 1 bedroom next week. Looking forward to it! Can anyone direct me where to find the activity calendar for December? Also wondering about nightime movies, Mickey tie-die, and if the playground is open! TIA!

Yes, MGM and DTD for me!

Hello, new neighbors!

We just submitted our very 1st DVC contract for ROFR for OKW! We're hoping we can use our new points for our trip in April, but just in case, we're booking CBR with cash.

All that said, if we're able to use our new points in time, do you think a Studio would be enough room for 3 adults?

Hello, new neighbors!

We just submitted our very 1st DVC contract for ROFR for OKW! We're hoping we can use our new points for our trip in April, but just in case, we're booking CBR with cash.

All that said, if we're able to use our new points in time, do you think a Studio would be enough room for 3 adults?
I've done 3 in a studio. If you're close friends or family it should be OK, and I say that as a person that usually does a one bedroom, often for two people, or even just myself. Good luck!

I've done 3 in a studio. If you're close friends or family it should be OK, and I say that as a person that usually does a one bedroom, often for two people, or even just myself. Good luck!

Thank you! I think we're going to opt for a 1BDR since that'll give us a full kitchen, but we're also looking at a 2BDR at AKV, pending availability. I think we'd all like to have a bed of our own.

Hello, new neighbors!

We had DH and I and our 2 DDs (aged almost 20 at the time) in a studio there. No problem and the great thing was 2 real beds instead of the real bed and sofa pull out that the other resorts' studios have. DDs and I plus, either, DH or my mom (so 4 of us) have shared studios at OKW, Poly, BWV and SSR. Poly and OKW was best.

Thank you! I think we're going to opt for a 1BDR since that'll give us a full kitchen, but we're also looking at a 2BDR at AKV, pending availability. I think we'd all like to have a bed of our own.
The washer and dryer are a nice bonus too.

We are headed to our first stay here in a 1 bedroom next week. Looking forward to it! Can anyone direct me where to find the activity calendar for December? Also wondering about nightime movies, Mickey tie-die, and if the playground is open! TIA!
I wish I knew! But we were just there and the tie dye was twice a week during certain times that they told me when I wandered over to the community hall.

Just came back a couple of days ago and they had the community hall open with 1 activity at 1:30 daily. Also had someone on the mic who had verbal trivia games going at the pool each day. I was surprised that had both going, actually!

The playground was closed due to COVID and the boat was not running.

HTH!

Hello, new neighbors!

If you can swing the 1-bedroom, I'd recommend that over a studio. 3 adults in a studio leaves little privacy. Doable yes, happily though? That's up to you.

Personally, I'd think with 3 adults, you'd need some privacy so I'd make sure to book a 1-bedroom that also isn't HH so you have the external entrance to the bathroom.

There are 2 options for sleeping for the 3rd adult in the living room, which is the pull-out sofabed (I think it may be a queen?) or the pull-out chair (a single and slightly comfier) and both seemed like comfortable options. The only thing that may be disruptive and to keep in mind is the morning light since there are so many windows, so I'd make sure whoever is sleeping in the living room is a natural morning person at heart.

HTH!

The washer and dryer are a nice bonus too.

That's a great point! I hate checking a bag, so being able to pack light and do laundry in the room is a huge bonus! I just really, really hope there's availability at the 6-week mark. Our points probably won't hit our account until March, so we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter