Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that being true! I kind of wonder if my kids would even be phased by SWW when they had a plethora of SW characters to meet and shake hands with at CVI! My 3 year old was obsessed with Troopers which I think influenced us to get armor of our own. R2D2 is like a brother to them. So maybe it would be old hat! :rotfl:

You can see our product at www dot fanwraps dot net They just launched last weekend!

Billabongi - here was the original post about the wraps.

Yes that was me! http://www.fanwraps.net (hopefully that is ok to do)

Looks like we will be sticking with our October 2013 trip. All the merch for this years SWW is settled so our fanwraps will have to wait for 2014. And we'll have to start thinking about planning our next trip for May 2014!!

Last Night when I discovered that Warrick Davis is going to be at SSW, I had a pretty serious fangirl attack. So excited. I've loved him in just about everything he's done.
:yay::cheer2::hyper:

I was just thinking. With the reality that there won't be a 3pm regular parade for the foreseeable future I think the SW motorcade parade might be even harder to see. For people that love parades, for kids that want to see Disney characters in a parade, the sw motorcade will attract more crowds than just the regular sw fan. What do you guys think?

My family (me, DS16, DD14) will be at SWW on Sunday June 2nd. This will be our very first one. Now I just need to read through these 60 pages to figure out what we should do!

I was just thinking. With the reality that there won't be a 3pm regular parade for the foreseeable future I think the SW motorcade parade might be even harder to see. For people that love parades, for kids that want to see Disney characters in a parade, the sw motorcade will attract more crowds than just the regular sw fan. What do you guys think?
Oh I hope not! The SW parade route is already waaay too short - increasing the crowds cramming in to see the parade. I know they need to end at the new stage, but maybe they could continue around towards ST and then circle back down in front of ABC Commissary and bring the characters and celebs to the stage from the back. That would give people more room to spread out along a longer parade route. For us last year the parade route was a mob scene:crazy2:!

Thats probably not going to happen due to the people in costume are already been in the heat ( direct sun ) back stage - then marching the parade .. Were a sweaty mess when we get back stage again .. And aside from Disney's face characters ( you see throughout the park and on stage ) most of the parade are not in Disney's employ we are volunteers .. Not all of the participants are in their prime ( young and in tip top shape ) like Disney's employ ..
Its partially short due to safety and depending on crowd levels there are additional factors .

But i personally would enjoy a longer route ;)

Oh I hope not! The SW parade route is already waaay too short - increasing the crowds cramming in to see the parade. I know they need to end at the new stage, but maybe they could continue around towards ST and then circle back down in front of ABC Commissary and bring the characters and celebs to the stage from the back. That would give people more room to spread out along a longer parade route. For us last year the parade route was a mob scene:crazy2:!

When you say "new stage" do you mean there is a different stage now that is not located under that hat? We did not see the parade in 2012, but in 2011 it ended at the hat.

My son was a padawan in the 2011 parade! :cool1:

Wait! What happened to the regular 3pm parade? I try to keep on top of this stuff, did I miss something? :confused3

When you say "new stage" do you mean there is a different stage now that is not located under that hat? We did not see the parade in 2012, but in 2011 it ended at the hat.

The Sorcerer Hat stage has been the current endpoint for only a few years. Likely the PP still thinks of it as "new".

Wait! What happened to the regular 3pm parade? I try to keep on top of this stuff, did I miss something? :confused3

Ending in early April, along with Disney Channel Rocks.

Thats probably not going to happen due to the people in costume are already been in the heat ( direct sun ) back stage - then marching the parade .. Were a sweaty mess when we get back stage again .. And aside from Disney's face characters ( you see throughout the park and on stage ) most of the parade are not in Disney's employ we are volunteers .. Not all of the participants are in their prime ( young and in tip top shape ) like Disney's employ ..
Its partially short due to safety and depending on crowd levels there are additional factors .

But i personally would enjoy a longer route ;)

There probably won't be a longer route for 2 reasons:
1.- they build this fancy-schmancy stage for SWW, it fits everyone way better and it allows more people in front of the stage to see the welcome "ceremony", as opposed to the JTA stage.
2.- They won't get the parade up to ST and then around Commisary lane because that would block way to many people from moving around the park for too long.
I have a bad feeling about this
:goodvibes

Yes that was me! http://www.fanwraps.net (hopefully that is ok to do)

Looks like we will be sticking with our October 2013 trip. All the merch for this years SWW is settled so our fanwraps will have to wait for 2014. And we'll have to start thinking about planning our next trip for May 2014!!

Thanks! My wife is considering the R2D2 wrap on her Blue Hyundai Veloster.

1.- they build this fancy-schmancy stage for SWW, it fits everyone way better and it allows more people in front of the stage to see the welcome "ceremony", as opposed to the JTA stage.
2.- They won't get the parade up to ST and then around Commisary lane because that would block way to many people from moving around the park for too long.

I totally agree with you ;)

Yep, sorry, last year was my first SWW in several years, so to me the stage by the hat was new.

Sadly, I also agree. We will again pick one day and find a spot (very) early so we're not 6 people back.

Anybody do Carbon freeze me last year? Is it worth it? How long of a wait should I expect? I so want to do this!
Thanks!

Anybody do Carbon freeze me last year? Is it worth it? How long of a wait should I expect? I so want to do this!
Thanks!

Just a heads up, the Carbon Freeze Me doesn't appear as a product that they will offer this year (this is info from the HUB an internal CM site) it appeared untll very recently and then it was taken off.
This doesn't mean that they won't offer it but there's a possibility that they won't.
We'll know for sure as the first SWW approaches

Dikran said:
Thanks!

My husband did it. He had an appt but the wait to get the figure was months. Ridiculously long. I hope they have figured out a better process if they are doing it again.

Just a heads up, the Carbon Freeze Me doesn't appear as a product that they will offer this year (this is info from the HUB an internal CM site) it appeared untll very recently and then it was taken off.
This doesn't mean that they won't offer it but there's a possibility that they won't.
We'll know for sure as the first SWW approaches

That actually makes sense with some of the rumor threads I've been reading about a major overhaul at DHS. I wish there would be some confimation one way or the other instead of all the speculation.

OT-my dh was listening to an interview with JAT. Don't remember who did the interview. But he was telling me that JAT said series 6 was taped and it was suppose to have a different ending. Wonder if that's what they will use for the arcs that Dave Filoni was talking about? I hope they shed more light during SWW.

Hi,
I noticed on the Disney website the hours for the studios on May 23rd are 9:00am to 6:00pm. Does anyone know why they will be closed so early that night? Is there a special event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter